Suprised no one mentioned this...

From the 2004 Shizuoka Hobby Show:

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/figs/pictures/dscn0868.html

http://www3.hlj.com/shs/figs/pictures/dscn0869.html

Both are rather grim (and 01 is just down right freaky). Not sure if they are poseable or just statue-like. Guess if you liked the Kaiyodo 'bezerker' EVA you'll love these.

edit - these are prepainted with no release date as of yet

Edited by MrDisco

the eva-01 is nice, the eva-02 is just in a stupid pose, it wouldve been better if it was croutched over the 05 and in the process of tearing its arm off

Ditto. Unit-02 looks like some candid shot of a factory worker plucking something from an assembly line - not menacing at all.

Unit-01, however, is f'ing wicked, and will be proudly displayed with the rest of my EVA collection. B))

Based on the diecast cars in the background, these figures look pretty big. I suppose they could be 2-up prototypes though. Does anyone know how Yamato usually does their protos? Same size or bigger?

I want at least the awakened Unit-01. That thing looks wicked.

The Unit-02, meh. If she was crouched down tearing the arm off instead of already done, that might have been a different story.

Graham mentioned the BGC figures... though I can't blame you guys for not going into the toy forum anymore...

The BGC is from the 2040 series, but it looks good. Hopefully they have a motoslave in mind.