Mospeada Alpha (toynami)

al0324

Saw all four of the non-metallic versions today for $19.99CDN, but passed them up. I was wanting a Shadow/Dark version for its weapon, but I would need to resculpt the shoulders and clean up some messy joints on the thighs to make the toy look "right". I'll wait for a sale. By the way, is it true the Shadow has only 3 interchangeable hands rather than the advertised 5?

Yep. Two semi-open claws, inner claw is dead center so no left right issues and the fake half size "closed claw" that plugs into the Destablizer.

Cyc

I'm known to be a Toynami basher but I have to say that I do like these toys alot. Got the whole set and also the metllic versions. :rolleyes: As far as the MPC I think I'll wait until someone here gets one and convinces me that it worth the price. Although I'll probably buy it off of Ebay to save a few bucks. ;)

Yeah, I broke down and picked up one of each. Only managed to get the red one in metallic, though, and now that I did, I wish I had held out for the metallic versions of them all. They're pretty cool, and definitely look better than the VF-1 super-posables they released. Just can't get enough of that Legioss goodness.

This was always one of my favorite mecha designs of all time, and it's good so see someone release new items based on these designs, even if it is Toynami. I just hope they bring down the asking price of that MPC they're planning to release - attaching to that Tread will be cool and all, but $80 for a 1/55 Legioss - even an all die-cast one - seems more than a little excessive to me. I guess there's always ebay ...

By the way, is it true the Shadow has only 3 interchangeable hands rather than the advertised 5?

Yes, the Dark Legioss only has three hands. The reason this is is because it has those "Claw Thingies" rather than humanoid hands. It comes with two claw hands and one "closed claw" with a notch on it for use with the Sychro cannon... but the open claws work just fine with the cannon also.

I guess they ran out of ideas for hand poses for claws... :rolleyes:

Thank You, Cyclone and JsARCLIGHT. I don't believe it would have been that hard to sculpt a dynamic opened claw, a pointing claw or even a gripping-the-Destablizer-for-balance claw. Toynami probably figured it wasn't worth it, 'cause they couldn't reuse it on the other designs.

Is Toynami aware of the Drone version? Or is it too much of a resculpt to be seen as a Super Poseable....

i just picked up a Scott and Shadow Alpha from Gamestop yesterday (impulse buy :p ). i must say that these toys are really cool, and well worth the $14 price tag.

of course it sucks that the Alpha MPC will be delayed until next year, but i'm glad we have the Alpha SPs to hold us over until then.

for most comic stores unless it's in Previews/Diamond, it simply does not exist and can't be ordered for any price.....

They're too well trained sadly

All too true. <_< I should just open my own darn import store, and it would be the bestest, importingest store around.

Who am I kidding? I'm too lazy to do that. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

My Metallic Shadow Poseable came this morning and I love it. It is the best one so far. Even the hands have weathering on them. The gun is dark black with a silver tip. A lot of work and thought went into this one. The Blue and the Shadow are the only ones I have with different hands than the normal paint ones. Now I have the Blue, Green, Red and Shadow with the clear one to go. But that not shipping till Jan 24 2004.

• 2 weeks later...

What did I see when I came home from work none other than the Clear Shadow Alpha. This was a total suprise. I did not know they were shipping that soon. Now my Alpha Super poseable collection is complete. The prototype picture showed a clear blue but the one I have is like a clear smoke or gray. I like that color better. Since the Shadow is normally a darker color. You get to see all the connection points. Just a little black panel lining to highlight the details. No need to worry about messy paint jobs. This made my day.