eriku

Ride Armor Comparison

At least it doesn't look like it's plunging any more.

God I hope not....if so....then I'll NEVER be able to afford the toys...errr I mean "collectibles" that I want.

:ph34r:

...At least it doesn't look like it's plunging any more.

It will if there is another Fed rate cut. It's all a vicious cycle: cut rates to forestall a recession and stimulate borrowing (pump more money into the economy); this leads to a lower dollar value (like any commodity, the more of it you have, the less it's worth due to over-supply); with the weaker currency, energy gets more expensive (one of the biggest reasons for the current crude oil prices is because the dollar is so week... less bang for your buck); the higher energy prices makes everything more expensive (manufacturing, farming, transportation, retail... all feel the pressure of higher oil prices); since oil instigated inflation occurs, consumers tighten their belts on discretionary spending; when the consumer spends less, corporate profits suffer; with lower profits there is less corporate expenditures into R&D, infrastructure, labor force, etc.; lower corporate spending leads to less economic activity and higher unemployment; this leads to a slow down in the economy teetering on the edge of recession which prompts the Fed to cut rates to forestall... And so goes the Merry-Go-Round (this is overly simplified, of course, but you get the idea).

The only saving grace is that a lower dollar makes American goods more competitive in the export market, but it's little consolation when you cringe at where the prices for our favorite obsession have gone, and how much it costs to ship the stuff.

Things will get better once the markets digest all the bad news and people start jumping back in to invest in the next fill-in-the-blank-bubble. Don't you just love market cycles? :rolleyes:

With all that being said, I hope that when the Beagle is released there will be a convergence of a stronger dollar and a lower MSRP than has been rumored so I'll be able to afford it. The thing looks awesome.

Edited by mechaninac

Here's my Mospeada collection so far. ;)

Hell yeah!!! Cool collection mate.

Once my red and green CMs legioss/tread sets come in I think I'm going to have to do a group shot...

Once my red and green CMs legioss/tread sets come in I think I'm going to have to do a group shot...

PLEASE do! Can't wait to see them.

i finished up my reprolabes. These are just prototypes. i need to find a print house that can print on clear paper and print white. These are just printed on avery clear sticker, which is just kind of smokey. The design is pretty locked in, i just need a printer.

Mospeadadecal.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

Those make a world of difference. Yet the MH looks great now even better.

i finished up my reprolabes. These are just prototypes. i need to find a print house that can print on clear paper and print white. These are just printed on avery clear sticker, which is just kind of smokey. The design is pretty locked in, i just need a printer.

Those look FANTASTIC!!! I hope you find a printer.

Drifand pics made want to try a CM's. Is it possible to clear coat them so the surfaces look more dull without losing all the tampo? Drif?

I thought about that! I had planned to clear coat the CM's but was forced to consider these points:

1. Have to take apart the whole toy + mask the windshield. Tough.

2. Close-fitting parts like the shoulder armor would scrape off the coating around that area.

So, no, I decided not to go that route. Now that I've grunged up the toys, the shiny bits don't bother me any more.

BlueCyclone: Great collection.

Mark: Awesome stickers. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Drifand pics made want to try a CM's. Is it possible to clear coat them so the surfaces look more dull without losing all the tampo? Drif?

Testors and Tamiya are two that come to mind.

You can put on your decals seal them with future and then apply coats of semi-dull or dull to highlight wear and other effects. Armor dull but chrome parts glossy.

To get the CMs to a matte finish, you could also brush on a coat of Valeijo Matte Varnish... that way you could paint just the surfaces that show,a nd not clog up joints and such like a spray would...