VF-0/SV-51 Color

Coota0

I know we had the thread a while ago about the VF-1 and it's color, well I got to thining after reading that thread (we basiacally decided in space who cares) it go me to thinking, a VF-0 spends all of it's time in the atmosphere, so shouldn't it have a nice gray paint scheme, like a modern day fighter? What do ya'll think?

p.s. I don't think the blue is that bad, but I would think the purple and white woudln't work to well.

Blue is the best color if you're flying over California. :) Early F-15's were bright blue for that very reason--then they had their first deployment to Europe, and realized "bright summer sky blue" doesn't exist much of the time in the UK, you need "foggy sky grey". :)

Purple--well, depends on the shade. Dark Ghost grey (2nd most common color for modern air camo) is purple-grey. Most "sky" greys are blue-grey, but Dark Ghost is distinctly purple. Most naval colors are also purple-blue greys.

Anyways-- VF's often fight at ULTRA-close range, so there's no better situation for disruptive camo. Ferris schemes, false canopies, etc. Valks don't ever really seem to use camo for hiding at all---their radar has great range, so they fire off a massive long-range missile salvo, then get in super close and use either gunpod or battroid hand-to-hand. :) Short-range camo is disruptive.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Blue is the best color if you're flying over California.  Early F-15's were bright blue for that very reason--then they had their first deployment to Europe, and realized "bright summer sky blue" doesn't exist much of the time in the UK, you need "foggy sky grey".

And Mayan have a sky full of white clouds :)

I was watching Mac Zero today and I was just thinking about the color of Valks. While the F-14s were all low viz, the zero was bright white with black and yellow stripes. I thought to myself why???? Might as well paint a big red bullseye on your valk. But then, the kid inside me told me who cares what color the Valks are. If you're a good pilot, you'll live, and if you're a $hitty pilot, you're gonna die, that's all there is to it. Low viz or not, a good pilot will see you (or at least his radar-thingie will).

If I had my way, I'd have naked women and beer ads painted on my Valk.

I was watching Mac Zero today and I was just thinking about the color of Valks. While the F-14s were all low viz, the zero was bright white with black and yellow stripes. I thought to myself why???? Might as well paint a big red bullseye on your valk. But then, the kid inside me told me who cares what color the Valks are. If you're a good pilot, you'll live, and if you're a $hitty pilot, you're gonna die, that's all there is to it. Low viz or not, a good pilot will see you (or at least his radar-thingie will).

If I had my way, I'd have naked women and beer ads painted on my Valk.

You ask why was one valkyrie painted in full color?, well that valkyrie happens to be the Squadron Commanders and I bet you probably that Roy was also the CAG of the Air Wing of the CVN-99 Asuka II. Typicaly one plane out of the whole air wing is in high-vis, that is t he CAG's bird. If you are in charge of about 8-10 squadrons, I think you deserve to have the best looking bird to show distincation, also nobody will really be able to tell what color you have unless if you are 30,000 feet in a dog fight with guns only.

Also Squadron Commanders have their birds in high-vis but not to the point on how the CAG has his. All other aircraft are low-vis with tones of gray.