VF-11b Fast Pack

Toonz

I have a VF-11b (non-FP) with me and I've been thinking for a long time that if I should get the Fast Pack version as well.

Is it worth getting? :unsure:

I hardly see it nowadays except for one or two local shops here and it's still selling at a reasonable price.

:unsure:

Edited by Toonz

It's a slightly lighter shade of grey, the UN Spacy emblem on the wing is Tampo printed and it comes with a very nice pilot figure. On the downside, the gunpod is a very yucky shade of green and the FPs are too small (and the wrong shape).

As Jolly Rogers said, if your ver.1 VF-11B hips are fine, then there's really no reason to get the FP version unless you are a completist or can't live without the FPs or pilot.

Personally, I like it, just for the peice of mind the reinforced hips give me and for the cool pilot as well.

Toonz, In case you haven't already read it, I have a review of the VF-11B FP in the toy section here.

Graham

It's a slightly lighter shade of grey, the UN Spacy emblem on the wing is Tampo printed and it comes with a very nice pilot figure. On the downside, the gunpod is a very yucky shade of green and the FPs are too small (and the wrong shape).

As Jolly Rogers said, if your ver.1 VF-11B hips are fine, then there's really no reason to get the FP version unless you are a completist or can't live without the FPs or pilot.

Personally, I like it, just for the peice of mind the reinforced hips give me and for the cool pilot as well.

IMHO, the pilot fig was OK, but at 1/72 scale, it looked like one of the little blue rocks out of my kid's aquarium.

No fault of Yamato, but 1/72 is just too small to show any real detail.

And the FP's are really small.

With Yamato's transformation method, if they made the packs any bigger, you'd have to take them off to transform it. Yeah they're a little tiny, but I forgive them this time. They are much better than the 21's way too big undercarriage fast packs at least.

I like my VF-11. Might get a second one eventually.