Possible?

wolfx

...I bet that if the MPC never existed and the 1/48 had a light up visor, none of you would be complaining. <_<

No way man... If the 1/48 had extending cocks from the groin region that would be equally as lame... There were no mecha cocks in the show, or DYRL.

rock on agent!

APU why the hell are you always quick to call some of us out?this is MACROSSworld after all. If you want some MPC hug and kiss talk check robotech.com.. ANy mention of a yamato product being in the SLIGHTEST superior gets your topic deleted and you possibly banned. And again some of them had valid points in what they said, and you went ahead and said one of their logical thougts sucked more than the MPC he said sucked. That just isn't right. SOme of us insult toys while you went ahead and insulted one of us.

the glory of HARMONY and GOLD. Gee not so harmonious when they ban people for liking other toys is it?

Haha, I see this topic hasn't been shut down yet.....

Ok, so the head unit is supposed to be some kind of camera pod am I right? Radar and all that $hit? Why hell would a camera pod be emmitting light??? It makes absolutely no sense.

Toynami did it because they're a stupid company that thought it's target market would be easily amused with lights and shiny things. And, to an extent, they were right. I'm surprised they didn't add sound effects, but I guess they left that to the owners of the toys.......

wolfx, when I requested posting of pictures if you did it, by "it", I meant if you lit up the landing lights and wings....not the head unit.

Edited by peter

Ok, so the head unit is supposed to be some kind of camera pod am I right? Radar and all that $hit? Why hell would a camera pod be emmitting light??? It makes absolutely no sense.

Just to amuse AgentOne..... :lol:

Shrug. Cause its cool that's why. That's why Basara's VF-19 Kai emits lights from its eyes cause it reeks of coolness. :D

You want it to make sense? It could make sense. Maybe its like the old Night Vision Goggles and they emit a dim green light when turned on. So the valk has night vision, geddit? Besides, space could be a dark dark place. :)

Ok, so the head unit is supposed to be some kind of camera pod am I right?  Radar and all that $hit?  Why hell would a camera pod be emmitting light???  It makes absolutely no sense. 

Shrug. Cause its cool that's why. That's why Basara's VF-19 Kai emits lights from its eyes cause it reeks of coolness. :D

You want it to make sense? It could make sense. Maybe its like the old Night Vision Goggles and they emit a dim green light when turned on. So the valk has night vision, geddit? Besides, space could be a dark dark place. :)

Yeah, science fiction is full of stuff that lights up for no good reason. Look at the terminator's red eyes. Any reason for them to light up other than to look cool and menacing B))

good point gobotfool.

look folks anyone can do whatever they want with their stuff. as much as i disliked the MPC's i did think the light up head was a cool gimmick(if it had been done correctly). its not movie/TV accurate but still a cool little feature IMO.

some of us are getting bored with looking at our valks and want to do something fun with them. same reason why people are oil washing their valks and creating a weathered look for their valks. i don't remember seeing weathered valks in macross or robotech, so whats up with that BS? :rolleyes: exactly, its stupid.

so who gives a rats ass, let people do what they want to do and stop acting like the "thought police" and let it go.

BTW i'm still looking for the little leather terminator jacket. ;)

good point gobotfool.

look folks anyone can do whatever they want with their stuff. as much as i disliked the MPC's i did think the light up head was a cool gimmick(if it had been done correctly). its not movie/TV accurate but still a cool little feature IMO.

some of us are getting bored with looking at our valks and want to do something fun with them. same reason why people are oil washing their valks and creating a weathered look for their valks. i don't remember seeing weathered valks in macross or robotech, so whats up with that BS? :rolleyes: exactly, its stupid.

so who gives a rats ass, let people do what they want to do and stop acting like the "thought police" and let it go.

BTW i'm still looking for the little leather terminator jacket. ;)

Yeah, I'd love to deck out my Aoshima Endo in leather gear just for the hell of it.

Ok, so the head unit is supposed to be some kind of camera pod am I right?  Radar and all that $hit?  Why hell would a camera pod be emmitting light???  It makes absolutely no sense. 

Basara and anything that has to do with him and his ugly Valkrie-with-a-mouth is anything but cool. But there's another thread busy discussing the coolness and uncoolness of Basara and the whole Macross 7 thing....

Night vision goggles emit light only to the viewer, not to anyone trying to shoot the person wearing them. If they emit light so anyone can see the user, it would defeat the purpose of NVGs.

Basara and anything that has to do with him and his ugly Valkrie-with-a-mouth is anything but cool. But there's another thread busy discussing the coolness and uncoolness of Basara and the whole Macross 7 thing....

^_^

Another vote to keep the Pride parade OUT of Macross.

Night vision goggles emit light only to the viewer, not to anyone trying to shoot the person wearing them. If they emit light so anyone can see the user, it would defeat the purpose of NVGs.

Sorry, but technically you're wrong. Night vision goggles need ambient light to work. If there is no natural light the an IR illuminator is attathed to the goggles. Anyone else who is wearing NV will see a bright green beam of light coming from the IR. ;)

Night vision goggles emit light only to the viewer, not to anyone trying to shoot the person wearing them.  If they emit light so anyone can see the user, it would defeat the purpose of NVGs.

Sorry, but technically you're wrong. Night vision goggles need ambient light to work. If there is no natural light the an IR illuminator is attathed to the goggles. Anyone else who is wearing NV will see a bright green beam of light coming from the IR. ;)

I think nowadays they use laser pointers for the light. NVG will not work in total darkness. But light from a laser pointer is apparently enough.

Peter: The light's pretty dim and still hard to see in the dark. The guy with the NVG has the most advantage at night. Imagine splinter cell-like NVG. :p