Custom landmates

physioguy

Looking good. What scale is that? Just wondering if the Yamato Duenan figure's the same scale.

The lastest Shirow products btw: exo, I would get the 40 dollar galgrease 1rst series posterbook set. Highly worth it.

http://www.geocities.com/impul_fuchikoma_9.../galgrease.html

http://www.geocities.com/impul_fuchikoma_99/cards.html

Drew

Thanks to all for the kind words. it's a lot smaller than the yamato one, as deunan is only about 3 inches tall in my version.

I'm bored with toys right now since yamato has slowed down a bit, and the MPPrime is out in December. So my latest project is a complete line of gashapon sized landmates, cyborgs and characters from appleseed.

My old MW name was briareos, so i guess i see who's got it now... briareos.

Did Shirow say that they were based on Destroids? I always thought they were pretty unique, with master and slave arms.

Ah, I see what you mean now, you totally made those things from exosquad toys. Wow, NICE!

Nope. Absolutely not. They really don't bear any resemblence to each other, anyway, whether you're talking aesthetics, size, or the ways in which they are intended to be used.

Landmates were always a fairly unique creation of Shirow, and while the concept is pretty common these days, they were a pretty fresh idea when Appleseed was first released (way back in the 80's). Sure you had powered suits like that around at the time, but Shirow really fleshed them out as far as how they were used in his world, how they worked, etc - lots of little nitpicky details that even the Comic Book Guy couldn't find too many holes in. He was and still is a stickler for little details and practicality in his designs, and never seems to suffer from the "because it's cool to have robots in there" syndrome so many other works about mecha subcribe to - all of his mechanical designs were created with a practical use in mind and stayed faithful to that.

Appleseed was always my first introduction to Shirow's work, and still the best IMHO. I just wish he'd get around to doing book 5 already ... :angry:

Thanks to all for the kind words. it's a lot smaller than the yamato one, as deunan is only about 3 inches tall in my version.

I'm bored with toys right now since yamato has slowed down a bit, and the MPPrime is out in December. So my latest project is a complete line of gashapon sized landmates, cyborgs and characters from appleseed.

My old MW name was briareos, so i guess i see who's got it now... briareos.

Well er.. My last handle on the old forum was Briareos with a capital B. And I had joined in the first month of MW's inception. We both were "briareos" on the old forums. Nice huh? :)

Drew

Looking good. What scale is that? Just wondering if the Yamato Duenan figure's the same scale.

The lastest Shirow products btw: exo, I would get the 40 dollar galgrease 1rst series posterbook set. Highly worth it.

http://www.geocities.com/impul_fuchikoma_9.../galgrease.html

http://www.geocities.com/impul_fuchikoma_99/cards.html

Drew

I would love these, but Yamato, SOCs and the new Transformers Alternators/MPC Prime pretty much have a grip on my wallet. I did manage to get Ballistics though.

physioguy:

I'm bored with toys right now since yamato has slowed down a bit

:o I'm still trying to catch up...

Monkey N has that nice M-66 kit on his auction too, can be built as an action figure.

sigh... :(

Appleseed is one of my favorites as well. Shirow has always been an inspiration to me as an artist. Does anyone draw better looking females than him? Not IMHO As for Appleseed 05, I think he is busy with Ghost in the Shell ( the manga being done, I wonder about his involment with GitS:SAC and GitS innocence)

BTW nice work Physioguy. Why not try making one the huge tanks with the spider legs :p (I forget the name)

If you havn't seen GitS SAC, find it DL it and sit in awe. I love Macross, but GitS is the best thing since sliced bread. :D

As for Appleseed 05, I think he is busy with Ghost in the Shell ( the manga being done, I wonder about his involment with GitS:SAC and GitS innocence)

:blink:

Book 4 was released in 1988 fer cryin' out loud. I can understand if the guy has a busy schedule, but c'mon! No one's that busy. I want to know what happened with Deunan and Bri going to Poseidon already!!! :angry:

From what I remember, he's always said he plans on going back to finish Appleseed one day, and still considers it his life's work. It's just a matter of when he's ready to do it. I just hope I don't need bifocals to read it by the time it comes out ...

From what I remember, he's always said he plans on going back to finish Appleseed one day, and still considers it his life's work. It's just a matter of when he's ready to do it. I just hope I don't need bifocals to read it by the time it comes out ...

And hopefully it won't be an overdone CG splooge fest.

Would be interesting though, Appleseed to be is his precise black and white drawings from the 80's. Seeing Deunan & Co. in his current CG style might be... weird.