Help! What Stand should I get?!?!

J Smith

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/store/model_kits.html

Go down to Model Kit Accessories. See all those different types of stands to display your Valkyries. The clear ones. Which one should I get for my 1/48 Valkyrie?

I want the smallest size but I don't know if it will be too small? What do people here have?

BTW, I just ordered my very first 1/48 VF-1S Red Stripe Version Valkyrie with the Super/Strike Armor Pack!!! ^^

If I remember correctly, the round bases tend to be a little less stable... esp if you get one with longer arms and use it for a 1/48.... I'd probably get a square 4 or square 6 for your 1/48 but some other MW'ers might know better. I'm currently using mine for some 1/60s.

Get the one that is right for the type of toy you want to display. As for me I prefer long rod with square base. In addition, Yamato is going to release its own display stands for its Macross series.

If I were you (Unless you need to have a stand right now). I would wait few more weeks until, you had the oppertunity to compare Yamato stand with the regular display stnad that you are referring to.

Get the one that is right for the type of toy you want to display. As for me I prefer long rod with square base. In addition, Yamato is going to release its own display stands for its Macross series.

If I were you (Unless you need to have a stand right now). I would wait few more weeks until, you had the oppertunity to compare Yamato stand with the regular display stnad that you are referring to.

Are you talking about the ARMD launch arm right? Or Yamato will release another stand?

I'm very interested in the launch arm, but will it carry an 1/48 valk with Fast Packs?

haterist still ordering anymore stand?

yes, i will be offering them at cost at some point in the near future. i was waiting to see if everyone got their stands from the first batch of orders, then do it again.

anyhow, if you're in a rush, just get them from VE or TM. if you're the patient type, you can get them through me.

the yamato stand can hold any sized valk but theres a few things to remember....

1, kind of a rip off for a kit....read number 2.

2, you have to glue it together and paint it(according to HLJ website) :rolleyes:

3, $40+ shipping...probably in a giant ass box for no reason other than to piss the US fans off. <_<

4, the plain ol' tripod stands rock! B)):)

haterist still ordering anymore stand?

the yamato stand can hold any sized valk but theres a few things to remember....

1, kind of a rip off for a kit....read number 2.

2, you have to glue it together and paint it(according to HLJ website) :rolleyes:

3, $40+ shipping...probably in a giant ass box for no reason other than to piss the US fans off. <_<

4, the plain ol' tripod stands rock! B)):)

What? I have to glue and paint the launch arm? 40$ for a kit??? NO WAY!

I'll definetely buy a normal stand.

don't get me wrong guys, the yamato stand looks real nice and official, i just prefer the tripod ones....seeing as you can get about 3 tripod ones, for the same price of 1 of the yamato stands.

Yes I Think is really nice too. The real problem is that i'm not good at all in painting :rolleyes:

don't get me wrong guys, the yamato stand looks real nice and official, i just prefer the tripod ones....seeing as you can get about 3 tripod ones, for the same price of 1 of the yamato stands.

Yes I Think is really nice too. The real problem is that i'm not good at all in painting :rolleyes:

you and me both. :lol:

if i gotta paint some straight lines, no problem. i just use some masking tape and paint away. but if i gotta paint some weird shaped stuff, theres no way. :p

I'm still going to get that new Yamato stand that looks like a Lauch Arm. I'm going to display my Hicro or what ever his name is VF-1S up side down like the movie. I wheatherd the bell of the plane to make it look like it was in alot of battles I'll probably have to custom up the stand a little but it should be fun.

I'm still going to get that new Yamato stand that looks like a Lauch Arm. I'm going to display my Hicro or what ever his name is VF-1S up side down like the movie. I wheatherd the bell of the plane to make it look like it was in alot of battles I'll probably have to custom up the stand a little but it should be fun.

Hikaru. It's not that difficult. ;)

Nice coathanger stand, though.

right? i thought he used some space aged materials and suc :p but a wood base and coat hangers seems simple enough to mak and cost less than a dollar to make. B))B))B))

Thanks Dude. B))