Why is a Super Ostrich called a Super Ostrich?

jasonkimberson

That may be what went on in the creative process, but all four variants are considered official in the Macross universe. Without going back into this old thread, I'll just recommend reading the various descriptions at http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati.../vf1/index.html

The roles of the two are similar but not identical; my personal opinion is that the existence of both variants can be reconciled by assuming the VEFR was the type used during Space War One, but that it was superseded by the VE-1 by the time DYRL was filmed. The idea that the VE-1 was only suitable for exo-atmospheric use also seems okay, but it strikes me as a bit more speculative.

stricdon't read the "super" first, "Ostrich" mean the one who far away from danger and trouble,

and the "VT-1 Ostrich" is just for training ,not suppost for real fighting,

so  that's the meaning .

Super Ostrich is the VT-1 OSTRICH with super pack armed.

just like the "super valkyrie" /"strike valkyrie"

So technically, the Super Ostrich just runs away faster. :D

I always thought it was because it had the ability to evade its enemies by ducking its head into the body and pretending that no enemies were around. After all, if you can't see them, they can't see you right? :p

Something like this...

post-4-1098009160_thumb.jpg

I thought 1 was the TV version and 1 was the Movie version. Like VF-1D versus VT-1 Super Ostrich

Well, wouldnt Misa be in the VE-1 instead of the Cat's Eye (Or whatever it is called in Macross) in the TV Version? I thought that was what the Cat's Eye was for. I mean the VE-1 would definitely be significant upgrade rather that flying in a craft that handles like a milk truck.