HLJ coverage of Shizuoka Hobby Show

Terrance Wong

I wonder if the entire MW gang want VF-X2 Monster ?

Do I smell a poll coming on? :lol:

I'm definitely buying 2 or maybe 3 of the VB-6.

Graham

yeah , I´ll have to buy one at the very least :lol:

I can´t wait to know all the features this baby will feature :)

Nothing to bad but looking at the earlier unpainted prototype pics I would´ve thought the VB-6 would´ve had more detail , more specifically panel lines and such , maybe it´s the photos though , paint job looks ok but I would´ve liked a more lighter tone, can´t deny this baby is one heck of a beauty , it´s so frigging nice to have something new and cool being released :lol::);)

BTW, while I think the movie is poor, it IS an accurate interpretation of the book in many ways. All the patriotic stuff about promoting militarism is in the book. Some of the lines are lifted verbatim.

And what alternate reality did your copy of the book come from?

What peaks my interest in the display are the mini space ships. Are these for a wargame?

They're from Legend of the Galactic Heroes. They're just toys, but they can probably be used for gaming. The only possible problem is that the fighters are very much not in scale with the larger ships.

yeah , I´ll have to buy one at the very least :lol:

I can´t wait to know all the features this baby will feature :)

Nothing to bad but looking at the earlier unpainted prototype pics I would´ve thought the VB-6 would´ve had more detail , more specifically panel lines and such , maybe it´s the photos though , paint job looks ok but I would´ve liked a more lighter tone, can´t deny this baby is one heck of a beauty , it´s so frigging nice to have something new and cool being released :lol::);)

You need to add the monster dimensions and scales to your sig now. :p

Well I'm definitely not going to watch the movie again to respond precisely, but Michael Ironsides speach to his class about the responsibility of people to perform public service before getting the vote is lifted almost word for word from the book.

The book is not primarlily about fighting bugs while wearing armored suits. If it was, it would not end like it does BEFORE the final battle. It's a political statement about the responsibilities of the individual to the state and vice versa.

If you have not read it since your youth, read it again. It's not a juvie space opera about fighting "bugs". It a pretty right wing, some would say fascist, manifesto. Thats what made it into the movie (as satire, but its there).

Well I'm definitely not going to watch the movie again to respond precisely, but Michael Ironsides speach to his class about the responsibility of people to perform public service before getting the vote is lifted almost word for word from the book.

The book is not primarlily about fighting bugs while wearing armored suits. If it was, it would not end like it does BEFORE the final battle. It's a political statement about the responsibilities of the individual to the state and vice versa.

If you have not read it since your youth, read it again. It's not a juvie space opera about fighting "bugs". It a pretty right wing, some would say fascist, manifesto. Thats what made it into the movie (as satire, but its there).

I know what the book is about. I've read it two or three times now. While Heinlein is saying something in the book about civic duty (it was written as a juvenile; just not published that way), it is not particularly "right wing" and certainly anything but fascist (either by the real or perjorative definitions). The film was a load of crap made by people who had obviously never read the book, but based it entirely on what a few critics with an axe to grind have said about it.

Anyway, this thread is not the place for this. If you search the archives, you should find a much more in depth discussion of the matter in the Other Anime and SF area.