Just bought my first 1/48! Woohoo!

khyrox

Hi all... I stumbled upon this web site and found out about the Yamato 1/48 Valks. After seeing all the pics I broke down and ordered one! I got a 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru (TV colors) along with the DYRL Strike Armor Fastpack. Holy smokes, the toy is beautiful! I was expecting a little more die cast parts for the amount of money I paid ($200 with shipping) but I can live with it. The transformation is alot more complex than other Valkyries I've played with in the past (Bandai comes to mind) but I love all the little touches - moving flaps, integrated heat shield, etc. I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but whenever I transform it, it feels so delicate - some of the little parts pop out really easily and I'm always afraid of breaking it. But all in all, I'm really happy with it. It looks so GOOD.

(Yeah, I've been a little slow on the Macross toys side of things... I've been

spending most of my money on Transformers reissues and Alternators...)

Anyways, nice to meet you all! :)

Thanks... hehe yeah, that's what I'm afraid of...

fear teh addiction man and don't hang around here. i started off with one 1/60 VF1J for the memories. then out of nowhere, i got about 20-25 valks. i think i'm going to have to get a second job. :lol:

Even with the small details, the 1/48 is a lot more durable than it looks, as long as you don't toss it into a wall (only 1/55s can withstand such an impact). Welcome to MW BTW.

this is VERY true. I manhandle mines and it comes out alive. When transforming the trickest part is the heatshield, thatws in midtransformatioon and it feels flimsy when midtrasnformation. SO what I do is keep the head tucked under fuselage, lift chestplate at an angle, slide or push heatshield down, AND THEN move the head to robot position and fold dueselage. saves time really.

Watch out for the back hinge dont force it and be careful wit the fast packs onit.

Wow, thanks for the tips and the welcome. :)

Yup, I'm afraid I'll probably pick up some more Valks after hanging around here long enough. That's what happened to me with the Transformers G1 reissues... I started out with an Optimus Prime... now I have a whole mess of Transformers!

Wow, thanks for the tips and the welcome. :)

Yup, I'm afraid I'll probably pick up some more Valks after hanging around here long enough. That's what happened to me with the Transformers G1 reissues... I started out with an Optimus Prime... now I have a whole mess of Transformers!

thats exactly what happened with me :o

but now i have over 50 valks (1/55, 1/60, 1/48 and mpc), and a gang load of tformers

||

||

V (look at link, heheheh)

Edited by jasonkimberson

Holy moley! That's a huge collection!

I don't have room to buy two of everything so I'm usually selective about what I buy two of... but including my original G1's and various other "mecha" toys (Voltron, Gundam, etc), I think I have between one to two hundred or so... mostly loose though. Only my G1 reissues are still in the box.

I don't have room to buy two of everything so I'm usually selective about what I buy two of... but including my original G1's and various other "mecha" toys (Voltron, Gundam, etc), I think I have between one to two hundred or so... mostly loose though. Only my G1 reissues are still in the box.

you ain't lying, DAMN he got alot of TF's.

i've been staying away from them cause my wallet is scared. :p

you ain't lying, DAMN he got alot of TF's.

i've been staying away from them cause my wallet is scared. :p

macross stuff tends to burn the wallet just as much, esp if you want to buy doubles and tripples :)

Just got a low visibility 1:48. Very impressed with the level of detail and look of the thing in all modes, plus the quality is very good and it's not as delicate as I thought.

No problems so far except for an unpainted area on the outer edge of the left throttle in the cockpit. Very strange. The one on the other side is painted fully. Anyone else notice this on thiers? I'm going to throw it in the bin for recyling now.. just kidding. B))

Now bring on the 1:48 brownies!

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I got my first one for Christmas, 1/48 VF-1J as well. =D

Can't wait to get some FAST packs, and I really hope that Yamato rolls out the GBP armor.

And I also can't wait until I can afford more of them. =D

<-- Needs a job.

I'm a poor smuck so I can't aforid any of these just yet... Which sucks cause I want them transforming red & blue jets that are out right now :p . Yea I'm more into transformers my self & there cheaper too compared to this stuff holy ($*! :D