Question on this Banpresto Super/Strike Valkyrie

J Smith

Here's a link to one on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5902442372&rd=1

Does anyone know a website or even has one and can take pictures of this toy out of the box? I am thinking about buying one, but I am not sure, because I don't know what it actually looks like.

Btw, I just got my 1/48 VF-1S in today... Wow this thing is huge!!! Still MP Prime is a inch taller...

100_0392.JPG

100_0399.JPG

Edited by J Smith

Look at this site for some pics, including a detail regarding color/sticker variations:

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/vf-1_banpresto_strike.html

It doesn't have out of the box pics but this might give you an idea:

http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/vf-1_banpresto_super.html

Basically, some people hate the Banprestos, some people think they're great. A lot depends on how much you get them for. Another factor is that the earlier ones were made worse than the later ones. It seems the Strike may be the best of the lot since the Supers have more trouble keeping their armor on.

If you do a search, you'll find recommendations for overcoming some of their shortcomings, like armor falling off and loose joints.

I have a Fokker Strike 1S (DYRL colors) and I'm satisfied with it.

lastly,after getting all of them into a mode ,I leave them as alone because they are flimsy,thats why I got 4 of them(one in each mode).

One valkyrie is a standard(no armour) vf-1s with blue feet but that one lacks heatshield out of the box( doesnt matter since there are 3 heat shields that came with the others.

Another has grey dyrl/strike fastpack with blue feet and kite symbol fastpack logo.

Another one, vf-1s has grey fast pack with t.v. boosters and blue feet and kite symbol fastpack logo.

And lastly is the vf-1s with dyrl/strike dark blue boosters and a skull emblem on the fastpack and black feet.

all the banprestos come with three heads vf-1s ,vf-1a,vf-j

mine however are purely the vf-1s roy paint scheme

post-4-1086944903_thumb.jpg

Edited by geecie30

I have two of these without the FP and armour. They have good poseability with the legs and you can make some nice "crouching-with-both-arms-pointing-gun-forward" poses. (mimmicking that pose when hikaru breaks a hole in the Zentreadi scoutship of the 3 spies in the tv series.)

One of them had a loose ball joint so I had to put some blue tack right inside the part where it connects to stiffen the joint a little.

The best modes (in order of best to worst) to look at them imo are:

1. Battloid (I have mine set to holding a little Handgun (from a GI JOE style toy hehe) up next to his face like the cops do when behind a wall, with legs spread apart like he is crouching low for cover, and his other hand is supporting the base of the handgrip of the handgun. His gunpod is attached to the underside of this arm too.

2. Fighter (becuase it just looks sleek)

3. Guardian. (worst because the legs can't spread out and the shoulders scrape against the wings, limiting the amount of movement for arms.

One thing that stands out (I don't have many macross toys though) is how the shoulders in battroid mode look really natural when pushing them outwards or hunching them forwards to create a more dramatic look. When you push the arms forward as far as they reach, the shoulder will hunch inwards to compensate because they've got a little bar atachment between the upper arm and the area of the main body where the shoulder connects. (hard to explain but basically you can make him look like it's stretching back in a heroic superman pose or squeezing shoulderblades forward)

The same sort of freedom is in the upper legs (attached to thier independant bars) since they are independent of the "hips" of the mech. This means you can have half the asscheeck of the mech stretched way back and the other half of the asscheeck (sorry about the strnage terminolgy :D ) up front, as well as rotate the legs outward, bending the knee, and adjusting heels accordingly.

I think these are fun to play with provided you aren't unlucky and happen to get one with loose pieces that fall off. (my heatshield is very loose) Overall I think they strike a nice balance between poseability, playability, and look. (they look pretty good for their size if you ask me)

Now if only the guardian mode allowed the legs to rotate outwards...

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think these look great for their small size and price.

If you get them for under $10 you really can't go wrong. :) Then you don't have to worry about them breaking if you play with them or customize them because they are so cheap. ;) If I buy something from HLJ I always add a couple of these to my order because they are so cheap and small. They're definetely not top notch quality, but the price point more than makes up for it.

By the way, does anybody have any pics of customized Banprestos?

I'd love to see some, or does that belong in another thread?

Awesome thanks all for posting reviews and comments. I think I will pick up one and see for myself how they are. For the cost of them, its not that big of a deal!

Yes, there is a fly on my valkyrie. He must of snuck in the pic the 2nd I took it! My picture is ruined because that fly! Argh...