Who Here Does Custom Paint Work "For Hire"

sqidd

I want to look into some of the talent around here that does custom paint on Valks. I don't know where to start though. I figured this would get the most traffic. Sorry if I missed where this should be.

So who does custom paint "for hire"?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

So who does custom paint "for hire"?

If you're looking to hire a professional modeler, it's important to understand the costs involved.  Many of us have devoted decades to developing our craft -- I've spent years training with master builders here in Japan, for instance -- and those of us who do commissions expect to be compensated for our time and talent.  You've got to consider material costs, shipping expenses, and be prepared to wait months for a project to be completed.

You may find a skilled amateur who's willing to work cheap as he develops his abilities, but the old adage always applies: You get what you pay for.  Make sure you're familiar with his work, so you know what to expect.

If you're serious about hiring a reliable professional, we're available... but it's gonna cost you!  :p

1 hour ago, tekering said:

If you're looking to hire a professional modeler, it's important to understand the costs involved.  Many of us have devoted decades to developing our craft -- I've spent years training with master builders here in Japan, for instance -- and those of us who do commissions expect to be compensated for our time and talent.  You've got to consider material costs, shipping expenses, and be prepared to wait months for a project to be completed.

You may find a skilled amateur who's willing to work cheap as he develops his abilities, but the old adage always applies: You get what you pay for.  Make sure you're familiar with his work, so you know what to expect.

If you're serious about hiring a reliable professional, we're available... but it's gonna cost you!  :p

How much would you charge to build and paint one of these kits....with or without the "weathering" effect...I am thinking stock HMR's may look better in a non-weathered factory kit...maybe

150.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I'm a master in my profession too. I understand.;)

If what you are looking for is non-mecha, i’d consider visiting your local hobby store and seeing if anyone there is willing to do the work.  The one near my place  sells mostly mostly model train supplies but one of the locals built a nice VF-0D, not know what the subject was, he just like the plane.  

Better yet, for the price it would cost to hire a “pro”, get two copies of the kit, one to practice with and one to complete nicely.  Then visit your hobby store and get the supplies you need and do it yourself.  It would be much more gratifying this way.

3 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

If what you are looking for is non-mecha, i’d consider visiting your local hobby store and seeing if anyone there is willing to do the work.  The one near my place  sells mostly mostly model train supplies but one of the locals built a nice VF-0D, not know what the subject was, he just like the plane.  

Better yet, for the price it would cost to hire a “pro”, get two copies of the kit, one to practice with and one to complete nicely.  Then visit your hobby store and get the supplies you need and do it yourself.  It would be much more gratifying this way.

It's mecha.

I don't have any sort of spare time for this sort of thing.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's mecha.

I don't have any sort of spare time for this sort of thing.

Thanks!

Have you seen Pengbuzz's stuff on these forums?  He's making excellent stuff out of what is at times cardboard and masking tape.  So, technically you need neither time nor money to start developing the skills. ;)

Nevertheless, I recommend finding someone close to home.  Anywhere that you can't personally pick up or drop off a kit adds a whole bucket load of costs—with ever greater possibilities of breakage in transit!

Edited by sketchley