Bubba Ho-tep

Yesterday, I was hoping to pick up Bubba Ho-tep on DVD and review it, but I got distracted when I saw the Steel Angel Kurumi Complete Collection in stock. Furthermore, Best Buy had the complete Dukes of Hazzard first season, and I couldn't resist that, either. As a result, I won't be able to pick up this movie until the end of the month because next week's paycheck will go to The A-Team season 1, and I'll be in the Philippines for the next two weeks afterwards.

In the meantime, I have a question for those who have seen Bubba Ho-tep: Is it worth checking out at all?

post-26-1086344847_thumb.jpg

It's not quite Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness quality, but it's a fun ride none the less. I enjoyed it a lot in theatres, and I'll be picking it up on DVD as soon as I can spare the cash.

Bubba-Hotep is a really cool movie. Don't go in expecting a shoot em up, mega action movie, this is really a character driven story with a few really funny action scenes. It is a good ride and Bruce Campbell is great as aged Elvis.

Agree totally here. It's definitely *not* the over the top style thing that I was expecting (which was actually a pleasant surprise). Don't expect Campbell as Elvis to do Ash style one-liners or anything like that, but it is worth checking out.

Very character driven... Some funny action scenes as said above, and a bit of quirky humor.

I rented it to watch and will probably be buying it at some point.

No, I don't think so. I saw it a long time ago. If you like Elvis (I hate Elvis) and if you like seeing your favorite start like Bruce Cambel looking like they are dying, then go for it, but I just didn't care for it.

It focuses on two subjects, the elderly, and Elvis two things I can't stand.

I share Maddox's oninion on old people:

sun.jpg

sun.jpg

I'll be sure to put you on that rocket when you're past your prime. :p

I'll never be old. I am planning on seeing CROM way before that.

I say see it anyway you can a.s.a.p.!!!!!!!!!!I volunteered for the Wilmington Film Fest in Delaware and it was the most popular film there.It's shame it didn't get wide release like it deserved.The segment on our local comcast channel did a report on the film fest I was interviewed as a volunteer.Bubba Ho-Tep was mentioned a lot.Randy Newman was the guest of honor and I met him.Even though I'm not a fan he seemed nice.Robot Stories Was the other main event and I gotta say that was a beautiful movie.

sun.jpg

I'll be sure to put you on that rocket when you're past your prime. :p

I'll never be old. I am planning on seeing CROM way before that.

Whatever... you'll be sitting in a room cheering for Cocoon and Matlock reruns one day. You're far too healthy. :p