What is this "beauty mark" on the...

brainiac_08

i keep hearing about the "beauty mark" on the vf-1s roy's head. What is it?

One of my 1/48 VF-1S had the "pimple". While it shouldn't be there, just use fine grit sandpaper or a file to remove it. You can't even tell it was there on mine anymore.

The seam on the VF-1S head is a dead issue. Unless you like staring at your toys nose to nose, you can't see it at a "normal" viewing distance.

Edited by dejr8bud

Yep, have to agree with that last one. My 1S has a barely visible bump on his face. Only noticed it after I was told to look for it. The seam likewise didn't bother me until I was told it was bad. . . bad. Then it bothered me for about. . . a minute. . . until I realized it doesn't stand out unless you're right up close to it. And even then. . . it's a seam. . . no big whoop. In an ideal world, it wouldn't be there. . . but those complaining about these issues like they ruin the valk I think are a little nuts. Remember, we've got people here that don gloves before they will handle their valks. No kidding!

And. . . the hands! The horrible, horrible hands! I have to say, aside from the "limp-ness" of them, I never noticed anything wrong with them. But suddenly, months/years after they were originally released, suddenly everyone hates the hands! I could be wrong here, but I just don't remember hearing so much about the hands until the Max and Low-Vis. Probably because people were too busy complaining about the earlier QA issues.

It'll always be something. And we'll always enjoy the sweet refrain of: "For that kind of money, it should be perfect!!!"

The only QA issue on the 1/48s that I do think was "out of bounds", but still not a spoiler. . . was the crooked skull(s) on the rear stabilizer. It took them two entire production lines to fix that!

Just buy your valks and love them. They'll love you back. Sweet, sweet love. . . :)

Best Regards,

H

I guess I'm like one of the few people here who likes the face seam. I can't tell if mine has the pimple of if the skulls on the tailfins are crooked. If you're far enough away it all looks good. Most of my friends are just in awe when they see it and don't notice anything wrong with it.

I think Yamato modeled it after my own face, cuz I have the same mole on my face. LOL. Seriously, I was disappointed when I got the one with the beauty mark, but what can you do? I don't want to screw it up by sanding and puttying. I just wish that they sold the heads separately so that I could switch them. But according the the parts list that we can order from, they're not selling heads. Getting head is great don't cha' think? :unsure: