DYRL? project ive been thinking about

OK maybe this isnt something im capable of. I was hopeing that some one had already made such a file and could clue me into where to find it. The other topic about the computer generated subtitles are close to what i want but i hate watching movies on the computer. Thanks anyway guys. Heres to one day we wont have to go through all this crap for a perfect DYRL? DVD.

OK maybe this isnt something im capable of. I was hopeing that some one had already made such a file and could clue me into where to find it. The other topic about the computer generated subtitles are close to what i want but i hate watching movies on the computer. Thanks anyway guys. Heres to one day we wont have to go through all this crap for a perfect DYRL? DVD.

what kind of video card do you have?

mine can output to tv. If yours can you can watch it on tv with ease.

I don't have the answers for you, but the other thread is worth studying because getting a script with proper timing is 90% or more of the challenge. The other part is finding the tools for your platform which will allow you to extract the video stream (if necessary) and create a DVD which combines it with the script in question.

For the latter, I'd suggest you visit http://www.doom9.org/ and possibly http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/

At those sites and similar ones, you can find people who can help you with the technical side of the conversion.

Do any video cards support component or DVI output? I refuse to use anything less with my hdtv ;)

White Comet, I believe the R2 DYRL is a dual layer disc. If it is, then you'd need a dual layer burner and media to properly burn it. Otherwise, you'd have to downsample it to fit on a regular DVDR. After going through the laborious task of subtitling it, would you really settle for anything less than perfection?

Do any video cards support component or DVI output? I refuse to use anything less with my hdtv ;)

White Comet, I believe the R2 DYRL is a dual layer disc. If it is, then you'd need a dual layer burner and media to properly burn it. Otherwise, you'd have to downsample it to fit on a regular DVDR. After going through the laborious task of subtitling it, would you really settle for anything less than perfection?

mine has svhs and dvi

The R2 DVD on a DVD5 is compressed to 67% of the original if you take out the menus and the extras. On a regular TV you can just barely tell its compressed. Since i dont have an HDTV(and dont plan on getting one yet) it really doesnt matter that its compressed. Also, ive seen the movie so many times that the only times i ever watch it again is to show other people and most people dont care about perfect picture quality. I just thought it would be nice not having to lug around my laptop evertime i want to watch dyrl with good subs.

The R2 DVD on a DVD5 is compressed to 67% of the original if you take out the menus and the extras. On a regular TV you can just barely tell its compressed. Since i dont have an HDTV(and dont plan on getting one yet) it really doesnt matter that its compressed. Also, ive seen the movie so many times that the only times i ever watch it again is to show other people and most people dont care about perfect picture quality. I just thought it would be nice not having to lug around my laptop evertime i want to watch dyrl with good subs.

buy fx dvd. get really drunk but not drunk enough to pass out.

watch said dvd. you will see it with perfect subs and remasterd animation.