Questions about Yamato 1/60 and Bandai and YF19

JLYC

hi...I'm just wondering why Yamato can't make the 1/60 vf-1's perfect transforming (no detaching parts) like the VF19. I'd thought that the design of the Vf19 was more complex.

Also, are the Bandai vf-1's perfectly transforming? I remember it was when I was a kid more than 10 yrs ago...but my memory could be wrong.

yamato is no longer making 1/60 valks. the 1/72 YF-19 has perfect trans. but it looks stupid in both gerwalk and battroid mode. they built the entire design according to what the fighter mode should look like.

the bandai's are sort of perfect TF but theres no way to attach the gun without using the clip but thats a minor nitpick. also, all the VF's except for the VF-1J hikaru has a removable heatshield, another nitpick.

Well, the last 1/60 valkyrie i heard that is going to come out is the GBP armor versioned VF-1J. There's also the 1/60 Q-Rau Max version, but I assume you were talking about valkryies.

Anyway, I think the GBP VF-1J is probably the last 1/60 valkyrie.

Thanks. Just to clarify though, when you say that the 1/60 VF-1's are no longer in production do you mean that no new models will be put out (but they'll still continue to make the old models), or that the production is completely stopped (i.e. what's out there is what's available and there'll be no new stocks).

Anyword on how long the 1/48 will stay in production?? Thanks alot guys

except for the GBP, I firmly believe what's out there is all that's out there as far as the 1/60 valks go.

alright i forgot the GBP. :p

some of us here are still hoping for a 1/60 low viz, right along with the 1/60 FP kits. :(:p:lol:

Thanks. Just to clarify though, when you say that the 1/60 VF-1's are no longer in production do you mean that no new models will be put out (but they'll still continue to make the old models), or that the production is completely stopped (i.e. what's out there is what's available and there'll be no new stocks).

Anyword on how long the 1/48 will stay in production?? Thanks alot guys

To really clarify things -

We have no idea what Yamato has plans for in either 1/60 or 1/48 scale. Graham has said that he hasn't heard about anything new being made for 1/60 and logic shows that they've made most of the Macross VF-1 variants already. But nothing official to confirm this.

As for the 1/48 - again, Yamato hasn't announced any other 1/48 VF-1's, but there are still plenty of different VF-1 variants they can produce and they sell well. The common thought is that we will be seeing more 1/48's.

Again, no official word has been made about either line being finished.

I think we had enough with the VF-1, they have to put on sale soon the VF-0, the Variable Monster, YF-19 Fast Pack and of course...

the VF-4, I want a VF-4!!!

Hey I still love the VF-1. Yes I would like to have VF-4, VF-19 and VF-17 as well but nothing, I mean nothing beats the VF-1. I loved it when it was a TF toy Jetfire and I loved it in Robotech/Macross. I want to see the Angel Birds, CF, Vf-1D, VE-1, VT-1, Kakizaki TV and/or Kaz DYRL 1/48. Now a Max VF-1A TV would be pushing it but I wont complain. ;)

P.S. I am planning for Space War I with my collection. And no it isnt the closet space. :p