1/48 poses WITH the limited Clear Fast Packs

fansubs2000

Hi all! :lol:

I am still waiting for my clear fast packs from Shawn, and I know many of you guys have got yours already.

Have you guys taken any pictures of your Valks WITH the clear fast packs on?

I tried searching around and have only found the picture that was originally shown in the January issue of the Japanese Hobby magazine.

I am curious and want to see more, like in different poses etc..

If you guys have anything, please share.

Thank you all in advance! :D

-SAM

edit: Picture size

post-4-1088498063_thumb.jpg

Edited by fansubs2000

OK what's the deal, has no one opened their clear fast packs in order to keep them mint in box!?! :p

Will i be the only one to display them? (When i get them)

Also what's the overall census on them, do you guys feel your Valks look better with the clears on or without?

bumpty bump bump! :blink:

I guess they look okay, but I just feel like if I want covers on my packs, the opaque ones look better, and if I want to show the innards of them, leaving the covers off look better.. DOn't get me wrong, I like them and I'm glad I got them, The're just not premanently affixed to a valk..

EDIT>forgive my horrid camera and picture-taking ability

post-4-1088631533_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phren

i got one set right now with a few more on the way(thanks shawn!) and i'm kind of liking them. i wish they could've been more transparent but hey, its better than just pulling the covers off all the time. i got mine on a 1S hik in gerwalk mode since you can enjoy all the details that way...looks great! :) i'll take a pic of tonight when i get home.

I just think if all the fastpack parts were clear. That would be cool. Even better, a 1/48 clear VF-1S valk! That'd be something new. Maybe some e-hobby type exclusive! Or convention exclusive! :p:D:lol:

WOW i think they look great so far!

Thanks for posting some pics and links!

Yes Haterist. i look forward to your pics as well.

I agree Bobe, it would be cooler if the entire fast pack set was clear.

I don't know if i could hold back if they actually made an entire VF-S clear.

WOW, just the thought! :p

:rolleyes:

A clear bodied 1/48. . . .

SWEET I'm in!!!!!!!!

And that would STAY MISB C10 fresh no doubt. . . B))B))

I guess they look okay, but I just feel like if I want covers on my packs, the opaque ones look better, and if I want to show the innards of them, leaving the covers off look better.. DOn't get me wrong, I like them and I'm glad I got them, The're just not premanently affixed to a valk..

EDIT>forgive my horrid camera and picture-taking ability

I agree completely. Clear ones put on looks like a display for a museum exhibit.

Personally. I never thought they were that great to begin with. If you're going to have clear parts you might as well make the whole damn FP set clear. Props to Yamato for having such a weird product. :lol:

Personally. I never thought they were that great to begin with. If you're going to have clear parts you might as well make the whole damn FP set clear. Props to Yamato for having such a weird product.  :lol:

yeah i hear that!

they could've sold it as a complete clear strike/super FP kit(obviously not all the details) and charged the same amount as a regular FP kit. :blink::blink::blink:

Great pictures guys!

Some of you seem to like em, and others like em not so much.

I haven't got mine yet, but from the pictures i think the clear packs look super cool!

I don't know if i would want them on every one of my Valks, but at least one will be displayed for sure!

The "centerpiece" VF-1S would look mighty sick!

WHOOOOOOO!!!

i got my set way back when munkey-nugget first posted that thread.i only had a low-viz back then & no other 1/48's.funniest part is,i sold my low-viz before i got my clear set :lol: i'm saving them now for a custom vf-1s maxtype strikevalk i'm planning on doing in the next few months.i really like the fact that yamato packed these individually & not on sprues.they'd really look like crap if you had to trim & sand excess plastic from sprues.

recently i attended a bbq at user "mechamaniac's house.he had his set displayed on his vf-1j millia type.this is the coolest display of these clear parts i've seen.something about that bright red that just makes them stand out much better.kinda takes away from that "too much red" the stock pieces on that 1j seem to have too.i think i'd feel the same about the max 1j too.maybe you could post pics of that 1j andy?