1/72 Strike Battroid

Toonz

I've snapped it together. My only comment is this:

If you're looking for a toy in kit form, look elsewhere. Every bit on this thing screams model, and unless you can manage to glue, it won't hold together.

That, I think, is how robot models should be done, with loads of details and NO color molding! Bandai, listen to this. You might learn something.

i know. i just thought that the respond may be faster here cos most of us frequent this section more often :)

Models in the model forum, toys in the toy forum, those are the rules and we have them for a reason. Please respect and obey them.

Posting in the wrong forum if it was an honest mistake is ok, but posting in the wrong forum just because you would like a quicker response is not acceptable.

Graham

i know. i just thought that the respond may be faster here cos most of us frequent this section more often :)

Models in the model forum, toys in the toy forum, those are the rules and we have them for a reason. Please respect and obey them.

Posting in the wrong forum if it was an honest mistake is ok, but posting in the wrong forum just because you would like a quicker response is not acceptable.

Graham

Isn´t this a model??? :blink:

er...so...is it recomended? or not so recomended?

got pic? :unsure:

It depends what you want?

The Hasegawa VF-1 Battroid models are definitely the most detailed and proportionally accurate VF-1 Battroid models ever made, light years ahead of the old Arii and Imai kits and unlike Hasegawa's Macross Fighter mode kits, they are mostly snap together.

However, unlike Bandai's Gundam kits they are not molded in the correct colors, so do require extensive painting to look good. Also, although they are fairly well articulated, the hip joints on the non-FAST pack kits are notoriously fragile and in fact Hasegawa came up with a stronger redesign of the hip joints for the FP kits.

so, if you want an accurate VF-1 Battroid model and your painting skills are up to it, you can't go wrong with a Hasegawa VF-1 battroid, especially the Super & Strike kits. However, toys these ain't so don't expect something rugged that you can play with and continuosly pose. If you want a toy buy a 1/48 or 1/55.

Graham

Graham

yup. noted. :)

Best Battroid model ever.

The snap thing is awful. Parts really don't hold toghether well.

As for painting: the battroid is molded in white and it has decals for every colored part except the exhausts -feet, backpack, strike parts- and head visor and head lasers (from a minimalistic point of view those are the only parts that you have to paint)

It comes with just one colored part: the chest.

Strike parts are molded in grey plastic if I remember well.

Conclusion: it is possible to have a toy like Hase Strike battroid with very little painting but you should have to glue it.

Best battroid version in my opinion.

If you like to display not play, go for it.

Personally, I wish I could afford a fleet of them, but then I would have to build and paint them all. :lol:

Hasegawa rocks!

Or, as I prefer to say, "Best injection-molded mecha kit in all space, time, and alternate dimensions."

I've built the non-fast pack version, I absolutely loved it. The thing is beautiful. It really changed how I looked at robot kits, and for a long time I lost interest in Gundam as a result.

Or, as I prefer to say, "Best injection-molded mecha kit in all space, time, and alternate dimensions."

I've built the non-fast pack version, I absolutely loved it. The thing is beautiful. It really changed how I looked at robot kits, and for a long time I lost interest in Gundam as a result.

That´s an opinion!! I love this model. I also made the non super or strike version

You can find a step by step article I've wrote at:

Modelersite

Just look for it in the ships/sci fi section