The Trailer for Batman Begins is OUT!

Anubis

While we're on the subject of Batman.

Did you guys know that Yamato released a line of Batman figures overseas?

Is anyone on the MW Forums gonna get these? That Batman sculpt kicks ass. B)):p

So does Harley...

Sweet. I've love to get some of those. Haven't collected Batman figures in a long time.

On another note watched Batman: Dead End last night. Surprisingly it was pretty good though Aliens and Preds showing up kinda threw me a bit.

That's what was such a good surprize, all of that was out of nowhere, and pretty well done. The last shot was great.

Sweet. I've love to get some of those. Haven't collected Batman figures in a long time.

On another note watched Batman: Dead End last night. Surprisingly it was pretty good though Aliens and Preds showing up kinda threw me a bit.

That's what was such a good surprize, all of that was out of nowhere, and pretty well done. The last shot was great.

My favorite is the puddle scene. Classic Batman imagery.

they should have done "the Dark Knight Returns". that book kicks so much ass. the should also a a Kingdom Come movie. that book is freaking awesome.

They wanted to translate Year one to movie. And I heard Frank Miller even translated his Year-One story to script but in the end, they went with their current idea.

Miller teamed up with Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem For A Dream) and worked up the Year One pitch and script... but ultimately the studio went with Nolan - who's also very, very good.

But now, Ain't It Cool News is saying that Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez (Desperado, Spy Kids) are working together on a Sin City movie... now that could be totally kick ass.

The fact that Miller has even agreed to it, after swearing for years that he'd never, ever let SC be turned into a movie.

If there was ever a comic book that Agent ONE would love, 'twould be Sin City. Go get the first graphic novel and take in the glory that is Marv.

...If there was ever a comic book that Agent ONE would love, 'twould be Sin City. Go get the first graphic novel and take in the glory that is Marv.

Huh, what? Lots of the old untra-violence? Real horror-show? :)

...If there was ever a comic book that Agent ONE would love, 'twould be Sin City.  Go get the first graphic novel and take in the glory that is Marv.

Plenty of ultra-violence, Alex. ;)

Mainly (the first GN, Sin City) is all about a big tough bastard named Marv who gets double crossed, then goes around killing people in the rain and darkness after meeting the perfect woman, a stripper.

F'ing beautiful, man.

Here it is on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846]Sin City[/url].

The art is incredible, it's brutal and glorious. Very A1.

If you dig it, Check out the other SC books... That Yellow Bastard is a personal fave.

batman dead end was good a few things: batmans costume design (leather is cooler than plastic anyday), jokers costume design, and the batman/joker confrontation. beautiful, genious, worthy of a big screen adaptation.

batman dead end is LAME for a few reasons. aliens and predator. omg wtf why is there aliens and predators fighting bat man!! bring back joker, it was going SO WELL!!!

it makes the thing just WAY WAY too "lunatic fans wet dream" and in my opinion kinda hurts the credibility of the thing..

:blink: why not just throw captin kirk and luke skywalker in there as batmans side kicks and take on the terminator and robocop as well. then they could make out with the sailor scouts and ride away with goku on some dragons. :blink:

as for this movie comeing out, there's been so many bad ones that its real hard to get excited, but i'm gonna give them the benifit of the doubt. i'm a little worried that the guy they picked is a tad "pretty boy" and wont' fit in the cowl very well. but hopefully they know what their doing.

The first batman vs predator mini-series was badass.

The first batman vs predator mini-series was badass.

but was it batman vs predator vs aliens vs joker?

i'm totally cool with one on ones. they can be gimicky sometimes [cough] batman vs spawn [/cough] but for the most part they're intresting.

but when you stick too much stuff togeather, they just clash, and thats what i feel dead end does.

Edited by KingNor

Well, the thing about Dead End that you have to understand, KingNor - is that it's not a story, much less a Batman story.

Some guys did it all by themselves to use as a resume for their camera, costume, and effects work. There's no real plot... I'm sure they threw in Aliens, etc to show off what they can do.

The side effect is that their Batman footage was universally praised by comic fans everywhere... they nailed the look completely.

Critiquing the appearance of Aliens in Dead End is sorta like questioning why do I need my past work experience on my resume... it's there to help you land gigs.

...If there was ever a comic book that Agent ONE would love, 'twould be Sin City.  Go get the first graphic novel and take in the glory that is Marv.

Mainly (the first GN, Sin City) is all about a big tough bastard named Marv who gets double crossed, then goes around killing people in the rain and darkness after meeting the perfect woman, a stripper.

F'ing beautiful, man.

Here it is on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=books&n=507846]Sin City[/url].

If you dig it, Check out the other SC books... That Yellow Bastard is a personal fave.

Wow, thanks for that... I am going to have to check those out.

Well, the thing about Dead End that you have to understand, KingNor - is that it's not a story, much less a Batman story.

Some guys did it all by themselves to use as a resume for their camera, costume, and effects work. There's no real plot... I'm sure they threw in Aliens, etc to show off what they can do.

The side effect is that their Batman footage was universally praised by comic fans everywhere... they nailed the look completely.

Critiquing the appearance of Aliens in Dead End is sorta like questioning why do I need my past work experience on my resume... it's there to help you land gigs.

That debutted at the SDCon. Everyone was going nuts when they screened it. I had to run out because I was afraid it was going to turn into the world's biggest circle jerk.

Not a big fan of Robert Rodriguez but I guess he impressed FM with whatever short he shot to get him to be a co-director/collaborator. Hope it turns out well. I have the same problem with RR as I do with Tim Burton, where they prefer the look of a set more than a live action look.

:blink:  why not just throw captin kirk and luke skywalker in there as batmans side kicks and take on the terminator and robocop as well.  then they could make out with the sailor scouts and ride away with goku on some dragons. :blink:

Lol...you know...that doesn't sound like it's too bad of a story..... :p

Edited by Oihan

Some guys did it all by themselves to use as a resume for their camera, costume, and effects work.  There's no real plot... I'm sure they threw in Aliens, etc to show off what they can do.

That debutted at the SDCon. Everyone was going nuts when they screened it. I had to run out because I was afraid it was going to turn into the world's biggest circle jerk.

Not a big fan of Robert Rodriguez but I guess he impressed FM with whatever short he shot to get him to be a co-director/collaborator. Hope it turns out well. I have the same problem with RR as I do with Tim Burton, where they prefer the look of a set more than a live action look.

Set vs a Live Action look? May I ask what the difference is?

:blink:   why not just throw captin kirk and luke skywalker in there as batmans side kicks and take on the terminator and robocop as well.  then they could make out with the sailor scouts and ride away with goku on some dragons. :blink:

Lol...you know...that doesn't sound like it's too bad of a story..... :p

[anoying game show host] I'll buy THAT for a DOLLAR!!! [/anoying game show host]

F'ing beautiful, man.

Wow, thanks for that... I am going to have to check those out.

The Big Fat Kill and a Dame to Kill For are kick ass. A dame to kill for comes first, when Dwight Kills an ex girlfriends rich husband, then finds out she set him up. the Big Fat Kill was about Dwight and a bunch of Old Town hookers killing a dirty cop and trying to get rid of the evidence. awesome stuff.

300 also needs to get made into a movie.

Hail Leonidas!!!

:ph34r:

While we're on the subject of Batman.

Did you guys know that Yamato released a line of Batman figures overseas?

Is anyone on the MW Forums gonna get these? That Batman sculpt kicks ass. B)):p

they are making Hush action figures as well. complete with a scortching hot Huntress action figure....

...they need to make more Birds of Prey action figures. for those who don't read it, its an awesome book. way better than that crap show that was on.

the Huntress...

Plus....

Dark Knight Returns Figures

Some guys did it all by themselves to use as a resume for their camera, costume, and effects work.  There's no real plot... I'm sure they threw in Aliens, etc to show off what they can do.

Same here... I love RR... but only sometimes... He really does his best work when he keeps it simple. I only hope none of his campy humor comes into play. I don't want laughs with Sin City.

I'm guessing his "set look" for Sin City probably has a lot to do with using the camera to acheive a visual that pulls off the stark black and white of Sin City. Rodriguez has gotten heavily into doing his own effects (hell, he does everything from hold the camera to compose score) and I'm guessing that he's come up with a way to make it look like the comic.

As long as Frank's on board... I'm in. Rodriguez even claimed that Miller was going to be his co-director... I'm not sure how literal to take that.

I liked "Intimidation Game". I used Imtimidation because that was what IMBD had on there.

"Intimidation Game" sounded fitting with Ra's Al Ghul.

"Batman Begins" sounds iffy. Not as serious.

Danny Elfman will forever be Batmans best music composer.

Agreed... but it's just so tied into Tim Burton's visuals...

I think a new composer will help the studio reinforce to audiences that this is NOT a continuation of the previous Bat-series.

Not too sure about this composer though... seems to me he's been picked because of his past work w/ Nolan than because of his memorable compositions. I like Nolan's films... but I can't remember anything exceptional about the scores in any of them. I think Superheroes movies need a "theme"... worked for Superman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc..

At least there won't be any Prince performing Bat Dance in this movie. :D

At least there won't be any Prince performing Bat Dance in this movie. :D

I remember when I first saw that video before the first Batman movie came out... I was so thinking it was going to be an hour and a half of sissy-ass lame sh!t. I'm glad they decided to can it.

Just think if they had left that Ghey pride parade Bat-Dance in there it would have been like M7. icon8.gif

That "flight gear" one looks like it belongs on Batman beyond.

Check out these new Batman figures from TAKARA, preorder is open now :

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK37569

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?TAK37570

Woah, those look real stupid... I hope the movie has nothing to do with those character designs.

Filming has begun:

from CNN:

Filming starts on new 'Batman' movie

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) --"Batman Begins" has begun.

A new movie about the origins of the Caped Crusader started filming Thursday in Iceland, with "American Psycho" actor Christian Bale starring as the shadowy vigilante who protects Gotham City from psychotic villains.

Filming will then move to London and Chicago.

The movie is directed by "Memento" filmmaker Christopher Nolan, and co-stars Michael Caine as Bruce Wayne's trusted butler, Alfred. Gary Oldman will play Lt. James Gordon, a younger version of the character most "Batman" fans know as Commissioner Gordon.

The cast also includes Katie Holmes as one of Wayne's childhood friends, Liam Neeson as Batman's mentor, Morgan Freeman as a disgruntled employee of Wayne Enterprises and "The Last Samurai" Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe as the sinister Ra's Al Ghul.

Warner Bros. is hoping to resurrect the character after 1997's "Batman & Robin" with George Clooney, which alienated many fans with its overly campy feel. The studio is a division of Time Warner, as is CNN.

"Batman Begins" is set for release in summer 2005.

Liam Neeson as Batman's mentor? This is new. As long as he doesn't call him Padawan, may be interesting. :lol: Did this Henri Ducard appear in the comic?

Edited by Anubis

• 1 month later...