Wonderful Days on DVD!!!!

Gunbuster

Just letting who ever wanted to know that the Korean Anime "Wonderful Days" has been released on DVD and its English Subtitled. you can order it at yesasia

Here's the link

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-...on-anime/did-4/

My DVD is on its way...but I couldn't wait so I downloaded the first half of the movie to See what I'm going to see...Visual are Awesome!!!

Just letting who ever wanted to know that the Korean Anime "Wonderful Days" has been released on DVD and its English Subtitled. you can order it at yesasia

Here's the link

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-...on-anime/did-4/

My DVD is on its way...but I couldn't wait so I downloaded the first half of the movie to See what I'm going to see...Visual are Awesome!!!

Give us a follow-up: I want to know if the subs are worth an early import.

Very cool but... I wish my DVD player coudl play region 3 DVDs. :( Another reason to buy a region-free DVD player I guess.

If you've got a PS2 or Xbox there are probably ways to do this. Might look into those.

I'm wondering if my laptop would play them. I do have S-Video out so I could hook it up to the t.v. ;)

Hmmm. Korean anime? I can have my wife translate! (though I'm guessing there's subtitles) :D Still, perhaps this is the way for me to practice my Korean (which just about sucks due to lack of practice)

bigkid24 Posted on Sep 11 2003, 12:31 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What other good Korean anime is there? Or just good Korean movies in general? 

Korean Anime sucks. And I'm Korean.

Korean movies? Hmmm...

Joint Security Area and Shiri are good, but mainly focus on the tension between North and South Korea. That's all I'll say bc I don't want this to turn into a political thread.

What other good Korean anime is there?  Or just good Korean movies in general?

Hehehe..This can be a trick question, because most of the new and current anime is out sourced to Korea (The story/keyframes are done in Japan, but most of the animation is done in Korea), don't believe me, check the credits and you will probably see some Korean names.

about real korean anime, I do not know. I do not think there's that many..because anime has only 3% of the entertainment over there. That's why I'm so supprise about Wonderful Days. It was a major gamble because it is the biggest and most Expensive animation produced in Korea (being in the spot light). that's how I know about it. I do not know how the producers got the studio to do this, its like releasing an anime movie in theaters in the States ^^; (And we all know how these movies did).

Anyway, I'm also getting the DVD on Saturday as well and post a review of the subs. if its anything like the subs that's on the ripped movie on the net, then it's as good as any professional company can do :-)

About Korean Movie..if you can only see one Korean Movie..I highly recommend seeing "My Sassy Girl". You won't regert it!

Edited by Gunbuster

I finished watching it on Fri.

It was ok. The plot isn't anything you haven't seen before. Like Metroplolis, it's visuals are AWESOME!!!! But the plot is lacking.

The subs are pretty good. One or two lines are crappy.

The good thing about this set is the second disc. I doubt any other release will have it. Man I love the trailers to this movie......

i saw the DVD rip a few days ago.

it is a gorgeous movie to watch...on par or better then Final Fantasy the movie. it has an interesting mix of hyper-realistic backgrounds and traditionally animated characters. once you get used to it it works pretty good. i'm not one to nitpick so i didnt analyze each frame to see if there were rendering errors. to me it looked just fabulous.

the sub job was top notch. the fonts were highly legible and nothing stood out as being Engrish. everything made sense, synced nicely.. I have no complaints with the sub job overall.

the audio..should prove to be fantastic for those with a proper 5.1 setup. call me..well call me whatever but i found the korean langauage to be quite jarring and unnatural. after listening to only japanese i found the korean language to be harsher and not as pleasing. when this comes to R1 i will only watch it in the english dub as i think the characters will fit their roles better with an English VA. (actually it would be neat if it was dubbed in japanese :p)

ok so the story itself? a complete and utter disappoinment. Extremely generic and extremely predicatble. i was very interested in the opening sequence but as the movie progressed i became bored. there's not much tension, hardly any mystery, i didn't care about the supporting characters, and i didnt particularly feel connected to the lead characters either.

in a nutshell the evil overlords want to maintain control and secure their energy resources by ensuring the land is pollluted. this lends to a show that is perpetually in the dark (well cloudy with extreme overcast lol). the main character longs for a day of sunshine and blue skies so along with his ragtag band of resistance fighters they plot to overthrow the ruling body. toss in a love triangle, a betrayal of friendship (and an extremely weak one at that), a ruthless commander and you've got yourself a sub-par action/romance story.

so buy this disc as a nice show-off piece for your kick ass DVD setup and for the curiousity factor of what Koreans can do with the anime style of entertaining.