easier way!

VF-19 pilot!!!

Not to try and steal anyones thunder but the best most fool prrof way I have done panel lines, mostly on models but should work on yamatos, is using pastel chalk mixed in water with a little dish detergent added to reduce the surface tension of the water. It works great cleans VERY easy. It is also easy to remove the lines if you mess up or don't like them. The original article I got the idea from can be seen here. Aircraft Resource Center -- Chalk washes

I think I'll use that for my Hasegawa YF-19.

I haven't ever found an easier way to do panel lines. I did them that way on my SU-27 Flanker and they turned out great. Plus on the other side of the coin chalk is very cheap, dish washing liquid should be on hand :p and water is everywhere. Lets see some pics after everyone has tried it out.

A lot of modellers actually use watercolor, that's what I use. A regular brush and just brush through the panel gaps and let the paint sip through. When it dries up, it looks like a mess but.. since water color is soluable. Take a wet cloth and just wipe off all the excess watercolor paint.. Leave the panel gaps, and it looks professionally done..

I have done many complex model kits this way to great speed and ease..

I wouldn't use GOO Off or any acidic liquid that can damage plastic.. Try it and see the difference.. The only catch is that you will have to buy a lot of black watercolor paint and don't dilute with water too much, it will look faded..

hey goldenboy,

yes my cannon fodder did come with holes already to fit the fast pack. i think i may have been the one that you heard about.

personally i think it was a mistake in the manufactureing, as i have found no others like it,,,if anyone out there has one plese tell me.

anyway hope that answered you question :D

A lot of modellers actually use watercolor, that's what I use. A regular brush and just brush through the panel gaps and let the paint sip through. When it dries up, it looks like a mess but.. since water color is soluable. Take a wet cloth and just wipe off all the excess watercolor paint.. Leave the panel gaps, and it looks professionally done..

I have done many complex model kits this way to great speed and ease..

I wouldn't use GOO Off or any acidic liquid that can damage plastic.. Try it and see the difference.. The only catch is that you will have to buy a lot of black watercolor paint and don't dilute with water too much, it will look faded..

Can we have a look at this watercolor method? I'm quite interested since it sounds like it will save lots of time.