THE UN-OFFICIAL COLOR SCHEME THREAD

Damn good work, Hellohikaru!!!

Just to spite you, I'm going to criticize something (also because I'm jealous that the student has surpassed the master [so to say]):

Your "CVN-66 America" marking should be altered using distort and perspective to make it seem more like it is a marking on the rounded section.

My bro-in-law finally was able to grab all of the files from my old hard drive (it was a PC, it crashed a lot and then died... normal PC behavior) and a lot of my artwork I thought was lost has now been found again. Included was the first color scheme I ever did, probably around late 2001/early 2002. The idea was to use WWII paintschemes on VF-1's. This one was based on an Me-109.

It really stinks compared to what can be accomplished now, but for nostalgia value, it's still pretty cool.

post-5-1072754131_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

try this one for LSU

sorry about the size

i don't know how to resize it

post-5-1073533592_thumb.jpg

Edited by brainiac_08

Hmmm... is it me, or is the slight downward angle of the lower leg wrong in that picture. I always thought it was straight back.

Hasegawa detail vs canon material i guess. If you look at the instruction sheet you see the decals are slightly tilted as well. I prefer the original lineart than the Hase one so looks like its tracing all over again.

Well, I've fiddled around with it. Right or wrong, I moved the leg into something that looks more "correct" to me. I've also added in some little details that were missing.

This is what I've done so far, this includes weathering, shading and most of the "decals". I'm still deciding on what I want to do with pilot, cockpit and canopy- but that's not vitally important. I'll probably also refine the shading on my template as things go along. But basically, all I have to do now is throw on a multiply layer and add colors. Yee-haw.

I should have my first color scheme with this new stup done soon.

post-5-1073717103_thumb.jpg

Good Lord, that is wrong!

"What do you plan to do!?!"

"BLIND THEM TO DEATH!!!"

ha ha

by the way I got it here:

Miscellaneous blanks

there are also more than that

Here is one of my favourite squadrons from VFX-2.

A little background info:

SVF-41 is a veteran VF-11 squadron recently upgraded to the new VF-11C-Kai standard. Due to the squadron often deployed for operation in atmospheric enviroments the low-vis scheme was adopted for some of its fighters. The unit deploys aboard the B.J.Gloval.

post-5-1073955559_thumb.jpg