Anyone Playing City of Heroes?

Ladic

I just got it yesterday and been playing a bit today, it seems fun but I am worried about the end game, hopefully by the time and if I ever reach those levls they will have implemented more stuff.

Anyone here playing it? I am on Liberty Server.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got it yesterday and been playing a bit today, it seems fun but I am worried about the end game, hopefully by the time and if I ever reach those levls they will have implemented more stuff.

Anyone here playing it? I am on Liberty Server.

I'm playing on Triumph

post-26-1086046780_thumb.jpg

Im loving it. The game has way more content than Lineage 2 or Star Wars Galaxies has, though the game is kinda limited in scope.

But what it does, it does EXTREMELY well.

I play on Freedom as Ozohc Bandit and Master Kowloon, and on Pinnacle as Ryu Point Five (Think Dragon Half), and Arrshikaga, the Zombie Pirate Ninja!

Ozohc is my main right now. She is heavily inspired by Metroid in overall design and coloration, without going total Samus.

Master Kowloon is basically G Gundam's Master Asia.

Ryu Point Five is a pretty solid Mink from Dragon Half.

Arrshikaga is my totally made up character and looks pretty cool. He just needs a pegleg for that little bit of extra pirateness!

Im taking a break from it right now as to not burn out on it. But with stuff like Front Mission 4 coming out, this is easy to do.

Most MMORPGs I play way too much when I get them and am sick of em by the end of the first month, which is kinda dumb in some ways.

Luckily, City of Heroes really is a casual game. You dont need to powerlevel or catass the game. Play it when you need an MMORPG fix or you have an hour or 2 and do a couple of missions. Ok.. for me it ends up being more like 6 hours of play, but it sucks me into it..

Does it have an off line gameing mode?

I'm asking because it looks cool as hell, and I'd love to play it...but I don't have broadband, and seriously lack the free time to justify getting a DSL/cable modem connection and haveing to fork over additional $$$ on a monthly gameing fee...all for something I may only get to play a couple hours strait per month :p

I just picked up the game today. After reading the manual I have a really good feeling I'm going to like the game. I mean I was interested before and the whole idea seemed pretty exciting. So are there any others playing besides those that have already said they are playing?

the game is skill based and very streamlined... I mean... rather than having items, you have "enhancements" that add to various aspects of a skill such as the range/damage/accuracy/etc....

Its easy to pick up a group and go do missions, and yes... I play for anywhere from an hour to 8 hours... there is a time investment... but, you don't HAVE to be high level to have fun really... but you do to be Superman or something. :)

• 1 month later...

Heh

Character Update on Triumph;

LVL 24 Dark/Dark Defender - Dr Feelgood

LVL 10 Spine/Regen Scrapper - PeeWee Herman

LVL 6 Rock/Stone Tanker - Lord T (Mister and Mr. were taken. :) )

and my newest;

LVL 2 Fire/Devices Blaster - Marty McFly (yes... he looks like him too. :D )

Well I played the game for a month, gave it a fair shot like all games and feel I did get $40 bucks that I payed for it out of it. After the first two weeks though things got boring really, really fast. Not frustrating like other mmorpg I mean I for the first time actually got bored and that surprised me. Usually I get frustrated with the gameplay, tired of waiting for groups and dying but not the case here. Doing the same thing over and over again, missions after same mission, fighting other heros for thugs to fight got to me. I loved flying, jumping off buidlings or fighting in the air but that gets kinda trying and losses its appeal after a while. I didn't think it would. Maybe if there was more to do things might be better. I have to say, even though I enjoy RPing in games I like collecting equipment, visiting different cities, etc.

Maybe I'm just not that big on superheros. It was a lot of fun and easy to get into which I really enjoyed but it was just something about that made it boring.

Well I played the game for a month, gave it a fair shot like all games and feel I did get $40 bucks that I payed for it out of it. After the first two weeks though things got boring really, really fast. Not frustrating like other mmorpg I mean I for the first time actually got bored and that surprised me. Usually I get frustrated with the gameplay, tired of waiting for groups and dying but not the case here. Doing the same thing over and over again, missions after same mission, fighting other heros for thugs to fight got to me. I loved flying, jumping off buidlings or fighting in the air but that gets kinda trying and losses its appeal after a while. I didn't think it would. Maybe if there was more to do things might be better. I have to say, even though I enjoy RPing in games I like collecting equipment, visiting different cities, etc.

Maybe I'm just not that big on superheros. It was a lot of fun and easy to get into which I really enjoyed but it was just something about that made it boring.

If you don't mind me asking, what level did you get to? I'm seeing crazy stuff in TF missions... hell I fought 2 Nazi Werewolves yesterday!

I don't remember the exact number but I was in the low 20s. Granted not that long in the game since I've had higher level characters in the other games but I didn't stay that long. I had a few lower level characters as well while I was trying out the different classes and options.

I heard of this but never got it because people said it got boring and repetative after a while like Effect said. Anyway im waiting forWorld of Warcraft to come out.

WoW is gonna rock hard, dunno if I'll buy it though, after been addicted to EQ for a few years, I know how bad this things can get.

I heard of this but never got it because people said it got boring and repetative after a while like Effect said.  Anyway im waiting forWorld of Warcraft to come out.

WoW is gonna rock hard, dunno if I'll buy it though, after been addicted to EQ for a few years, I know how bad this things can get.

I have a feeling WoW is going to be a lot like other mmos when it comes down to it... but if its fun, I'll totally play it... til then... I'm doin CoH