Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

bandit29

April 14,2004 - Chicago, IL - Manga Entertainment and Bandai Entertainment announce their joint DVD release of the first volume of the highly anticipated anime series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on July 27th. The series was co-produced by both Manga and Bandai and created by the revered animators at Japan's Production I.G (Kill Bill, Ghost in the Shell). Directed by Kenji Kamiyama (Blood: The Last Vampire, Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade) with music by Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop), GITS:SAC Volume 1 will feature the first four half-hour episodes of the explosive 26 episode sci-fi series. The complete series will be released bi-monthly and presented on seven DVD volumes over the next year along with a subsequent U.S. cable television broadcast on Cartoon Network.

This all-new futuristic anime series continues the story of the acclaimed anime feature film Ghost in the Shell which was based on the popular manga by Masamune Shirow. Female cyborg Major Motoko Kusanagi and her fellow police officers of Section 9 hunt down a host of criminals in both the real and online worlds. In the first four episodes Kusanagi and Section 9 must resolve a hostage crisis, hunt down a runaway state-of-the-art killing machine, solve a mystery behind recent android suicides and investigate a high level conspiracy involving a mysterious computer hacker. Set in the not too distant future where technology plays a key role in everyday life, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex utilizes the latest in full CG animation presenting illustrious characters and meticulous design along with dramatic animated action.

Encoded directly from high-definition masters, each DVD volume will be released in two versions. The GITS: SAC Volume 1 - Standard Edition will contain one disc featuring four thirty-minute episodes presented in anamorphic widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1 English & Japanese surround sound, English subtitles, interview with director Kenji Kamiyama, interview with Atsuko Tanaka (Japanese voice of Motoko), trailers and weblinks.

The GITS:SAC Volume 1 - Special Edition will contain three discs in collectors packaging along with a Special Edition booklet. Disc one will contain the original Standard Edition DVD. Disc two will contain four thirty-minute episodes presented in anamorphic widescreen, English and Japanese DTS 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo. Disc three will contain the original series soundtrack CD. Each new DVD volume released will feature new interviews from the production team and acting talent of the series.

"Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" has recently made its debut on Japanese television and will begin airing in the U.S. on Cartoon Network's late night Adult Swim block later this year. Visit www.ghostintheshell.tv for previews, trailer, contests, information and more.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Volume One DVD

Standard Edition: Running Time: 120 minutes

SRP: $24.95 / Barcode: 6-69198-25200 (6)

Special Edition: Running Time: 120 minutes

SRP: $59.95 / Barcode: 6-69198-25220 (4)

http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=329

Me thinks I will just be getting the regular edition since I don't have DTS.

both discs will be in anamorphic widescreen

Silly me. I read wrong (or mis-interpreted).

:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing out my folly, dejr8bud. I can always count on you to keep my feet on the ground!

:)

trust me you aint the only one. I had to reread that PR a few times. Members at AOD forums were confused too. 60.00 is alot though.

Bring on the Tachikoma Specials!

Waaah! :lol:

Waaah!  :lol:

Best. Avatar. Ever. :lol:

Agreed. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

An update from Animeondvd:

The price on the listing for the SE was wrong.

GitS: SAC Update (02:18 PM EST): After the announcement yesterday, we went and talked briefly with Bandai Entertainment about it. According to them, the special edition release will list for $49.95 and not the listed $59.95 in the press release. We also got confirmation that the entire series will be done in DTS and there are multiple special editions planned, though no details given on what would be in them. 

I expect TRSI's listing should be updated soon as well.

Waaah!  :lol:

Best. Avatar. Ever. :lol:

Agreed. :lol:

Thanks! But it is however a rework from a .gif that someone else had ripped. :p

I found it here: http://images.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=home...DUTF-8%26sa%3DN and done some ImageReady to resize and put a frame on it. :)

Yup. They did.

The GITS:SAC SE-version is now price at $37.46

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/ca...tem/62807/4/0/0

That's still a bit much for just one DVD with only a few episodes... :(

Oh well, I'll just wait for the results of the lottery at the end of this month. <_<B));)

That's still a bit much for just one DVD with only a few episodes...  :(

Oh well, I'll just wait for the results of the lottery at the end of this month.  <_<  B))  ;)

Erm, that's not for one dvd with a couple of episodes - that's for three disk special edition, one dvd with four episodes and 5.1 sound, one dvd with the same four episodes but with DTS sound and the first soundtrack album.

The standard single dvd with the first four episodes is just $18.

Edited by Panon

That's still a bit much for just one DVD with only a few episodes...  :(

Oh well, I'll just wait for the results of the lottery at the end of this month.  <_<  B))  ;)

Erm, that's not for one dvd with a couple of episodes - that's for three disk special edition, one dvd with four episodes and 5.1 sound, one dvd with the same four episodes but with DTS sound and the first soundtrack album.

The standard single dvd with the first four episodes is just $18.

Oh uhm, thanks. :)

It now moves to the "Affordable" section of my wish list. :lol: