Ace Combat 5

naw man. 1/48 scale, some diecast, and minimally articulated pilots!! hell yes, the shin hath spoken.

BTW for you ace combat 4 lovers...and 2, there is an X-02 MODEL in japan!! I think there was an XFA-27 as well. BTW when I see XFA-27 i think super manueverability. Am I wrong?

*EDIT...BTW new trailer@Acecombat.jp....if anyone MIRRORS it as a mpeg or mov please tell me!! I cant view it!!*

No, see, while that'd be cool, I can't afford to pay more for the planes than the game. :p Some nice little ones, around 2 bucks a piece, and maybe then I could slowly buy all 50 something planes from AC5.

Considering the amount of effort that went into the design of AC5, ie squadron patches, worlds, orgs..

I think this is a great opportunity to release a whole bunch of items...love to see more AC5 theme models kits, diecast, mechandise and action figures(like those dragon and BBi types).

Not very likely but possible.

I do not have all S in Ace mode (only in Expert mode, for Ace mode I have 2 A's and all the other S), and I bought the white X-02, have it, and fly it. Actually, for me the last thing to open up was Yellow 13. I swear I had all 3 X-02's available and purchased before it let me have Yellow 13.

Question: the white X-02 has unique markings. "EASA".

Anyone recognize/know it? Most all other "3rd" colors are "FEAF", which I presume to be the Free Erusian Air Force or something.

And I don't think I ever got what "the bad guys" go by. ESAF? Though that's a little TOO similar to ISAF. Or maybe they are the EASA.

Edited by David Hingtgen

lol, I have all S's in very easy, then in normal then in expert then in ace. But I haven't played regular easy mode all the way through yet, so I still don't have all S's. :lol:

Edited by Shmitty

I'm still waiting for the game (besides UN Squadron/Area 88) that lets you have an F-8 Crusader... 4 guns, better agility than the F-4, fast(er) as an F-18 (depends on exact variant), AIM-9, rockets, as many dumb bombs as an A-6, AGM-12. What more do you need for the first couple of missions? And it'd be the best for AC2's "shoot the cruise missile" mission.

And you know, the F-8 (including VF-111 I think) was stationed in Japan for a while. The F-14 and F-18 are so popular in Japan (kits, games, etc) because that's what's currently there at Atsugi. It's not coincidence Hasegawa releases the Black Knights and Dam Busters more than every other squadron combined.

Edited by David Hingtgen

yea it always puzzled me why they put in F-5s an F-4s and MiG-21's yet neglect the sader. I mean, heck the crusader even has a GOOD upgrade for a game!!(supercrusader/gatorIII). As many bombs as an A-6? Really? I never knew that! Do you have any pics?

I wonder if an F-8 airframe could be retrofitted with a GE F-129 thrust vectoring engine, canards, bubble canopy, and AMRAAM. I imagine it would look AWESOME.

Sadly I have not seen any vought aircraft for AC5. MAn I wonder why AFDS DIDN'T have the crusader!!! All those planes(some which just suck) and no crusader E and III?

oh well. Least namco put in the F-20. Vut it's no F-8!!

Dual triple-ejector racks. That's 6 bombs per rack, per wing. I don't THINK A-6's can carry 2 of those per wing, though maybe--I know A-7's can. (I'm really not that up on A-6 stuff, I really need to re-read my stuff about them a bunch of times before AC5 comes out) Though, F-8's are restricted to 250lb bombs when carrying twelve of them, it can only carry 8 500lb bombs. A-6's can carry 12 500lb bombs. (But in AC games, number is more important than size)

Looking at the style of the letters I'm guessing ESAF is the Usean equilant of NASA.

Experiamental Space and Air Foundation?

I also heard it was the name of the company that made the X-02.

I really don't recall how I got the other two X-02s, though I did get Yellow 13's plane first.

As for that R-103 kit, that thing just looks beautiful...

@David Hintgen

Is there really a new Area88 in the making ?

-------------------------------------------------------

As for the R-10X series of Delphinus...i really hate the v-stab of that thing because it looks too much like the conning tower of a submarine.

Edited by hellohikaru

Got my preview DVD from Gamestop but they didn't get the patches in yet. They say another week...guess the offer stands for the in-store pre-orders too.

DVD has the 3 Trailers

Screeenshots

Radio chatter samples

Making of Cinematics

and some artwork...cool

Haven't run everything yet but the third "trailer" looks like the opening movie to the game... looks awesome and a nice companion piece for a title.

::reads preview:: Hey, F-4B through J, yet only one type of Crusader? (F-8E) Do they have any idea how many types of Crusaders there were, and how different their performance was? I mean, I like F-8D's and F-8H's myself... That's like having only F-16A Block 10's or something...

It will be a rude change of routine i can assure you. No more 60 missile loadouts :D . The early Sidewinders even lose lock or explode prematurely.

I think Wings over Vietnam is our best chance of flying and fighting in the Crusader and doing the Janes USNF Vietnam renactment.

Another sim out there which has older planes is Jet Thunder. Will cover the much ignored Falkland War and operation corporate. Can fly the Shar FRS.1, Skyhawk, Etendard and Nesher i think.

I pre-ordered AC5 and Halo2 and GTA-SA all at the local GameStop because you can, and then you don't have to pay both tax and shipping. Picked up the DVD today. They never said anything about the patches, but I don't really care about the bonus items anyway. Had I not wanted the FlightStick, I would have just ordered for $35 from Outpost.

Question: the white X-02 has unique markings. "EASA".

Anyone recognize/know it? Most all other "3rd" colors are "FEAF", which I presume to be the Free Erusian Air Force or something.

And I don't think I ever got what "the bad guys" go by. ESAF? Though that's a little TOO similar to ISAF. Or maybe they are the EASA.

Eurusian Autocratic States Alliance? Seriously, I don't know. I thought ISAF was Independant States Allied Forces, and the other side was simply Eurusia or the Eurusian Air Force.

David, I thought that one paint was the default Mobius/ISAF color, one paint was the Eurusian, and the third was either unrelated to both or perhaps a paint for one of the countries that made up ISAF. Did you happen to notice any other markings?

For almost all of AC4's planes, the first is Mobius 1 color, the 2nd color is another ISAF color, and the 3rd usually is "anything", but often the FEAF.

Su-37 Yellow 13 is the only definite bad guy, and their insignia is a hollow red circle. EASA is different.

LOL. I misread that too and was confused. Anyhoo only 3 more weeks~! Hopefully ALL the ace colors in AC5 rock. For each variant or upgrade I believe there are all new colors. So far for the F-14D I have seen DACM camo. For F-14A it is the hiolly rogers influenced color, assuming there is 3 colors per variant, we get to see 9 differnt tomcat colors! BEUAUTIFUL! (lets hope!)