1/55 valk & bootleg verbatim

kanata67

After seein a post here on MW and learning about yet another 1/55 bootleg I was unaware of I just have to know every 1/55 made. I know that mw has the archives but much is not covered. If anybody knows of any other, knows more info about others, or wants to post pics... please do so. I am mostly interested in 80's bootlegs [ie those with diecast and proper molds so parts can be swapped]

takatoku... [from archives, complete?] [marked "TT" in a diamond on inner backplate]

VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker with Fast Pack

VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker with GBP-1S

VF-1A Valkyrie [brown /misa?]

VF-1J Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo

VF-1J Valkyrie Maximillian Genius

VF-1J Valkyrie Milia Falina

VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker

--------------------------------------------------------

Bandai original [marked various + bandai on inner backplate]

VF-1s strike valkyrie

VE-1 elintseeker

VT-1 superostrich

vf-1s supervalkyrie

VF-1a

jetfire

1990 "odd head" super valkyrie???

----------------------------------------------------

Bandai re-issue [marked bandai on inner backplate]

VF-1j max

VF-1j milla/myria

VF-1j cannon foder

vf-1j hikaru

VF-1s roy

VF-1s hikaru ? {don't have one so ain't sure?!]

VF-1s hikaru super

--------------------------------------------

Joon's made in korea, no back plate stamp

space gandam [a 1j with yin-yang's on the wings]

VF-1j milla

VF-1j max

vf-1j patriot [red, white, and blue]

vf-1j green [i still need one :rolleyes: ]

vf-1j hikaru? {I saw one that looked like the space gandam in a reguler joon's box?}

joon's also made 1/100 I believe but cannot confirm

Made in taiwan -I'll have to check the marking]

VF-1s super valkyrie

VF-1s strike [packed valk only, no armor]

-----------------------------------------------------

french?! [marked made in macau?]

VF-1s

Matsushiro [marked matsushiro]

Space fighter

jetfire

---------------------------------------------------

others stuff unmentioned above

galaxy defender -can parts be swaped?

"el-cheapy" all plastic carded chinese boots with or without boosters... [some parts can be swapped but the are still crapy parts]

-------------------------------------------------------

can anybody think of anything I'm missing? I'll post a pic of the joon's I have so far [max,milla,patriot, and gandam], as well as pics of the two taiwan's later unless some-one beat me to it. I don't count the MPC's in this as parts cannot be swapped freely so don't yell at me.

Edited by kanata67

The Takatou VF-1D Valkyrie Trainer VT-102 doesn't exist. The one on the main page is a custom. You left out the super rare Joon's Millia 1A. There were also some boots made by Popeye but I don't know much about them except that they're a step below Joons.

here's a pic of two 1/100 boots I got from eliwin a ways back. The boxes look like the joons boxes and the quality is on par with joon's... actually pretty below joon's, and they don't have a name on the box. Are these taiwanese or was joon's just so ashamed they didn't label them?

There's the Joon's TV series Hikaru VF-1J. I got mine from a store in LA back around '94-'96 from Banzai Comics and Animation (they no longer exist, they went bankrupt about a year ago). At the time I thought it was an official valkyrie, although I was suspicious since it was selling for $30.

Anyway mine came in a box like the VF-1J Max and Miria like you've got in the pic, but mine's a Hikaru 1J, gray with a red stripe.

What's with the elint in the bootleg box?

:lol: I was wondering how long it would take someone to spot that. The armor is in a seperate box with bubble wrap and it's safe from my cats :rolleyes: .

The space gandam was part of a cheap ebay lot [of two] valks way back when... [i believe it was actually my first non-jetfire 1/55] The lot was 1 1/100 die-cast foot valk and the gandam. I didn't know what the heck it was but kinda liked the yin-yangs on the wings. A while back some-one was selling one so I was able to determine what it was by comparing. The gandam's identifying points are... lack of backplate markings, yin-yangs on the wings, and an amber colored canopy. Only recently some-one [eliwin] pointed out a space gandam for parts with box in responce to my "wanted 1/55 parts" thread http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4434 I still need parts :lol:

so anyways... I got some parts and a proper home for my gandam, although the plastic window needs to be replaced and the box is rough.

here is a pic of the two valks from the original auction. I have no idea about the die-cast foot 1/100 besides it's better than the 1/100's in box above but not a bandai/takatoku. I have to tighten the hip bar [metal] every other transformation.

Edited by kanata67

PC Toys also produced a Korean 1/55 VF-1j bootleg. On the box it has a window displaying the upper portion of the Battroid. On the top of the box it says Robotec.

On the outer legs of the battroid it also says robotec. It looks just like the unboxed 1/55 in your pic. :)

here's a pic of two 1/100 boots I got from eliwin a ways back. The boxes look like the joons boxes and the quality is on par with joon's... actually pretty below joon's, and they don't have a name on the box. Are these taiwanese or was joon's just so ashamed they didn't label them?

I see my restored Elint has a nice new home :D

I may have sent you the pic, but I definitely didn't send you the toys. I regret to say that all I've ever sent you is the booster from a Chinese 1/55 plastic carded bootleg. I did send a tip on a Spacegandam with intact box...

One place to look at a bunch of boots is at http://mospeada.free.fr/collection_macross_autres.shtml

Some of the pics are screwed up on my computer, don't know if they show up on PC's. The pics will show if you fix the links (change the backslashes to forward slashes). Anyway, there's a Hergoss VF-1S and a Robotec (PC Toys/Popeye) VF-1J. Here's what the text for each says.

"Hergoss VF-1S. Made in Macao (in China) around the 80's/90's [i guess this means around the turn of the decade], it has the distinction of having been sold only in France! You can read "H.S. Espace" on the legs. I suppose that a company wanted to take advantage of the interest in space and in the Ariane projects in France at that time...

"Note: Contrary to what the american site VF1X.COM supposes, it has the same design as a Bandai! and not like a Joon's. (This is certain, I have 2.) Evidently, it's only found in France and not elsewhere; however, beware, the models which can be found at auction or elsewhere are rarely in good condition."

[AFAIK VF-1X.COM is defunct. Also, we had a thread on the Hergoss not too long ago.]

"Robotec VF-1J Variable Fighter (exists in red and green). It's a clone with the quality of a Joon's. Made in Korea."

I don't think the page shows any other obscure 1/55 boots, but the Hawk Fighter is a boot of theTakatoku 1/100's.

Edited by ewilen