MSiA FA-93 Nu Gundam HWS

Vostok 7

Just got this bad boy from BBTS yesterday.

Damn is it impressive. I'd never thought I'd see this thing here.

I want to like it really bad, but there's a few things I don't.

The armor looks great. Each piece fits well, though the front skirt armor is kinda picky. The missile pods on the chest armor are removable of course. Without the armor, it's your usual MSIA Nu Gundam.

Two things interested me: 1) No beam saber blades. 2) No funnels. Interesting. This is the first Gundam MSIA I've bought that didn't include any beam saber blades. Odd.

The biggest thing I don't like is the fact that there is no way in hell this thing can hold the huge ass rifle and the huge ass shield. The bipod is a nice touch on the rifle, but there's no way to pose this thing holding them. You'd have to use some kind of stands to pose like is shown on the box.

I was very very fortunate that unlike most every MSIA I've ever bought, this guy didn't suffer from major Gashapon disease. The big shield had a touch, but it was liveable. Fortunately, with the exception of the big shield, the parts are designed so that Gashapon disease isn't much of a worry, so that's good.

All in all, I like it. However, I only bought it to tide me over until my MM Launcher and Strike Gundam shows up.

Vostok 7

You guys quit chapping my hide. I get that enough from Ai all day :(

But she's gone for the weekend. MUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I get to be my desparate, sukebe, baka self for once! BWWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:blink:

*ahem*

Pictures are coming soon.

:lol:

Vostok 7

Are you gonna post any pics Vostok 7? :huh:

Geez, you people are pushy. I had some picts but they didn't come out right. So I'm going to get some more when I get a chance.

Patience, young padawan.

Vostok 7

the booster was pretty dissapointing too, can't really use it with all the armor, and you pretty much need the base jabber for it to be any use at all really. I was really hoping that the Nu itself would be at least sligtly resculpted, particularly at the elbows. good thing I got it on sale

Boy some of you guys are running late in getting the FA-93 Nu. :) I got my first one from a Target about 5 or 6 weeks ago.

It does suck that the beam parts of the beam sabers and the fin funnels aren't there, but it's quite simple to borrow the parts from the original Nu figure. As for the beam cannon and the missile-loaded shield, it should be remembered that this armament layout is meant for space combat (no gravity) and that the real Nu would have hydralics to hold things up.

Here's a few pictures I took a few minutes ago.

post-26-1061517005_thumb.jpg

I don't mean to sound offensive, but I have the Japanese MSIA Nu Gundam (which comes with individual separable fin funnels) and the FIX Figuration Nu Gundam (which comes with the full HWS attachements and individually separable fin funnels).

The FIX figure is SO much better looking than the Japanese MSIA, which in turn is better than the North American MSIA figure. For those of you wanting to just spend money on ONE RX-93 Nu Gundam, pay the higher price just once and get the FIX version of the RX-93. In my opinion, you will not regret it.

How much bigger/smaller is the FIX Nu Gundam in comparison to the MSIA Nu?

Can't give you exact numbers right now because the toys are in my parents' place (no room to display my toys in my current condo). According to memory, the 1/144 scale FIX is slightly taller than the MSIA.

However, what is impressive is not the size, but the amount of panel lining and markings on the FIX. The FIX really looks like a painted model, while the Japanese MSIA (already with panel lining) looks like a plastic toy.

I don't mean to sound offensive, but I have the Japanese MSIA Nu Gundam (which comes with individual separable fin funnels) and the FIX Figuration Nu Gundam (which comes with the full HWS attachements and individually separable fin funnels).

The FIX figure is SO much better looking than the Japanese MSIA, which in turn is better than the North American MSIA figure. For those of you wanting to just spend money on ONE RX-93 Nu Gundam, pay the higher price just once and get the FIX version of the RX-93. In my opinion, you will not regret it.

Yeah, but the FiX is arounf 40 bucks, plus shipping, whereas the MSiA is what, 12 bucks?

I gotta agree, the FIX FA-93 Nu Gundam looks way better than the MSiA.

I've never liked the FA-93 design much anyway. It's got all that extra armor, except over the area you really need to protect, the cockpit...stupid!

Graham

I gotta agree, the FIX FA-93 Nu Gundam looks way better than the MSiA.

I've never liked the FA-93 design much anyway. It's got all that extra armor, except over the area you really need to protect, the cockpit...stupid!

Graham

Hah, lol, you've got a point there.....

Hey, anyone else notice that the HWS looks a lot like RX-78 NT1 without armor? Especially the legs?

The FIX figure is SO much better looking than the Japanese MSIA, which in turn is better than the North American MSIA figure.  For those of you wanting to just spend money on ONE RX-93 Nu Gundam, pay the higher price just once and get the FIX version of the RX-93.  In my opinion, you will not regret it.

I have to agree with you on the quality of the FIX RX-93. Along the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Fokker version), the RX-93 is one of my favorite mechs. If one has the money :mellow: , I would buy the FIX version instead of the one released by Bandai North America.