Tekkaman Blade

Keith

Some may remember me mentioning that I was going to pick up the Tekkaman Blade set last week.

Just got it in tonight, and man was I surprised, spreak across 7 disc's, it now has both the original Japanese version, plus the english dubbed version all together, crazy. For any who may want the old technoman series, you may want to check out the set they're selling over at animaniacs. While you know me & dubs, I figured there would be some who might be interested.

oooh... should remember to use all those handy functions the MW board offers, like "search for all posts by said member".....

Anyhow... yeah, I got the HK set too, although I don't recall the english dubs... then again, I never bother to switch audio tracks :-p

If memory serves, the Twin Blood segment is not subbed... in fact, none of the extras are.

I'm still waiting to see if anybody knows whether or not the "Missing Link" or "Missing Ling"(?) segment was ever really a full-length feature film...

^_^ yo! Speaking of Tekkaman Blade guy to www.liquidanime.com and they so far have 1-38 fansubbed plus Twin Blood.

Anyways, yes the second half was dubbed.....uuuuuuh sadly. Out of the 49 episodes in total for the series, 43 episodes were dubbed in, the only set making the total hack were 6 episodes worth of footage. In the final episode I think the last 2 episodes were edited together cutting out ALOT.

I was so pissed off at Saban for doing this that I never wanna watch another saban done product ever again. However with strong determination and wanting to release a better dub, I began working on the series. I got a cast together for the first half of the series which the first episode should be out by next month.

However, Twin Blood and lil clips here and there have been done and are waiting to be released by the supports, thankfully, Saban doesn't own the rights anymore ^_^

And some more info which I forgot to add in, no american or domestic merchandise such as movies, dvd's, vhs, toys, sound tracks NOTHING was released while Saban owned the rights. They just enjoy putting crap on the air and than turn it away.

Thus it sorta makes it a free world now don't it?

Edited by Hikuro

I remember on Articnightfall they were saying the dub was not the American dub, but a different one (Australian, I think?). Anyways, I plan on picking up the five disc dubless set eventually.

Simple test, Slade US, Blade and lots of bladed weapon names unchanged International dub (what we got in Australia).

And how we whined when it was repeated multiple times in a year.... and yet now it's one of the most demanded anime series for local company Madman to release...

Haven't actually watched it yet, just took a peek at the disc's last night (had to watch MZ 23 Prt 2 first, & ROD TV vol one is scheduled for tonight), but from the few seconds I listened to of the first episode, it seemed like the same dub, though perhaps the ep isodes after 25-26 used a different one?

The only thing that scares me is that at 7 disc's, this would seem to pack in 14 episoes per disc (49 episodes each, 7 subtitled, 7 dubbed, as they use entirely different titles for each). I only checked in my rom drive, didn't actually use my DVD player, but perhaps later I'll see just how crammed onto the disc the episodes are.

I also didn't check for next ep previous, but all intro's & endings seem to be intact, with a different intro & ending for the sub & dub. This is actually the most interestingly put together HK set I've seen. I don't know what the old 5 disc sub only version was like, but this newer 7 disc version (2 gatefold's packaged together, one with 4 disc's, the other with 3 disc's) and two completely different menu's on each disc. The default appears to be the sub version's menu, while if you go to the last option titled "voices" it takes you to an option between Japanese & English. Choosing English takes you to a parallel menu specifically for the english dub.

Assuming when I start watching it, it isn't blocky as all hell, this will be one of the best mastered set's I'll have ever seen :).

BTW, animaniac's doesn't appear to know there's a difference between the older set & newer set, as I thought I was initially buying the old 5 disc set, and that's still the info that's listed for it. Looks like it even uses the same cover art. Ah, and before I forget, it also appears all the extra's are still included, further adding to the incredibly crammed content of this disc. How the hell did they do it???

Edited by Keith

in the words of Christopher Lambert, "It's a can of magic".

My friends and I in Liquid Anime did some asking around with Saban. Saban DOES own the rights but as the name of Teknoman. Apparently they didn't buy the series as a whole and only took the animation and a few names like Blue Earth and Space Knights than went and completly redid it. However they're not interested in giving up the liscenes of the series to LA :p but than again we're just ameatures who are only doing fan subs and dubs good ones too....better than that Teknoman crap.

I'm not sure how that disc set is going to work considering there are 49 Japanese episodes and only 43 English episodes. But I do believe t hat the subs are gonna get a bit funky later on.

For instance there will be a scene on 48, "Chiya! You and your brother killed Monsoon! You'll pay for that!" or "Oh no! The Tekka plants are attacking!" or "Because I'm Radam now brother, I can do what ever I feel, but becoming Radam I'm able to fight you!"......sorta screwy but I think it actually gets alot worse in translation, but I'm not sure ......I don't own the set nor do I plan too cause of my bad experinces with boots.

Ok, actually took a look at the set last night. As dissapointments never cease, it does appear that cramming 14 episodes per disc was a bit too much, even for crazy HK companies. As such, don't expect to see explosions without blockyness. Sad hting is, had "1" more disc been used (with about 10 episodes per disc), it would have come out a hell of a lot better looking.

The other odd thing is that the dub episodes don't seem to work on my Pioneer DV-525. They just stop up like no ones business. They seem to work fine on my DVD ROM & PS2, but not on my standalone player...wierd. Perhaps my player know's by now that I don't care if dubs work or not....

Other than that, it seems to be a good set, although just as I mention that animaniacs haven't noticed the change, they update their pricing & disc count listing... Hindsight sure is 20/20 though, I remembered the animation quality looking a lot better when I first saw it, though I suppose it was back when there was little anime to be found on TV, and it was still lightyears better than any other animation on tv at the time.