SDF Macross custom DVD cover art

Drad

We've got some kick-ass custom boxes on the way, thanks to Mechamaniac, Dangard Ace, Blaine23 and Paul Champagne. It seems to me that the stock DVD cover art for the SDF Macross DVDs would look awfully plain compared to those incredible boxes. I'd pay good money for some custom cover art that matches those box designs.

Any of our resident artists thinking of taking a stab at this? :)

P.S. To Mechamaniac, Dangard, Blaine and Paul: THANK YOU for your time, effort and talents in bringing our community these awesome DVD boxes. I just ordered them both, and can't wait to see them up close!

Edited by Drad

I'm just asking if anyone's thinking of creating some new cover art for the SDF discs. As far as I know, it hasn't been done yet.

We've got some kick-ass custom boxes on the way, thanks to Dangard Ace, Blaine23 and Paul Champagne. It seems to me that the stock DVD cover art for the SDF Macross DVDs would look awfully plain compared to those incredible boxes. I'd pay good money for some custom cover art that matches those box designs.

Any of our resident artists thinking of taking a stab at this? :)

P.S. To Dangard, Blaine and Paul: THANK YOU for your time, effort and talents in bringing our community these awesome DVD boxes. I just ordered them both, and can't wait to see them up close!

It wasn't my idea or nothin...... :(

What about editing the artwork used for Paul's case and resetting them to DVD case sizes? Then everyone can print their own out or I can bang out a bunch from a Pro print shop for cheap.

I would love to see some of the CG from resident users here infused into classic Mikimoto water colors and touched up ala M:Zero... would make a nice addition to the cases.

Maybe we can move this to the fan arts section and have another MW group effort take effect.

I'd up the covers I was working on, but then again, I'm using dual Amrays so I only have five cases. Still, if no one else is gonna do anything, I guess it could be better than nothing. They're mighty big though if I remember right. If nothing's up by this weekend, I'll go dig them out of CD storage.

Here's a shrunk version of the first slip cover, with Minmay, group shot, Misa, and finally Misa (front) Minmay (back) rounding out the other four disc covers.

post-2-1086019868_thumb.jpg

Edited by LePoseur

Pretty nice. I want someone to do the covers. At first I liked the line art style, but the printing of the Animeigo covers are all blurry...even the text is a little blurry.

Someone redo them and print them up...I'd definitely buy a set.

But I would prefer something closer to the artboxes. Less text, more art and perhaps in nearly the same themes.

Perhaps a Mikimoto color set and a mech set.

I've already suggested this to Garoquel, the designer of the original SDF Macross DVD cover art. I should have samples when he gets around to it. One set of cover art using the Mikimoto box theme, and another set using the Mech box theme.

Sweet... great idea, Drad.

Garoquel is definitely you're guy for this one, if he wants to do it. His DVD covers are fantastic, as is his MW logo. Make sure to let him know that I've got all the hi-res art from the Mech box, should he want or need it.

Make sure to let him know that I've got all the hi-res art from the Mech box, should he want or need it.
Keep us posted.

Will do. B))

Edited by Drad