Macross Roleplaying

Roy Focker

In addition to Macross World I also volunteer on www.macrossroleplay.org an online Macross message board RPG. The Administator of that site is thinking of creating other playing squadron. I thought it would be best to conduct a bit of research into what people are actually interested in.

For those interested in Roleplaying Macross (or maybe not at) all what universe, era, mecha etc interest you the most?

Not asking anyone to join I know some people think RPGs are filled with fanfic facts (I agree) but I'm trying to figure out what aspect of Macross currently invading your day dreams. I'm a big fan of retro Macross TV and DYRL? I love the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. When I'm bored I can easily street day dreaming about one flying around against hordes of Regults but I have a feeling most would rather day dream being a clone of Isamu then flying around with Roy, Hikaru and Max.

Magneto: *sigh* "why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer, Charles?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DYRL all the way! (but you knew that...) :p

Just to put out a dissenting opinion, my gamers and I prefer the post-2045 era. The wealth of background makes for a very vibrant universe, with lots of galaxy for the GM (that would be me) to create all variety of campaigns. We've all seen so much of the VF-1 and the TV-series era that the later stuff is more appealing.

DYRL(Quadlunn-Rau), M3 (Variable Glaug) and VF-X2 (VB-6 :lol: and VF-19a).

Well you might be interested to know Zero Enna, that the current campaigns of the Macross RPG Galaxies site are set in 2050. But we are looking at providing campaigns for other era's as well, hence the questing inquiry by Roy :D

As we provide the site for gamers we want to know what you want to play, in fact we have a discussion thread going at the MRG for just that purpose on our Open Discussion Board

It might be kind of interesting to run an M-Zero era game. Played long enough, it could lead right into SW1.

I wish Macross Zero had come out a bit earlier. We played a campaign following a squadron from the UN war all the way to 2050 (hitting some major time points along the way), and it would have been cool to include a Macross Zero chapter in-between the UN war and Space War I. Hmmm... maybe there's a retcon to be done here...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chaps,

I know some people from here created accounts and signed up for the MRG. Can you please check the MRG's announcement board for details on accounts and posts made in the last 3 weeks.

We had a catastrophic server crash and our providers only had backup from 3 weeks ago. We've now been moved on to a brand new server that will take daily backups so this won't be happening again thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...