Hi,I am a Rookir and I need information please¡¡¡¡

Taric

Hi well,I am from Chile i am rookie in the macross robotech toys,and i would like to ask you any information about the different toy line mark,for example;

Can you tell me wich toy line(Bandai,Yamato,etc)you think are the best??

Wich toys are the most "hard to find"???

And,the other day i saw the robotech series again,and suddenly on very next moment after rick escape with lisa through the centraedy fortress came out the escape,he drive a rare Macross valkirye...suddenly this machine start to launch missils for all over body part,can you tell me the name of this model???

Well, thats it,sory for my InnGlish,jeje.Thans,

Héctor.

OK well my opinions.

The Bandai brand valkyrie is the most sturdy, toughest Valk toy out there, they are not nearly as detailed as many of the other available toys but they have their place.

The Yamato series 1/48 series is the most detailed, "nifty" Valkyrie around, they are much more expensive though and they are more fragile than the Bandai.

Banpresto are disposable Valks, you want something to play with on your desk at work, something to strap a firecracker to and lauch into the atmosphere, or just something to give to the kids to play with and break then these are the ticket.

For rarity you should go to the main page of this site and look up the collection, Shawn and Graham (The generous souls who have provided this place for us to congregate) have posted an extensive museum of Valk's and their prices/rarity, do a little looking around, I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Hey Hector... there's a ton of differences between Bandai, Yamato, etc... do you some research - there's reviews of each all over the web. Or tons of members will fall all over themselves fairly soon explaining which toy they like best.

As for this -

And,the other day i saw the robotech series again,and suddenly on very next moment after rick escape with lisa through the centraedy fortress came out the escape,he drive a rare Macross valkirye...suddenly this machine start to launch missils for all over body part,can you tell me the name of this model???

That would be a VF-1J Hikaru with GBP armor. Takatoku released GBP armor for the 1/55 years ago, but it can be expensive to get.

Or you can get Yamato's upcoming 1/60 VF-1J w/ GBP armor that's due out in May.

Welcome to the boards!

Hi well,I am from Chile i am rookie in the macross robotech toys,and i would like to ask you any information about the different toy line mark,for example;

Héctor.

ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha -gasp- hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha aha hah ahahah aha hah ha a hh aaha -wheeze- (pass out)

P.S. to all y'all MWers who will undoubtedly find my response offinsive, at least I didn't chew him out about checkin' the boards or doin' his own research... my laughter is at all the predictable responses about what makes Bandai better or Yamato better or Toynami not so bad that will be repeated over and over again.... (feel free to prove me wrong, I'd enjoy the change!)

Edited by DrClay

oh boy.... talk about "opening a can of worms"

There is a comprehensive "Toy" section available on the Home page of Macrossworld Here is the link ... I reccomend you check that out for pictures. But I'll give you a lowdown to get you started.

And now for a crash course in Macross toy history.

Basically, there are 3 lines of MACROSS toys and 1 line of ROBOTECH toys. *MOST* people on this website consider the Robotech line of toys to be tragically inferior to the others, and so will be discussed last.

Macross toys:

Takatoku- The oldest Macross-Valkyrie toys available. These are sturdy and are in 1/55 scale. They've stood the test of time and many that are in original condition are as good a quality now as they were 20 years ago. Highly collectable and VERY rare. The VF-1S Super Valkyrie set that they made is considered the "Holy Grail" of Macross toy collectables.

Bandai- Also available in 1/55 scale. These molds are near identical to the Takatoku line, but are slightly newer. In the past few years, they have reissued several of the original Takatoku valkyries. These things are probably the most sturdy of all Valkyrie toys available. Decals are all painted on and will probably still be in excellent shape well into the 2030s.... a solid buy! in the mid 1980s, they also produced a 1/72 "High Complete" version. Before the advent of Yamato valkyries, these were considered the most well-detailed versions available (if a bit small)

NOTE: Bandai and Takatoku Valkyries look very similar, as Bandai bought Takatoku's molds when the company folded. Not quite as accurate as Yamato's, but most people don't seem to mind.

Yamato- The new kid on the block. These guys provide excellent detail on valkyrie products in 2 different scales. 1/60 and 1/48. Quality *can* be spotty on some of their products, but by and large most people that buy a Yamato are happy with it. the 1/48 scale Yamato VF-1 line is considered the "king" of Macross toys at the moment.... but it is also among the most expensive contemporary toy available.

Overview:

Takatoku- High Quality, High Value, Hard to find, Not-so-accurate design

Bandai- Highest Quality, Reissues of originals that were hard to find, again.. not so accurate design

Yamato- Highest detail, Best design... probably the lowest quality of the three (not BAD... just not as good as Takatoku or Bandai), only company CURRENTLY producing Macross valkyries. Often high-priced, but most consider it worth the price.

Now if you insist on having a "Robotech" labelled toy, there is one option. a line called "Toynami" produces a "Masterpiece" VF-1 "Veritech" line that is also available in 1/55 scale. These are considered to have the lowest quality of a large-scale Valkyrie toy so far. They are no longer in production (so far as I know) and were supposed to be a "limited" run (which turned out being not-so-limited). ONLY get one of these if you insist on having a Robotech-labelled toy.... otherwise, get a Bandai or Yamato. The quality is many times better and the prices are comparable. Only a few people on this website have been happy with their "Masterpiece" VF-1 toys..

If you're going to get one and ONLY one Valkyrie toy.... DEFINATELY go for the Yamato 1/48 scale VF-1 line. These things are huge, they have lots of detail, they're pretty well constructed.

Edited by Skull Leader

Hi Taric.

In spanish for you.

Mejor me envias in PM (Personal Message) por medio de MW o me escribes a spolil@vip.sina.com con todas las dudas que tengas respecto de los juguetes, modelos y otros de Macross (los tengo todos.. hehehe :ph34r: ) .

No hagas caso a las respuestas de algunos de nuestros miembros, mejor dejarles ser... en internerd abundan los "matones" :rolleyes:

Sera un placer tener un compatriota en estos foros, de hecho somos muy pocos, creo que tres.

Cualquier ayuda no dudes en contactarme!

Sebastian

I still see that some of you cant help but throw in your own bias negativity instead of dow to toy reviews. Do you guys actuall want new members not to come back?

Yeah, cant agree more. In fact there is people complaining about the good ol' days of MW and asking where are the old guys. Well I have been here since the very beggining, and no wonder why so many good ol guys left.

how are they negative? the MPC IS the lowest quality VF-1 toy. Its rather obvious i hav e 2 of them that i enjoy but cant help but realize my 1/.48 and 1/55s are much mroe durable and satisfying.

for a unbiaseed review cgeck ginrais.

www.masterforce.org.

overall dude if u need one and cheapget a bandai. MPC will piss u off, 1.48 is pricey, bandai is original reissue and classic and durable and looks better than anyhthing until rthe 1.48

get a bandai

how are they negative? the MPC IS the lowest quality VF-1 toy. Its rather obvious i hav e 2 of them that i enjoy but cant help but realize my 1/.48 and 1/55s are much mroe durable and satisfying.

for a unbiaseed review cgeck ginrais.

www.masterforce.org.

overall dude if u need one and cheapget a bandai. MPC will piss u off, 1.48 is pricey, bandai is original reissue and classic and durable and looks better than anyhthing until rthe 1.48

get a bandai

In your and others opinion, give him a review of the toy, not what you think. Thats what a true review is. I see the MPS better in every way compared to the 1/60 but thats my opinion and I dont force it on everybody.

Nope you force your opinion. Otherwise why do you always complain that we bash too much when we clearly pointed out valid points about teh MPC here?Look at all the macross toys out there. you mean to tell me the MPC is the highest quality? Sorry buddy it ain't. I got 2 MPC's, 1 1/60, a bandai reissue hikaru, JETFIRE g1, and 1 1/48. I can say for certain the G1 Jetfire who is old as I am(20) bought 2ND hand in playhed with condition, is a higher quality then the MPC. MY rick MPC has loose thighs. Real loose. The plastic on the feet is wearing down and I did not notice till i realized thart the feet were PAINTED not molded in grey!

My g1 jetfire again which is 20 yrs old has MUCH MUCH TIGHTER LEG RATCHETS. So tight the damnn thing never needed any magnets whatsoever. Same goes for my bandai reissue. Does my rickj MPC whichn i bought brand new do? hell no it dont. My Ben MPC is much better than rick but the quality is inconsistent. that aint a freaking biased remark thats the freakin TRUTH. Quality is inconsistent. Thats the TRUTH. bear in mind I do enjoy my MPCs but I will call any product out on whats wrong.

1/60 has loose hips too but with that its swap transformation and hell i got my 1/48 so i pretty much leave 160 just to display.

bandai has BEST quality out of all even the 1/48. Durable and once again TIGHT ratchets. this is thr TRUTH not no biased remarks n crap. You cant tell me the MOPC is more durable or just as durable as the bandai kuz it aint. Its just not.

dont even call me an MPC basher kuz I too rank it above the 1/60 in PLAYABILITY. 1/48 and 1/55 are FAR FAR superior. How can they be inferior? that aint biased thats IMPOSSIBLE

In your and others opinion, give him a review of the toy, not what you think. Thats what a true review is. I see the MPS better in every way compared to the 1/60 but thats my opinion and I dont force it on everybody.

Ummm... APU. Look up.

Taric specifically asked:

So yes, he was asking for personal opinion. Get off of your high horse and pay attention before whining about someone's reply, geez!

Edited by the white drew carey

Taric,

What kind of budget are you on?

If you are looking for a Valkyrie that you can put up as a display, then you really should look at Yamato. They have decent detail, and have above average durability. The 1/48th scale editions have excellent detail and above average durability. You also need to get a bank loan to get one ;)

I'm not too familiar with Takatoku or Bandai. The closest I can remember having to them was a Transformer toy called Jetfire. If you want a toy that you can rough around with, go for one of those. They are relatively affordable, and the quality isn't too shabby.

hope it helps...

I thnink this dude wants like a toy to enjoy to START with., Hahhah save the 1/48 for desert. lol.

ok. if you want to start get a bandai. those rule. I feel that even with the 1/48 the chu8nky monkeys are hella cool to fiddle with and not worry about them breaking. I dont give a shi* what anyone else says for accuracy, to me it looks DAMN accurate..look at that nose and side profile...oh bueaitufl profound sticking out bacjk pack hinges, oh the articulation and NON moveable non loose fingers...alwyas lovable and hell it started it all!(leasr the mold its based on did!) not to mention it looks awesome nad durable and obvkously highest quality manufacturing wise

now if u got the big bucks and u want a lil more get the 1/48. HELL YEA. all i can say

skip the 1/60 and MPC. once you have the 1/55 and 1/48 u can forget the 1/60 and MPC even existed.

Hey Hector... there's a ton of differences between Bandai, Yamato, etc... do you some research - there's reviews of each all over the web. Or tons of members will fall all over themselves fairly soon explaining which toy they like best.

As for this -

That would be a VF-1J Hikaru with GBP armor. Takatoku released GBP armor for the 1/55 years ago, but it can be expensive to get.

Or you can get Yamato's upcoming 1/60 VF-1J w/ GBP armor that's due out in May.

Welcome to the boards!

Doesn't quite jibe with the actual sequence of events in the series. Hikaru/Rick uses the GPB-1S in Miss Macross, which is BEFORE First Contact, thus before the escape from the Zentradi fortress (Bodolza's base). You're probably right, though, and Hector is forgetting the sequence. (Or the eps are aired out of sequence in his area or something.)

I think getting any Valk in South america is over 100 bucks,

I once saw in a store selling anime and manga stuff a Bandai 1/55 VF-1A Hikaru Reissue for 100 dollars and they only got toys upon request.

The store close after some months...

I had opportunities to buy old Takatokus, Bandais, the first Yamatos (M+), old Matchbox Robotech lines, and etc... but didn't at those times due to budget constraints even though I loved Macross since the day it was released.

My first Valkyrie toy (after 20+ years) was a Yamato 1/48 and I never looked back. No regrets knowing I have THE reference Valkyrie. Good durability, high details, high quality and fully transformable.

My 2nd choice would be a Yamato 1/60 due to budget reasons.

My third choice would be the classic Takatoku, Bandai originals or a re-issue. No doubt the best in durability and is THE OG of all Valkyries with beautiful classic packaging and incredible design for it's time.

I wish Yamato would make their boxes like those OG Takatokus / Bandais.

Forget the rest. It's crap for your money and yes, I've held up that MPC in my hands before I made this statement. Had to chemical burn my hands and waiting for new skin to grow back on. :D

Disclaimer: These are my opinions and my opinions alone. I do not consider these opinions to be the absolute and only expression of the topic matter and do respect other's opinions which may contradict and differ from my epression. Feel free to post your own opinions but don't use my expressions as launchpads to senseless bashing and OT threads. Thank you.

Edited by Neova

Disclaimer: These are my opinions and my opinions alone. I do not consider these opinions to be the absolute and only expression of the topic matter and do respect other's opinions which may contradict and differ from my epression. Feel free to post your own opinions but don't use my expressions as launchpads to senseless bashing and OT threads. Thank you.

so sad, we need disclaimers now... :ph34r:

I still see that some of you cant help but throw in your own bias negativity instead of dow to toy reviews. Do you guys actuall want new members not to come back?

Yeah, cant agree more. In fact there is people complaining about the good ol' days of MW and asking where are the old guys. Well I have been here since the very beggining, and no wonder why so many good ol guys left.

You've got a point. Btw, IMHO, get a Yammie 1/48.

Edited by Angel's Fury

Héctor.

Welcome to Macrossworld. You'll find a lot of good valkryie advice here, and please disregard the people who take your thread off topic just to whine about criticisms of their favorite valkyrie.