Super Ostrich Doubts..

Taric

I think he's trying to tell us that the person who is selling that elintseeker is a fraud. If that's not it then I don't know really. :p:D:lol:

Hey man, when you start a thread you need to ask a clear question... Most of us have no clue what you want in both of your threads.

You want more info about the pic?

Like who took it?

Thats a real SuperO box... I know because I had one 19 years ago.

i think he is talking about these 2 auctions that are up the same guy has the elintseeker and the super ostrich, i think he has doubts they are authentic perhaps? and maybe wants to verify with the macross world memebers who know these things a little better, before he bids big money that these are real and not some sort of reissue or somehting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3191650291&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3191651386&rd=1

i think he is talking about these 2 auctions that are up the same guy has the elintseeker and the super ostrich, i think he has doubts they are authentic perhaps? and maybe wants to verify with the macross world memebers who know these things a little better, before he bids big money that these are real and not some sort of reissue or somehting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3191650291&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3191651386&rd=1

RichterX Posted on May 4 2004, 06:50 PM

I think he forgot to put the question... 

:p:p yea that might help, a question always comes in handy :p:p

i saw these 2 auctions up on ebay and they are the same pics, so i figure it has to do with them, maybe he curious about qaulity? or maybe he doubts the seller and wants to know if anyone could vouch for him, he also put up a seperate post for the super Ostrich as well ,it was a pretty simple post as well that did not give you to much of a idea of what he wants. maybe he want to make sure it is not a auction from you know who, mister he whos name shall not be spoken :p

Let me put an end to all of your doubts. I listed those auctions today and they are indeed original toys. I do not deal in bootlegs or pirated goods of any kind. No they did not come from 'you know who' (arafat something or other). The person I bought them from is extremely dedicated to buying only official licensed products. I am also on the SSL here at MW.

as of right now there are no reissuse of these 2 items, unlike the other VF-1's. So the demand is still high. When demand is high, price goes up.

But please next time if you're starting a tread to ask a certain question, make sure you type the Question with more detail.

Level of coolness depends of the user...

RichterX,

How do you know he wears "depends" undergarments?

So "coolness" directly correlates to the depends "of" the user? :lol:

Perhaps someone could come up with a formula for that, such as:

Let "D" stand for Depends

Let "U" represent the user

Let "C" represent the coolness factor

So:

DU:C which is a ratio

Now that we know the question, the answer is yes, the 1/55 VT-1 and VE-1 are quite rare unless you would rather have the Hasegawa/Yamato versions. Value is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Edited by ChristopherB

Both toys are cool, but not worth what you will pay in my opinion... If you are looking for quality to $$$ ratio, get Yamato products, they are new so they will also last longer.

Level of coolness depends of the user...

RichterX,

How do you know he wears "depends" undergarments?

So "coolness" directly correlates to the depends "of" the user? :lol:

Perhaps someone could come up with a formula for that, such as:

Let "D" stand for Depends

Let "U" represent the user

Let "C" represent the coolness factor

So:

DU:C which is a ratio

Now that we know the question, the answer is yes, the 1/55 VT-1 and VE-1 are quite rare unless you would rather have the Hasegawa/Yamato versions. Value is in the eye of the beholder. ;)

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

;) I stand corrected

Hi RichterX , actually before I meant Arafat or the guys who name shall not be spoken, not Voldamort, though they may be the same guy with all the evil shill bidding names he has :p

actually before I meant Arafat or the guys who name shall not be spoken, not Voldamort, though they may be the same guy with all the evil shill bidding names he has 

Sorry, didn't realize for a second you were talking about those people in another context. I thought for a second you were implying that I am another alias of those scumbags. I find it frustrating when I build a small yet good reputation and people start doubting me when I sell something like this.

Edited by halfan

hi, sorry if you mistook that :( , in no way did I mean you at all, i meant arafat209, a little while back some one had made the exact same statement about him, it was funny that they were trying to remove all aspects of his name and existence, it was like it was forbidden to even speak his name, and someone had made the harry potter reference of the villian "whos name shall not be spoken" :p so that is why it was said :lol::lol: , by the way those are your auctions huh? they look very nice you would not happen to have the Strike Valk would you? always wanted one of those.

Edited by zeo-mare

Yeah I looked into some of the questionable people before I even listed anything. It's very sad one or two people can make buying selling Macross stuff a lot harder. I was thinking of listing one at a time so I didn't get flooded with questions but decided to put up everything at once. And I can see how that would raise a few eyebrows in the community:P Nope, don't have a strike valkyrie. I saw one that ended a day or so ago with zero bids I think, about $400 bin.