Gundam Figure Thread

I haven't really collected any Gundam figures even though I've liked the series since my introduction to it. After playing Dynasty Warriors: Gundam recently, I got the itch to buy figures. Granted, I used to have a few of those cheapy snap together model kits a few years back, but those are long gone and broken. I asked my ex-roommate from college what line he collected and was directed to the HCMP and EMSiA. I made a few orders online and will hopefully have a few of my favorites in hand shortly (including 4 figures that I will keep silent about until I actually have them in hand). So, without further adieu, I present the first figure in my Gundam collection, Protoman High Mobility Gelgoog.

post-7532-1231965267_thumb.jpg

post-7532-1231965275_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zx31

Thanks for the pics... I grabbed the real-type production Zaku... I plan on adding some paintwork, and maybe basic leg articulation so it can look at home terrorizing my 1/35th scale tanks. Can you snap some close ups by chance? I'm especially curious about the hands... are they just hinged, or really articulated like some product subscriptions suggest?

Unfortunately am travelling at the moment so can't take pics, but the hands are neither hinged nor articulated. They're fixed pose.

The Jumbo Grades are basically PVC statues, with little more articulation then the Jumbo Machinders their moniker references. But, like yellowlightman, I don't play with my toys, so these are also easily my favorite Gundam line.

All the pics of the Gundam I've seen have articulated hands like a PG...

Good sculpting, and good detail. But non-functional. They're no more articulated then FIX Figuration hands. There are several fixed-pose hands that are swappable for different poses. Open/splayed fingers, fist, holding gun, etc.

Okay, had to go back home for some other stuff this weekend, and got to meet my Jumbo Zaku... this thing is amazing! I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to enhance the elbow articulation, but otherwise it really doesn't need anything... the legs are straight, but the swivel at the 'hips' so you can splay the feet, and it looks amazing. The paint work is great, except for some kind of glue funk on one of the front skirt bits. I will most likely add some detailing and weathering so it can sit next to my 1/35 tanks, but honestly, Bandai did a fantastic job keeping this from looking like a gaudy vinyl jumbo. I am in love, and now debating getting a Gundam, even tho I don't have any room for it :lol:!!

Edit: I snuffed my lust for the Gundam Jumbo by buying the Metal FF G3... anyone got the Metal FF figs?

Edited by promethuem5

Well one more as a family pic, plus some 00 and The Origin pics :) :

Where's that Origin Gundam from? It looks very MSIA-y and I didn't know they made Origin MSIAs. I love the Origin (re)designs, ESPECIALLY the very Kerberos-esq Zaku II.

Vostok 7

F-ZeroOne :

I really wish but no.

Vostok 7 :

It was a limited release in from late 2002 to early 2003, its MSIA type figure but more solid than average MSIA and I also prefer the design over the Anime version.

Yes the Zaku`s were also produced, you can check the following links :

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913933

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913405

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913937

Vostok 7 :

It was a limited release in from late 2002 to early 2003, its MSIA type figure but more solid than average MSIA and I also prefer the design over the Anime version.

Yes the Zaku`s were also produced, you can check the following links :

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913933

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913405

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN913937

OK, cool, I thought that's what it was but I wasn't sure. I saw those ages ago (still kicking myself for not picking up the CF Zaku when you could) but wasn't sure about the quality or how they compared to other Gundam product. I'll have to keep on the lookout for one of the CF Zakus now :D

Vostok 7

Some FIX figures announced:

GFFN:

------- GAT-X105+AQM/E-X01 Aile Strike Gundam (?/2009)

Limited Metal Composite:

------- MRX-009 Psyco Gundam (Hong Kong Night Ver.) (3/2009)

TAMASHII NATION 2009 –- ???? units -- Same as Psyco Gundam, but in a black plating color; Limited edition release sold exclusively at Tamashii Nation 2009 (March 26-29) in Akiba Square, Akihabara, Japan.

That's what the info said when it was first announced.

Will have to wait until either closer to its release in March or after it's been released to see just how much and where the metal content is.

Just got my GFFMC G3 set in the mail... I've gotta go to class, so I can't unpack it yet, but I did a quick sweep of the package (my mom took the set out of the box and repacked it to send to me to save bc/ apparently the box is huge) but when I checked the Gundam itself real quick, I heard ratcheting, so I'm excited. Initial view of the accessories on the backing and a quick look at the figure looks fantastic... detailed finished, and a great sculpt. Maybe I'll take some photos of the set once I've gotten to know it.

• 4 weeks later...

New Damashii info:

R-022 <SIDE MS> GN-000 0 Gundam - Gundam 00 - (5/2009)

R-023 <SIDE MS> GNZ-003 Gadessa (Healing Care’s Custom) - Gundam 00 - (5/2009)

R-024 <SIDE LFO> Nirvash Type ZERO spec 2 - Eureka 7 - (6/2009)

R-025 <SIDE MS> XM-X1 Crossbone Gundam X-1 - Crossbone Gundam - (6/2009)

R-026 <SIDE MS> XM-X2 Crossbone Gundam X-1 - Crossbone Gundam - (7/2009)

R-027 <SIDE MS> ???? (?/2009)

R-028 <SIDE KMF> ???? (?/2009)

It is encouraging that this line is stretching into many series with 00, ∀, a tease of 0083 and now Crossbone.

With Crossbone's smaller size, will it also open the door to Victory suits?

Full list in siggy. ;)