Request

vibayo

Hello,i have recently received an Animeigo 9 DVD macross set and i have doubts about if it's a bootleg or not,so please can anybody scan the dist itself and the paper outside the box?

I have doubts,because in some moments(when white subtitles appear,the image goes a little cramp and if you put the 9 dvd's boxes in line you can see that the text isn't the same in all the boxes,one time the title is more long than others.

Oh and inside each box is a sheet whith episodes,mechas caracters,etc. except on the 9th one.

Hope you can confirm me that it's not a bootleg(well,if it is,the seller is going to eat all this DVD's)

Thanks

PD this is out of the topic,but do anyone know where i can find animated gifs of macross?

like this one (wich is soooo nice :lol: )

post-25-1084894451.gif

Edited by vibayo

Every disc except the last one comes with liner notes. That's a sign it may be legit. Also, on my copy wich I ordered directly from AnimEigo, the titles and numbers on the spine of the cases don't all match up. They generally do quality work, especially where it counts, but they're basically two guys, a monkey, and a subtitling equipment.

As for the graphical glitches whenever subtitles show up, I can't say I noticed that.

:blink: WOW! it's very very nice,but is he going to make a gif version? (to make a signature)

Well and for the subtitles,in episode booby trap,when hikaru appears and talks with roy from his prop plane,he says Sempai and then a white "uptitle" appears in the top of the image explaining the meaning of sempai in english and then is when the image goes a little jerky and above all,the normal subtitles (the yellow ones) go very jerky.

Thanks and i hope to see more macross animated gifs ;)

:blink: WOW! it's very very nice,but is he going to make a gif version? (to make a signature)

I doubt it, considering members aren't allowed to have images in their sigs here.

Well and for the subtitles,in episode booby trap,when hikaru appears and talks with roy from his prop plane,he says Sempai and then a white "uptitle" appears in the top of the image explaining the meaning of sempai in english and then is when the image goes a little jerky and above all,the normal subtitles (the yellow ones) go very jerky.

Thanks and i hope to see more macross animated gifs ;)

It COULD be a player glitch.

Unlike a VCR, all DVD players are not created equal. And some have really stupid bugs in them.

BTW, READ the liner notes instead of just asking about them. Animeigo mentions both in the liner notes and on their website that disk 9 has no notes.