I am looking forward to a pretty epic Votoms photo shoot once I move into my new house. EPIC I TELL YOU!!!! Can't wait. -

Awesome.

I need to write up a t-rex review of the new getters put it on the site.

Gonna shoot a video for getter 1 today I think.

Edited by Gakken85

• 1 month later...

That is the Pro-spec model with down form and Chirico figure.

The standard model isvalready available and doesn't have those.

overall a nice model but I replaced some parts with my own.

I feel like we should differentiate between US votoms market and Japan votoms market. It's hard to sell Votoms stuff in the states. haha

But I'm sure it will continue to become more and more collectible, nobody is making Votoms toys these days.

Edited by Gakken85

Wave is still in issuing 1/24 resin kits via their online store, next is Berserga DT.

Happy to get both of their 1/35 Rapidly Dogs, hope we will see more styrene kits from them.

Votoms kits come in waves usually tied to OVA or games, Berkhoff Squad, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes, I just paid 5.000 yen for the 1/20 kit.

Still got the resin Volks 1/8 Scopedog + Round mover conversion boxed up, paid 70.000yen for both.

CD - You did not over pay it seems for your 1/8th stuff.

Dog and Round Mover sets just went for 52,000 and 24,000 respectively . . .

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-v347173624

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-t374380495

post-8486-0-45136200-1400856121_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-93472900-1400856133_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Votoms 1/12 Market Watch:

RSC "All-in-One' Box - 56,000 Yen

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-w103613502

post-8486-0-18772400-1403010457.jpg

Chirico and Space Fyana - 12,000

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-r115641741

post-8486-0-79024900-1403010578_thumb.jpg

Fyana Brutish Combo - 43,500

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-g140319217

post-8486-0-47175600-1403010706.jpg

ScopeDog V2 - 26,500

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-b158204700

post-8486-0-46901000-1403010941_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

You won't get much for them here.

It's kind of like reverse macross.

I should def. do a Fayna review at some point for my channel. I did a little Chirico and SB review as my first crappy review.

Edited by Gakken85

I am shooting to have anymoon and my youtube channel up and functional again no later than Comic-con. I should know if I can unpack or if I have to start packing again over the next couple weeks. When I do get back to it I think I'll have to get a flurry of Macross reviews up before I hit up some more Votoms.

I was cleaning out the crawl space above my walk-in closet and laying down paper so I could move some of my boxes up there for storage... broke the bulb in one of my review lamps! doah.

Hi all,

Found this thread searching for more information on the Yamato 1/12 line of figures. Have been a Votoms fan since I discovered the series several years ago but have only very recently gotten into collecting.

If anyone is looking to offload a 1/12 Yamato Brutish dog, Turbo Custom, Strong Bacchus, or accessories (weapons set/backpack/mover) at a reasonable price, feel free to hit me up and I can provide some feedback (ebay, etc). Prefer complete/good condition stuff (nothing missing/broken). Already have a Chirico and a Fyana(Uoodo vers.) in the mail.

Watching the Rinkya auctions lately has made me a bit depressed haha.....thanks.

Edited by Helot

I really wish Sentinel would pick up the line and do something around the 1/18th scale, Maybe slightly larger to afford a more complex chirico pilot.

Seems tailored made for their ingenuity and quality. 1/12 is just too big imo.

They are already halfway there with the Biloda stuff.

The DMZ's look excellent but aren't much fun to handle or pose.

The Yamato's V2's are good toys but still have a few flaws, and just take up so much damn room.

I'd just pick one Yamato and go all out for it and not sink a ton of money into collecting a lot. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Gakken85

Yeah I was thinking of just getting a cheaper scopedog to start out with, then eventually a Brutish and a Red Shoulder v2 if I decided I liked it.

What sold me on it is the detail of the figures, as I've seen some others mention here. Will mostly be for display so will see how the size works out once I've gotten one.

Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Helot

If you've got the figs on the way you'll be a 1/12 guy for sure.

Save up and try to get one of these 3 Turbo Custom models - instead of spending money on any of the other 1/12 SDs.

Yes they are very expensive, but you'll not be satisfied until you work your way up there eventually anyway - so just save up and get the best.

And get a Brutish for your Fyana too if you can swing it . . .

post-8486-0-44662400-1403109770_thumb.jpg

Apologies as this has likely been answered previously in the thread, but what are the main differences between the turbo customs and the standard models?

Can you use the equipment sets (as pictured above) with the standard models? Or are they only compatible with the turbo custom models?