Ps2 Battelcry Tournament Ax2006

the SoCal 241st Robotech Fan Group would like to envite you guys to a Compete in a friendly Battelcry Tournament.

flier.jpg

one thing we all have in common is our love for Valkyrie. :)

Hope to see Some of you there !

Why the PS2 version and not the superior GC or XBox version?

411505[/snapback]

I guess its the console most of our Pilots are used to playing with.

this year I asked which system people would prefer and again the PS2 was favored.

see thread...

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...6077&forumid=16

to be honest I wish Macross DYRL had a vs mode. :ph34r:

Edited by Razor x

to be honest I wish  Macross DYRL had a vs mode. :ph34r:

412317[/snapback]

Oh god yes. >.< Why is it that whenever a fandom gets a really great game... it can't be perfect? I see it waaaay too often for comfort.

It would've been the first versus-enabled game with teh VF-4, too... T_T

OH man if they would just make a Macross Game with the same Game Options as Virtual on Marz I would be in Heaven!!!! you can have up to 2vs2 in this game!

http://www.vo-marz.com/site/index.html

oh well we can dream, maybe someone will get it right for us Pioneers!

Edited by Razor x

2006 Battelcry Tournament Recap!!!

First of all, on behalf of Lanzatech, I'd like to thank all the pilots who came out to battle. The Tournament staff worked hard to put this on for us fans and gaming enthusiasts, but the event couldn't have gone forth without your participation! So many thanks to the 20 entrants plus all the guest spectators who came out. Hope you all had as much fun as we did.

The Tournament went very smoothly. Everyone was very good spirited, had very admiral sportsmanship and gaming skills, while some even had great singing talent (Stagefright... go awaaaaaay! ).

I will be posting a "Round by Round" result of all the pilots and how each round was completed a bit later after a create a good html file to post (too long to do it here). We had 3 rounds and a SemiFinal to come up with our Final 2 Challengers..... So without much ado, here are the results for the Top Ace Pilots for the 2nd Annual Robotech Battlecry Tournament!!! =

After 3 rounds, it came down to 3 brand new competitors that made it to the Semi-Finals: Illusive, Max Jenius, and Skyros, and only 1 Battlecry vet- our 2nd place winner from last year, McHenry! (Our other vets RaZor X, Jasonc, and Hibiki54 were out in the early rounds ). After losing his chance for the top 2 positions, McHenry still battled it out to newcomer Illusive to fight for 3rd place. It was quite a show! McHenry said he was shaking after that event. Illusive gave the vet quite a run!

Then it came down to bring up the Final 2 competitors to challenge for the Top Ace Pilot Title. Ironically, one was nicknamed Max Jenius, while the other was a hardcore cosplayer as Max Sterling. BOTH chose blue-colored YF-1Rs to compete in. So indeed, it was the battle of the "MAX's"!!!! And what a battle it was! Most RT fans agree that Max Sterling truly was the best Veritech Pilot of the series, and it was proven at the Tournament!!! The final battle was a "first player to 5 wins, no time limit" event. It was not an easy challenge at all for either pilots as both went round and round, toe-to-toe. The score at one point went to 4-2, with only one more win for Skyros to take the Win. However, young Max Jenius came back from behind to bring the score back up to 4-4, so both had the shot to take the 5th kill and take the win. OH YEAH, it was such an awesome battle to the end! The life levels for both pilots were evenly matched on low, we were all biting nails and on edge. These two gave the spectators quite a show. Toe-to-Toe... face to face...capping rounds into each other to the very end. Ulitimately, Skyros takes the win against his very worthy opponent Max Jenius.

So the Final Results:

1st Place: SKYROS (Max Sterling Cosplayer)

2nd Place: MAX JENIUS (real name Dean)

3rd Place: SHADOW WOLFE/aka McHENRY

There are some very important things to point out about the prizes that were presented. McHenry and his friend, Don, took alot of time and labor-of-love to custom build the kick-ass trophies that were presented. Lanzatech, aka RaZoR X + Valk22, drew the one-of-a-kind poster that helped promote the event while on display at the RT booth (in fact, that's how winner Skyros heard about the Tournament...See! Advertisement works ), and last but not least, Tommy Yune donated a never before released original artwork of Kiyora, the Ace Quadrono pilot from the Battlecry game story. Tommy autographed the exclusive framed piece for the Top "Max". All these prizes made the Title for the Top Ace Pilot much more than bragging rights.

Pictures are on their way...

Max Genisis (Dean) glad you had fun! Welcome back to the forum and keep in touch here, kay? Skyros, I hope you come to post here and say hello. If anyone recalls his real name, please post. I wish I had taken everyone's email during registration to say thanks and send pics. Well... until next year... keep up those skills and maybe you can be the next Ace!

congrats dean. Nah, a bunch of us was helping out at the Anime Punch booth selling stuff. Eternl D was selling his Low Viz there too! ;):D:p:lol:

Hello, This is Allie (the Miriya cosplayer from AX06) and 'Skyros', aka Mike, will be signing up soon- or I'll make him.

I just wanted to say thank you guys for a fun time. We were excited to see so many fans like us there and to be able to take place in the tournament.

There were so many good players it was fun watching all the matches.

The poster was awesome. The drawing for it was good and well put together ^_^

The art for Robotech (the picture of Kiyora) was such an honor to recieve. We really want to show our appreciation for the picture for it must have been hard to part with, athough I'm sure he has another one hidden in his house somewhere. ^.-.

Thank you again and we hope to see you guys next year, or even some of you guys at the small Anime gathering happening in Sacramento the Saturday/Sunday approaching. I don't really have much information on that one but I'm sure information on it will not be to hard to find. ^_^

-Allie

Hello, This is Allie (the Miriya cosplayer from AX06) and 'Skyros', aka Mike, will be signing up soon- or I'll make him.

I just wanted to say thank you guys for a fun time.  We were excited to see so many fans like us there and to be able to take place in the tournament. 

The art for Robotech (the picture of Kiyora) was such an honor to recieve. We really want to show our appreciation for the picture for it must have been hard to part with, athough I'm sure he has another one hidden in his house somewhere. ^.-.

Thank you again and we hope to see you guys next year, or even some of you guys at the small Anime gathering happening in Sacramento the Saturday/Sunday approaching. I don't really have much information on that one but I'm sure information on it will not be to hard to  find. ^_^

-Allie

413952[/snapback]

Yeah ya guys had some nice cosplays Im currently working on a Max DYRL havent started yet but I wanna get it done before Haloween.

You guys were quiet the couple B)) .

Too bad I cant attend that Anime gathering in Sacramento, it aint local.

yah wow.. congrats!!! musta been a real cool showdown in the end... makes me wanna fire up my gamecube version and find some people to play... haha...

Sure was, it was such a close one.

I managed to get a free soda for killing someone in the first 6 seconds of the round.

He had skill though, Im really looking foward to next years tournament. I will be in training for that and I hope to battle Skyros again he was a challenge.

congrats dean. Nah, a bunch of us was helping out at the Anime Punch booth selling stuff. Eternl D was selling his Low Viz there too! wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Oh I think I saw you guys but I was mostly on the other side I forgot to bring some money :p . Were ya guys selling the VF-0S Yamato?

Edited by Dean

heres my link to my pics and short Video...enjoy!

Check out 'Kiyora' aka Allie and 'Skyros', aka Mike don't they look AWESOME!!!

tourny6.jpg

GO HERE!!

RaZoR X Blog

cant wait to see you all again!!!

RaZoR X ...OuT!

Edited by Razor x

I just wanted to say thank you guys for a fun time.  We were excited to see so many fans like us there and to be able to take place in the tournament. 

Thank you again and we hope to see you guys next year, or even some of you guys at the small Anime gathering happening in Sacramento the Saturday/Sunday approaching. I don't really have much information on that one but I'm sure information on it will not be to hard to  find. ^_^

-Allie

413952[/snapback]

Yeah ya guys had some nice cosplays Im currently working on a Max DYRL havent started yet but I wanna get it done before Haloween.

yah wow.. congrats!!! musta been a real cool showdown in the end... makes me wanna fire up my gamecube version and find some people to play... haha...

I managed to get a free soda for killing someone in the first 6 seconds of the round.

He had skill though, Im really looking foward to next years tournament. I will be in training for that and I hope to battle Skyros again he was a challenge.

congrats dean. Nah, a bunch of us was helping out at the Anime Punch booth selling stuff. Eternl D was selling his Low Viz there too! wink.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

Oh I think I saw you guys but I was mostly on the other side I forgot to bring some money :p . Were ya guys selling the VF-0S Yamato?

414015[/snapback]

nope, all we had was the low viz for sale. Low viz as in the first low viz, not the new camo version. AP booth was the only booth that had the first low viz for sale. And it was still sitting there at the end of the day. I'm sure you know why it was still there.... ;):D:p:lol:

heres my link to my pics and short Video...enjoy!

Check out 'Kiyora' aka Allie and 'Skyros', aka Mike don't they look AWESOME!!!

tourny6.jpg

GO HERE!!

RaZoR X Blog

cant wait to see you all again!!!

RaZoR X ...OuT!

414221[/snapback]

Omg ^_^ Lol Ty for posting that up. I've been trying to find pictures of us in our costumes and now I've foudn one! ^_^ Ty for the compliment on our costumes.

-allie

-Allie

413952[/snapback]

414015[/snapback]

nope, all we had was the low viz for sale. Low viz as in the first low viz, not the new camo version. AP booth was the only booth that had the first low viz for sale. And it was still sitting there at the end of the day. I'm sure you know why it was still there.... ;):D:p:lol:

414383[/snapback]

Yeah Im sorry I didnt see your booth. I would not have had enough money for it anyways the most I brought total was a $100.

I should have stopped by though, curse me for not reading the forums before the con <_< .

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it definitely was one hell of a tourney. Last tourney we had in September, I was #2, but this year, with no practice in almost a year, I fell short and fast. But it's great to involve more people in the tournament. Next year will be in Long Beach, so we'll be doing it again, if we can get a budgeted rec room. And I'll have to play the game again so I remember the controls. Congrats to Mike, and great to see you on the boards Allie, and as for Dean, way to come back and fight for your spot. Good times. :D

Well, it definitely was one hell of a tourney. Last tourney we had in September, I was #2, but this year, with no practice in almost a year, I fell short and fast. But it's great to involve more people in the tournament. Next year will be in Long Beach, so we'll be doing it again, if we can get a budgeted rec room. And I'll have to play the game again so I remember the controls. Congrats to Mike, and great to see you on the boards Allie, and as for Dean, way to come back and fight for your spot. Good times. :D

416943[/snapback]

Yep, good times. :) (Um..who where you Jasonc? Sorry man my memory is bad right now :( )

Flood city, I seriously hate that level. It took me a day to just beat that level for the first time. Its hard to move around so I have to practice in that level in order to prepare for next year's tournament, I'm going to take first this time. Skyros was like my rival..

I thought I was out for good, McHenry has skills so I guessed he knew more about that level than me.

JasonC was the guy with the stop watch behind the projector ( I still have the watch so let me know who it belongs to.)

hmmmm looks like next years tourny will be a little Different.

A.C.E. 2 looks like the new VS Valkyrie Simulator on the block!!!

ace2.jpg

once we have this new game in hand we will test it out and see how well the VS mode works out.

oh! and only Macross Mecha will be used for our tourny B))

sorry Mods :unsure:this will be my last post here.

I will start a new tournament thread for AX2007 in the GAMES section of this fourm after the Tournament committee has determined which Game will be used.

thank you for not deleting this RoBlowtech tourny thread :D

RaZoR X...OuT!

Edited by Razor x