Paint chipping....

promethuem5

Well, I was inspecting my brand new 1/48 Max Jenius VF-1A,a s many of you have been discussing in my other topic (or arguing with each other, there's a bit of both, lol) when I noitced a pair of paint chips on the die cast, porlly from shipping or something. One is a tiny chip on the tip of the blue half of one of the leg fins, but the other is a large chip on one of the segments of the knee flanging (behind the armor) I do indeed pln to fix it, and was wondering what to use. The blue bit isnt really a concern, but the black is. I hate die cast, adn this is why. Would a black sharpie work for the black? Or just hit it with a bit of black paint and matte finish (I use krylon for all my miniatures). If there is already a thread about this, could someone please show me where?

Thanks

Paint chipping happens with diecast. I choose to enjoy it because I believe a real valk would have chipped paint too. :lol:

Don't lose your sleep over it. Unfortunately, paint chipping is inevitable. I couldn't agree with Blaine23 more...

My Max 1A has a perfect paint job.

My Roy 1S (pre-FP) has a horrible one. Chips off badly. I was hoping for the vaporware 1/60 FP-upgrade kits to help remedy this, but we now how THEY turned out. <_<

the FP upgrade was something Yamato discarded, it was supposed to be some kind of spare part or something to put into the non Fast Pack 1/60 VF to make them Fast Pack compatible...

It looks like buying that VF-1A is making you miserable.