just got the 1/48 max tv w/fp.................

calvin

No glaring QC problems with either of mine. I'm with JS though...I think the blue head lasers look like ass. <_< But a nice gunmetal re-paint will take care of that. All in all, I am very happy with mine! :)

Melissa

:lol::lol: (shaking his can of Tamiya Gunmetal, and heading for the laundry room with Max's head....) :lol::lol:

My thoughts exactly Melissa, Max's head lasers will not survive the weekend in their current color.

And as soon as I find a close enough match for the blue paint, neither will that stupid little fin antennae that for some reason they left white.

OK folks, one minor gripe about the Max solved!

Im000804.jpg

In case anyone wants to know, that's Tamiya TS-42 Light Gunmetal. Interestingly enough, it is a damn close match to the metallic color Yamato used around the eyepiece.

Now, on to finding something close to the blue color.....

Edited by Mechamaniac

The pics definitely help... sorry for your disappointment, Calvin... but mine pretty much looks exactly like the one in Hurin's images. I, personally, don't think this paint looks any poorer than any of the 1/48 releases. There are some fuzzy areas but nothing that would detract from my enjoyment of the toy.

That's just my opinion, though. Some people around might be pickier or end up with a bad toy or something.

As for the head lasers... again, maybe I'm just really easy going... but I kinda like 'em blue! :p

Gee, and since yesterday I've been enjoying my new Max when I should've been hating it. :rolleyes:

I haven't noticed any problems with mine. My paint issues came with the DYRL? VF-1S Roy rerelease and Hikaru.

The blue plastic is a bit bright (especially when compared to the VF-1A Max paint) giving it a very toy-like appearance, but it's not too bad. I'm just happy it wasn't the baby blue seen in the prototype photos.

Edited by Draykov

Hehe.. you're complaining about the paint job? :p

1) brought my max home, after taking it out to examine, found out that the landing gear cover on one leg couldn't stay in and kept flopping out. didn't bother

much until closer inspection.... the ppl who joined this MAX together didn't fit the two halves properly at the knee!!!!! :angry: so basically there was a line running down half the leg which allowed you to look into the innards of the leg. Couldn't

press the two halves together either... so back to shop....

2) ... yay! New MAX VF-1J! Pristine! Mint! Wow!.. Wo... waitaminute... something's wrong.... WHY IN THE BLAZES ARE THE FLAPS INVERTED?!?!?!?!

Heck, found out that they gave me TWO LEFT FLAPS!!!!!! sonova.... back to shop!

Changed the left flap for a correct right flap.. yay! MAX is in one piece again!

So that's my MAX nightmare purchase story.... *sigh* I'm sure i was just unlucky. But for those getting the MAX, just check out these few things, cos the only way to do so is to take it out of the box.... poooooooorrrr QC! :angry:

Really, i didn't have any problems with my other purchases.... sad. :(

Holy crap! Check out Kevin's post in the "what's wrong with my Yamato" pinned thread. He opened his Max to find two Left shoulder pieces.

Okay, even I'm getting a bit upset now. My crooked seat was bad enough. . . and sloppy paint I can understand a bit. . . but this whole using the wrong parts thing is just lame.

H

dam!!! what the hell did they do change assembly locations? this isn't good! it's hit and miss,a mine feild in the yamato playground, look below... it's the end of quality as we know it:o :o:o:o .................save the children :blink:

Alright...the first 1/48 Super VF1J Max I crack open has two right shoulder plates aseembled. As a result, my left should plate is showing the screws in the front. :angry:

Anyone who has two left shoulder plates, I'd love to do a swap...Please PM me...

-Kevin

When the first 1/48 came out (Hikaru 1A), mine came with two right shoulders too. Kevin hooked me up with a left shoulder and arm from his personal 1A, and I sent him my "extra" left shoulder and arm. So far this is the ONLY problem I've had with the 1/48 line.... Haven't got a Max yet though...

Hmmm, looking at Kevin's list in the "What's Wrong" pinned thread, I guess so far we can't say for sure that the Max is any worse than prior releases. Unless, of course, you buy into the paint problems as being particularly egregious.

Interesting list Kevin! Thanks for posting it!

H

just got my forth max 1/48 vf-1j today and well, I give up they are all bad,very bad those that got the good ones are lucky! this one is going back...............fast, it's heat sheild is cracked,the front of the left knee gaurd is scraped(like 40% of the paint is off,like it peeled) and one head lazer is bent w/ stress mark.....plus the paint thing!

I hope the big red release is better............... <_<;) I'll buy one from kevin,that's most likely it for the millia 1/48 unless this is fixed?

*edit.............looked more closely at the paint and it looked like oily residue under the part that didn't stick(knee paint)? man I get tierd of these things........

Edited by calvin

I'm noticing my bad luck! <_< o'well life is just like that? all the other yamato toys I got are great........maybe it's karma,you know it will get ya! maybe i shouldn't trip old ladies and pretend to hold doors for people! :p (joke!,maybe!) o'well I'm going to go floss my brain :blink:

holly crap I found a good max today, found it at a import shop, very cool! anyway, after all that I got one with almost perfect paint and no construction flaws, :o:D it's the 5th try for me but I just wanted a near perfect one........I can't do custom work to save my life!

hope all get a good quality max :D

Wasn't there a time when construction flaw on toys were considered rare and collector's items??

:lol:

Of course in Yamato's case, its common thus defeats the purpose of being a collector's item.....