New Eva Figures with Rei and Asuka

I wonder if this is somebody's scratch built, looks almost too perfect to be a mass product (though I hope it will turned into resin recast one day)

The facial features and hair sculpting are exquisite :wub:

The only thing I am baffling is why is Rei in a Unit 01 armour?

Bty, Good moves, Macross73 ;)

back on topic before somethig happens.... :ph34r:

where and when is this statue gonna be available and how tall is it? what materials are used is it Resin?

edit :  where was the pic of thsi taken from?

416808[/snapback]

• 6 months later...

Y'know, maybe it's inappropriate for me to say all these things, but really, the amount of Rei and Asuka statues in various stages of dress and undress is really getting creepy.

They aren't even of legal age, I think...

Brrr.

It doesn't really mater if they are legal age or not because they are not real people, most of the figures made give them a much older appearance anyway (body wise). If they were made to look younger, then i would be disturbed.

It doesn't really mater if they are legal age or not because they are not real people, most of the figures made give them a much older appearance anyway (body wise). If they were made to look younger, then i would be disturbed.

Dude, that's a comment that's already 6 months gone and that had been other replies that are more relevant to the current situation. Just let it lie.

EDIT: Realised it wasn't so buried..

Edited by Lynx7725

• 3 months later...

Volks' Custama Rei and Asuka seem to be out.

Anyone else know details for the high price?

Here's a gallery and a review in japanese:

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/CUSTAMA-P.htm

Pic from pony-hp:

IPB Image

Articulation looks great, and they look like quality figures, but I don't care for the stylized look. They look like 5-year-olds with breasts. :ph34r:

What? You mean they actually look like the 14 year-olds they're supposed to be? That's not allowed for Asuka/Rei figures.

What? You mean they actually look like the 14 year-olds they're supposed to be? That's not allowed for Asuka/Rei figures.

aside from their woman boobs, they look like 8 year olds.

OK, after looking at those new Volks figures again I decided I really like them aside from the heads. That said, I ordered myself a Rei with plans to replace her spooky kiddy noggin with a better head from one of the several other Rei figures I have. I figure among them and their various sizes there has to be one that will work. If not, oh well. Another EVA toy for the pile. Or trade fodder.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my Rei Custama figure and it's a lot bigger than I was expecting, so none of the Rei heads I have are really transferable. In person it looks a lot better though so I'm pretty happy with it. There is one problem that I need to fix with nail polish or glue or something, her legs keep falling off at the thighs. Or maybe it's supposed to be that way for cartoon accuracy! :lol:

At least they aren't broken. The pegs that hold the joint in place just don't stick tight enough.

Here she is with some friends...

IPB Image

Got my Rei Custama figure and it's a lot bigger than I was expecting, so none of the Rei heads I have are really transferable. In person it looks a lot better though so I'm pretty happy with it. There is one problem that I need to fix with nail polish or glue or something, her legs keep falling off at the thighs. Or maybe it's supposed to be that way for cartoon accuracy! :lol:

At least they aren't broken. The pegs that hold the joint in place just don't stick tight enough.

Here she is with some friends...

Any sites selling these?

How much are they going for?

Any sites selling these?

How much are they going for?

Hmm, you'll have to do some hunting probably. I ordered from HLJ a few weeks ago and they were out of stock a day or two later. They may have more in now. Otherwise I've seen them at Twin Moons and I think even BigBadToyStore but I may be remembering wrong. Back before I ordered from HLJ I just Googled "Custama Rei" and found several stores selling them. HLJ was the cheapest place at $40+ but the other sites have them much higher than that.