Best way to get notified if/when VF-25F VF-25S is Reissued?

sreichma

I've managed to stay on top of most of the Macross F renewal issues just by checking on the Toys forum at least once a day. As royard mentioned, they usually announce the release a day before it goes on preorder at most popular stores like AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan. As many people as there are on here that still need the F and S, I'm sure you'll be well informed about the reissues before they go up if you scope the threads here every day.

This is the procedure:

1. Check the boards everyday, particularly the DX VF-25 thread

2. Once pre-orders are announced, you need to stock up on the following:

• Red Bull and some food
  • Stress Balls
  • Alcohol (very important)

3. Lock yourself in your man-cave and make an account, complete with payment info, on all the major sites. Here's a few to get you started

• HLJ
  • Hobbysearch
  • Amiami
  • Anime-Export
  • Nippon-yasan
  • Play-asia
  • CD-japan

4. Around 1 hour before the preorder window (typically 16:00 JST) OPen up a browser window on each online store you know of and Log into your account. The time it takes to login could cost you your valkyrie.

5. Either get an autorefresh script or F5 every page until you see your target. Squeeze stress ball to release stress and tension because you'll need to be ACCURATE with your mouse. Fractions of seconds count!

6A. If you're able to get a valk in your cart and al lteh way to checkout / payment, you succeed. Proceed to Mw boards to brag about getting a pre-order.

6B. If you're like 99.9% of Mw-er's you won't get a pre-order. Go Bitch on the boards about missing the pre-order and then proceed to bitch about Bandai, Scalpers, and then more Bandai. Afterwards cry yourself to sleep while drinking lots of alcohol to dull the pain.

7. Wake up with a hangover only to check the boards and see you missed the Nippon-yasan reopen. Repeat Step 6B

8. Say "F*** it," Give in and order the long-open Nippon-yasan valk at 40-50 dollar markup because that's the only way you'll ever see this valk.

9. heal over time, return to normal. Deal with Bandai Preorder PTSD and await the next dreaded Preorder announcement.

Did I get it right everyone?

Edited by Duymon

This is the procedure:

• Red Bull and some food
  • Stress Balls

3. Lock yourself in your man-cave and make an account, complete with payment info, on all the major sites. Here's a few to get you started

• HLJ
  • Hobbysearch
  • Amiami
  • Anime-Export
  • Nippon-yasan
  • Play-asia
  • CD-japan

4. Around 1 hour before the preorder window (typically 16:00 JST) OPen up a browser window on each online store you know of and Log into your account. The time it takes to login could cost you your valkyrie.

5. Either get an autorefresh script or F5 every page until you see your target. Squeeze stress ball to release stress and tension because you'll need to be ACCURATE with your mouse. Fractions of seconds count!

6A. If you're able to get a valk in your cart and al lteh way to checkout / payment, you succeed. Proceed to Mw boards to brag about getting a pre-order.

6B. If you're like 99.9% of Mw-er's you won't get a pre-order. Go Bitch on the boards about missing the pre-order and then proceed to bitch about Bandai, Scalpers, and then more Bandai. Afterwards cry yourself to sleep while drinking lots of alcohol to dull the pain.

7. Wake up with a hangover only to check the boards and see you missed the Nippon-yasan reopen. Repeat Step 6B

8. Say "F*** it," Give in and order the long-open Nippon-yasan valk at 40-50 dollar markup because that's the only way you'll ever see this valk.

9. heal over time, return to normal. Deal with Bandai Preorder PTSD and await the next dreaded Preorder announcement.

Pretty much nailed it from what I've seen.

This is the procedure:

• Red Bull and some food
  • Stress Balls

• HLJ
  • Hobbysearch
  • Amiami
  • Anime-Export
  • Nippon-yasan
  • Play-asia
  • CD-japan

LOL@accurate mouse clicks. I missed 2 preorders coz I accidentally clicked the wrong button. :lol:

At this point I have already given up on online stores.

Just confirmed 2 pcs of RVF-25 renewals from a local hobby store here. The store owner managed to snag 2 Pre-orders from a contact in Japan.

I had to pay a slight markup, around USD20, but at least I am confirmed of getting it.

This is the procedure:

• Red Bull and some food
  • Stress Balls

• HLJ
  • Hobbysearch
  • Amiami
  • Anime-Export
  • Nippon-yasan
  • Play-asia
  • CD-japan

You are invading my privacy. :D

Edited by ff95gj

This is the procedure:

• Red Bull and some food
  • Stress Balls

• HLJ
  • Hobbysearch
  • Amiami
  • Anime-Export
  • Nippon-yasan
  • Play-asia
  • CD-japan

ahahahah you are the number 1 ;)

LOL@accurate mouse clicks. I missed 2 preorders coz I accidentally clicked the wrong button. :lol:

Yup, the shaking and tension caused me to lose at least 1 preorder lol

6A. Fully paid the RVF-25 pre-order from Nippon Yassan. :p:D:lol:

Actually more like 8 since according to the thread you put down 197 which is the late-open (3rd or 4th) preorder window from NY with a 40-ish dollar markup from the original 151 :(

excellent description, So I don't black out drunk before the pre order, 1600 JST is 2am Eastern correct?....I'll have to pace myself

Yup. 1600 JST is 0200 EST. I have my Japan time down 100% pat because I get calls all the time from them while on night shift for my job (-_-)