Custom Acrylic Flight Displays

Fred_Scuttle

I just ordered a couple of these myself. I've seen them here on MW before and always thought they were much better than the Yamie Valk stands. Glad I can finally get some for myself.

From the front page of HLJ:

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?Maker1=LFT&am...e=Fig&Dis=2

Looks cool!

I was waiting for some to spot that! :) We sent HLJ some stands last month to test the international market. It is cheaper to buy from us if you are in the US (www.LAFtoys.com), but for all you long distance international fans who buy model kits or yamato toys on a regular basis from HLJ, it will be cheaper to order from them.

Edited by Los

I was waiting for some to spot that! :) We sent HLJ some stands last month to test the international market. It is cheaper to buy from us if you are in the US (www.LAFtoys.com), but for all you long distance international fans who buy model kits or yamato toys on a regular basis from HLJ, it will be cheaper to order from them.

Yeah, I bought a bunch from you in the fall. They're pretty good, although I stripped one of the sockets. But still, assembling 12 out of 13 correctly isn't too bad.

Yeah you really need all the different lengths of rods to catch that "impossible" pose

from your minds eye. And i MUST say it is damn fun trying to do that!!!! :lol:

I have only one, and i tell ya i find it bloody hard to get the poses i want

with just 3 same sized rods! >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Recieved six (two of each length) of these from Los a couple of weeks ago and I have to say they are great!

The Yamato stand pales in comparison with the Flexistands.

I wonder why HLJ doesn't offer the shortest version though?

Now all I need is the VF-0A Shin/Ghost for a nice in-flight display and the SV-51 to pose in Gerwalk like it's hovering over the carrier deck. :rolleyes:^_^

I wonder why HLJ doesn't offer the shortest version though?

HLJ did want any right now but if you guys ask for them, they will ask us to send them some. BTW if you want your local hobby shop or toy retailer to carry these, just send them our way. :)

Can those stand display a standing battroid?

<cough>Link <cough>

Also, I'm sure there's a bunch of pics of the flexi's in battroid action in the "Strike a Pose," "Display Your Collections"(?), and "1/48, 1/60.......Gallery"(?) threads.

Hell, do not disturb once posted a pic of a Valk doing a mid-air flip-kick, using the flexi's.

Since we took over the manufacturing of the stands we have not brought back the round base for the same reasons that Roy's Blues mentioned.

So if you are looking for the round base now you may have to look the the For Sale Thread.

Anyone wanting to buy stands this week, make sure you use the YEAR1 Coupon Code at check out for 10% off. BTW we also give away a free stand with every valk purchase. :)

Edited by Los

I love my round bases, though! As long as you don;t do anything crazy with them, they look really nice for displaying the smaller pieces of your collection.

Also I wondered if it might be possible to make/sell a "rod pack" with a few different sizes or sell the rods individually at the source so people could only have a base or two and still get the poses they want?

Edited by Phren

We are looking at possibly sell parts but probably won't happen this year...but yeah mix and matching rods is fun. Check this out...

IPB Image

Also took this today to show off the 6' stand...

IPB Image

Edited by Los

There was some talk of replacing the black rubber tips with clear ones....Is this still being considered? Would it be difficult to use the same material already being used for the anti-slip "grips" on the underside of the base?

Check this out...

IPB Image

Nice work on the VF-0S Gerwalk pose. <copy>I may have to borrow that Roy pose from you. <paste> ^_^;)

There was some talk of replacing the black rubber tips with clear ones....Is this still being considered? Would it be difficult to use the same material already being used for the anti-slip "grips" on the underside of the base?

Great idea!

Actually we should have an answer to that question soon...

Would it be possible to buy those seperately?

Either way clear tips are a great idea. The black

tips are noticable when under the nose cone.

I usually hide my black tips by holding the fighter up with the tips up into the intake areas, and between the gunpod and legs.

Works like a charm.

Here's a quicky few old pics (changing it all the time) of my YF-19 display, and using 3 of the same length rods,

which sucks, but i only have one so i make do.

See the intake areas provide a good source of leanage whatever you want to call it. : P Tricky but works.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Still waiting to hear back on the clear tips...will let you guys know what I find out.

Just so you know BigBadToyStore has them up for pre-order. :)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1388

Brian's Toys will also have listings up very soon.

I noticed HLJ is in need of restock, but i'm not ordering from them till they get all 3 types of lengths.

And by the sounds of it i think i should wait if there is a possibility of clear tips. ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

nah mate, just tightened the screws. :p

I added a little blue tak under the square base on the corner, just incase

a gust of wind or something sinister creates enough force to push the 19 over, :lol:

All my poses are either leaning on the walls of my cabinent, or by their

own pose without help.

My poses are pushed to the max gravity wise, then placed a little further back

so i can get that edge in drama posing. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The things we are addressing in 2007 include a lower retail price, screws in the cover plate (a more clean look) and the clear bumpers on the rods. The biggest concern is cost...how to bring down cost without ruining everthing we like about the stand. Right now we believe that we have a new design that would solve these problems but even if we went with the design today, the stands would not be ready until Fall 07. FYI we do not manufacture stands in increments of tens or hundereds, but thousands! So manufacturing time takes a few months.

For those that are waiting for a new stand, we should have something for you by the holiday season. What I can tell you is that clear bumpers are in and round bases are out (for now). More details on the look of the stand will be revealed this summer. As far as selling just parts or stands ala carte of the current model, we will look more seriously into this after our move to Dallas this month.

the clear rubber tips/bumpers is a great idea but just wondering, will the clear rubber/silicon yellow with time?

Just wondering because Ive experienced yellowing on my old ipod's clear silicon casing.

Edited by aaajin