All things Gungrave

ok, I remember wanting this figure, but it was hella expensive. How much did you guys buy it for?

I paid around 50.00 including shipping from twin moons. Last time I looked on ebay they were around 40.00 before shipping. The import version(like if you bought it from HLJ) was around 100.00 IIRC.

Its a great figure. The sculpt is awesome and posability even with the coffin attached is pretty good. Worth 50.00? no but all anime toys are overpriced. I have shelves full of overpriced Berserk figures and Macross toys lol

heres a few on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?M...eyond+the+grave

Edited by dejr8bud

Finally caught the last episode.... very good finale for the whole run... although not totally unexpected, since you get not-very-subtle hints about how the whole thing goes down.

mm... $50? Doesn't sound too bad... (remember, talking anime toys here, all you crazies with your 1/48 VF-1s =) I need something to keep my Black Knight Gatsu company on the shelf....

Anybody ever buy from explosion-toys.com? they seem to have the figure in stock... the site looks pretty good, not sure if they're reputable though.

Has anybody seen THIS airsoft version of Grave's Ceruberus pistol yet? Make sure you watch the videos.

Wow.. that dude can hardly hold the gun up for a shot, much less hit anything... yep, Brandon Heat is superhuman after all...

Slight nitpick... I was under the impression that the entire lower portion of the guns were where the ammo went... I remember seeing once Brandon actually taking the magazine off and then loading it with a fresh one.

Slight nitpick... I was under the impression that the entire lower portion of the guns were where the ammo went... I remember seeing once Brandon actually taking the magazine off and then loading it with a fresh one.

Well, the "real" version would work that way. This is actually a conversion kit, not a complete gun. It actually conceals a small Glock compact inside the Ceruberus. That's why you see the magazine where it is.

The ending is cool.... but doesn't leave room for a Gungrave OD anime sequel. Too bad there was nothing mentioned about brain-in-coffin as well as Big Daddy's final fate. (In the game, Big Daddy was changed into a Superior...one big ugly mutha *(!&@(*!@!@!)

• 5 months later...

Recently picked up the first 2 Geneon DVDs, and man, was it a big surprise!

Gungrave turned out to be a VERY GOOD show so far. Saw it came out a couple months back, knew about a little of the original game, but didn't expect a very good show from a game-to-anime translation. Turned out the show has very high production value with very nice character design (Nightow ), nice consistent animation (very good for a TV series, not choppy like some said), and very good story telling. You can really feel for the characters. Music is good too. While some tunes are less memorable, they are more than enough to get the job done. Ending song is nice, and love the scene in it when they show Harry & Brandon running facing the sky.

Also, I don't get why many people didn't like episode 1 either. Things were staged well, good animation, some pretty cool action sequences, and a good intro layout of the whole situation, since they are using the Berserk-ish long flashback to tell the backstory of the 2 main characters. Even though you may not get a very clear picture if ONLY watch 1st episode, it was far from crap, and was done in purpose too. It just give viewer a glimpse of the fight between Grave & the Millenion syndicate to set a premise of the situation, before go to the background with extensive episodes telling the back story. As I go back and rewatch the first few episodes again, I realized they try hinting a lot of key characters or info here & their for the future plot. But you may dismiss them the first time viewing as you may think they aren't very important. This shows even have more depth in the planning of the story. Often times, I find myself discovering more things like "wait, this is that character in the first episode!". And even though the majority of the early episodes cover mob stories with no high-tech machinery or genetic engineered beasts we see in episode 1 or in the PS2 game, there are a couple scenes here & there that hint something is going on in the background with the genetic technology stuff. Just not very obvious. So even though the focus is on Brandon & Harry, and the people around them, they staged it nicely for the more hi-tech stuff as the story develops more. Really good stuff! If Gungrave keep being this good in the rest of the upcoming DVD releases, it will be my favorite recent show.

I liked this show so much that I even went out to hunt down a used copy of the original Gungrave! Very cool stylish game with awesome cel shaded FMVs. The game is short & gameplay rather simple, but heck of fun! It even has Japanese dialogue with english subtitle, which is perfect for a sub fan like me. Great fun for $17. I also just ordered my Gungrave figure from Twin Moons as well. Guess I'm in a Gungrave frenzy right now. :p

Uhhh....i think i misposted somewhere on this forum. <_<

But uhh....i meant to say if you liked the Gungrave video game, try the sequel Gungrave OD. It was released in English recently but unfortunately, its dubbed, not subbed like the 1st one. :(

Yeah, and the Gungrave:OD only going for a $15 MSRP brand new. An amazing deal for a good shooter. And I think they improved the gameplay quite a bit with more moves, more levels, and more playable characters. But I like the cel-shaded look & art of the original, and I know the OD dub will really get to me. The original also ties in better with the anime. So I picked the old one instead.

But for people who wants more game & doesn't mind the dub, you can't go wrong with Gungrave:Overdose for $15! Looks like not many stores carry it, or they are sold out since they didn't get a whole lot of copies. But you should be able to find them at local EBgames or stores online.

• 3 years later...