My Macross ep 3 doesn't work anymore

peter

Hey everyone, I know it's crappy of me to have a d/l version and not the original 5,000 + yen DVD version, but I needed subtitles and I'm poor. But enough of my lame excuses, here goes my request for help anyway. I have this version that's 348 megs and it used to work, but for some reason, my media player doesn't play the video part anymore, only sound. It attempts to download a codec for it but says error downloading codec. I checked to see if there are any new updates, but it says I have the latest version of media player. It used to work, I've watched it over a dozen times, but I can't figure out why it won't now. Any suggestions?

My versions works with the K-Lite codec set...I think you can download the whole thing...comes with a player and everything you need to watch it.

Just do a search for "K-Lite Codec" and it should direct you to where you can download it....Hope this helps.

Larry

hmm, thanks, I'll give that a try, but I still can't figure out why it used to play in Windows media player and all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. I even tried to download the same 348 meg file again, because I thought maybe my existing file was corrupt, but the new file I downloaded doesn't work either. There's gotta be something wrong with my media player.....crap.

Hey, thanks for all the help. In the end, someone sent me a PM (not sure if you wanted to remain anonomous on the board) with a few tips. I ended up downloading DivX player and it works fine. Media Player didn't play it, even with the newest codecs....but then again, maybe I did something wrong. In any event, I can watch it just fine now.

just use the ffdshow codec set, with it I can play everything from DivX3.11 -> XviD and some more.

Download Zoomplayer. Ends all problems. Don't use crappy windows media player (if u are using it).

doesn't matter, both use the same files for encoding / decoding, as both are just front-ends to the file decode process.

just use the ffdshow codec set, with it I can play everything from DivX3.11 -> XviD and some more.
Download Zoomplayer. Ends all problems. Don't use crappy windows media player (if u are using it).

doesn't matter, both use the same files for encoding / decoding, as both are just front-ends to the file decode process.

Actually, I've noticed a lot of difference between different players. DIVX files play best in DIVX Player, I play most everything else in ZoomPlayer, though there's still a couple files I can only get to play in BS Player, all no matter what amount of fiddling I do with FFDShow.

Zoomplayer does seem to be the overall best player for everything outside of DIVX, though.

Get the Nemo Codec Pak (Could be spelled Nimo as well). This will usually clear up any codec problems you have. I had a hell of a time getting DYRL to play, but this fixed it. Also, use the Div-X player, as that seems to accept more files than the other media players.

No. No, no, no! Nemo often does more damage than it helps. It is a haphazard patchwork of codecs, and it installs ALL of them onto your system. What's more is that it is unauthorized and unsupported by any of the individual groups that created the codecs to begin with.

K-Lite Codec set worked for me :)

Me too. I don't use the player that come with is as I have (for some reason unknown even to me) stuck with Media Player. It works fine with that once you have the codecs that come with K-Lite...