Any MWers in the London area?

I live about 70 miles north of london but its about a 3 hour car trip with how traffic gets at the M11 near heathrow. If you get the time head to the bovington tank museum they have the only running Tiger 1 tank in the world there. Check out the victory in pourtsmouth too. there is alot to do around there and the southern end of the island. Id come meet you but im in the middile of prepping for a deployment <_<

I used to live in earl's court a number of years back managing a youth hostel. Have you hit camden market yet? Keep your eyes out for a matsushiro vf-1j for me while your out there ;) . Oh yeah... violator valk ves.2 is going to be much better than ves.1... I already have a number of evil plans :rolleyes:

The only place I can think of in London that sells macross gear is Comet Miniatures on Lavender Hill road in Battersea.  From what I remember they have some of the Imai and Ari model kits, some Wave stuff and quite a few toys.  I hope thats some help.

330269[/snapback]

Yeah, they have lots of stuff there. I used to go there all the time while I was working in Battersea about six years ago. There are two blokes who run that shop, a balding guy and a guy with a tache. The bald one was cool but the other guy was always a bit of a bastard. He seems to hate Macross and when I told him Yamato and Toycom were making new valk toys he laughed in my face. Regardless, he kept trying to sell me this bloody overpriced Orguss/Macross model kit book.

Man, sweet memories. I'm planning to go back for Christmas, so I'll see what they've got there in the way of old-school merchandise. I bet you that book will still be there. Honestly they've got stuff they haven't been able to get rid of since the time of the original broadcasts, I'm surprised how they ever managed to remain afloat.

There is a comic shop just off the end of tottenham court road ( Center point end ) its on the edge of Charringcross Road The place is called Orbital Comics if you stand with center points fountain behind you its left from there just accoss the side road (Andrew Bordes) and onto the street on the same side its sign posted and is in the basement. Nice guys who own it very knowledgeable. they have Transformers and Gundam and of cause Macross and tonnes of comics. Prices can be a bit high (maybe Im used to paying Japan prices) but they will get anything you want. They have buyers in Japan. Lots of there stock comes from Mandrake. Worth a look if your in that area.

The only place I can think of in London that sells macross gear is Comet Miniatures on Lavender Hill road in Battersea.  From what I remember they have some of the Imai and Ari model kits, some Wave stuff and quite a few toys.  I hope thats some help.

330269[/snapback]

Yeah, they have lots of stuff there. I used to go there all the time while I was working in Battersea about six years ago. There are two blokes who run that shop, a balding guy and a guy with a tache. The bald one was cool but the other guy was always a bit of a bastard. He seems to hate Macross and when I told him Yamato and Toycom were making new valk toys he laughed in my face. Regardless, he kept trying to sell me this bloody overpriced Orguss/Macross model kit book.

Man, sweet memories. I'm planning to go back for Christmas, so I'll see what they've got there in the way of old-school merchandise. I bet you that book will still be there. Honestly they've got stuff they haven't been able to get rid of since the time of the original broadcasts, I'm surprised how they ever managed to remain afloat.

331405[/snapback]

Man Ive have been going through Battersea every day for the last two weeks while working in London Maybe I should take a detour and have a look. Should i reserve that book for you :p

• 2 weeks later...
The only place I can think of in London that sells macross gear is Comet Miniatures on Lavender Hill road in Battersea. From what I remember they have some of the Imai and Ari model kits, some Wave stuff and quite a few toys. I hope thats some help.

330269[/snapback]

331405[/snapback]

Man Ive have been going through Battersea every day for the last two weeks while working in London Maybe I should take a detour and have a look. Should i reserve that book for you :p

332049[/snapback]

[/quote

Lemme know if he still has any 1/48 valks