Vf-17

Macrosso

Although there are a few fans who love the 17, it will always be overshadowed by the more popular designs like the 19 & 21/22 :( .

Well, if I ever win a really large prize on the lottery, I'll start my own toy company and see about getting a Macross 7 toy license from BW, so I can make some kickass large scale Mac 7 toys :lol:

Graham

Thanks for the tip on the licenses Graham.

Hey, if I win the lottery too I buy some large shares in that company you're thinking of owning ;)

Oh and I'd also love Yamato to make a 1/60 or 1/48 VF-17 toy with better landing gear and the FAST Packs first seen in Nightmarish Invasion. Oh and a Milia version as well. And while they are at it, they should throw in the optional radome and a fold booster  :lol:

I second that STRONGLY with two big thumbs up!!

Oh, and Congratulations Wabbit on your VF-17!

Welcome to the VF-17 *Rocks* Club.

Thank you, Arrowyn!

This VF-17S really stands out from the other mostly white VFs, black is beautiful! :lol:

Although there are a few fans who love the 17, it will always be overshadowed by the more popular designs like the 19 & 21/22 :( .

Well, if I ever win a really large prize on the lottery, I'll start my own toy company and see about getting a Macross 7 toy license from BW, so I can make some kickass large scale Mac 7 toys :lol:

Graham

Just imagine how bad us VF-4 fans have it!

I love the stealth valk.

BTW, Graham? why don't you get a stateside MW'er to buy it for you, have it shipped to them and then have it shipped back out to you that route? Not worth the hassle and extra postage? Just a thought.

Well, I've already got: -

Original VF-17S = 4pcs.

Original VF-17D = 5pcs.

Reissue VF-17S = 3pcs.

So that's probably enough :D , although I suppose 1 more wouldn't hurt :lol:

Graham

I really believe BanDai still hold many of the Macross licenses but

a) cannot be bothered to produce any new toy or even reissue them because it is just not profitable and

b) keep other companies from making better Macross toys and cutting a slice into the BanDai Gundam market!

So, they just spend the little money (small changes for BanDai), get the license from BigWest and sit on it. Furthermore BigWest might want to see more Macross toys to be made but cannot upset the toy giant BanDai, so are more or less forced to give them the license!

:)

I really believe BanDai still hold many of the Macross licenses but

a) cannot be bothered to produce any new toy or even reissue them because it is just not profitable and

b) keep other companies from making better Macross toys and cutting a slice into the BanDai Gundam market!

So, they just spend the little money (small changes for BanDai), get the license from BigWest and sit on it. Furthermore BigWest might want to see more Macross toys to be made but cannot upset the toy giant BanDai, so are more or less forced to give them the license!

:)

:(

Even if they don't hold a Macross 7 licence, they are obviously allowed to make PS Game VF-X toys. So, they could make the Ravens version of the 17 from there, and also the Jamming system-enabled red 17, too. In theory, that is. Though I am not sure how popular they think that design will be.. :(

isn't the VF-17D in that game the same color scheme? How will they get around that?

Actually, I wouldn't mind Bandai keeping the M7 licence if they were thinkin about making a new improved VF-17/19/22 range. Little hope of that at the moment.

Hopefully it is as Graham says, Yamato can still possibly get the licence for the afore mentioned valks but with a slightly bigger and improved scale.

I wouldn't mind adding a well sculpted VF-17 to my collection, in fact I'd want to! :lol:

I don't really like the bandai M7 valkyries, they seem overly chunky to me, and I hate the sculpt of the 19. But, for those of you who missed out on the VF-17D I can suggest that you check the Yahoo Japan auctions and use a deputy shopper. You can get some nice deals on stuff... But then again it helps if you can at least read a little bit of Japanese... :p

For example, there's a VF-17 and VF-19kai re-release going currently for $14:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b55712748

If Yamato began to do more with the VFX license, it would be so cool. Like the VF-17 *hint-hint* The VF-4 *hint-hint* The VF-5000 *hint-hint* (VF-5000 was in the special edition VFX-2 I believe).

Otherwise I'll have to invest in Graham's company if he wins the lottery... :lol: In fact if I win the lottery before Graham, then I'll start a company for getting these valks made! :p:lol: