Progress shots VF 11b BATTROID

Sam

Well, heres the other project Im doing at the same time, the 1/144 scale bandai VF11b Battroid!

These cewl figs are really easy to fit together, and have a few seams but overall its not too much of a pain, but they are fun cuz they can be done reletivily quickly!! :D

This first shot is basically after basecoat grey and putting on darker panel lining.. this will be feathered out with light grey over the top. Thats an idea again from William!(thanks) :)

I must say the sprues you get the models on are really helpfull when doubled up with blue tak for holding what you are painting! heh

post-3-1081677587.jpg

This is after feathering it out a bit.. takes away the high contrast, but still leave a bit there for interest... :)

it seems to be a bit grainy, the paint... im thinking its a bit too old or dried out, but till my new paints arrive in the mail im kinda too impatient to wait, needed to do something while i had time off!!

post-3-1081677704_thumb.jpg

and this is the last pic tonight.. its basically showing off the colour im doing the fast packs, (metallic as opposed to flat grey as shown... I paint how i like mostly ! lol)

also did some hand detailing of the lines of black and red.. turned out ok, I find that thinning the paint right down but not to 'wash' thin, but still with more paint than thinner, and using a fine brush lets you get reasonably straight lines! Good if there is a groove to follow too :)

Doing the silver on the visor trick here as well, im soooo looking forward to seeing how the clear green shows up on this on such a small figure..>!!

Anyhoo, thanks for looking, feedback is my lifesblood :)

Sam

post-3-1081677949_thumb.jpg

thanks guys, im looking forward to putting the wash on it =) rest assured when theres something more to look at I will post it :)

Thnks

Sam

Thanks mate =)

well here is what is basically my final product, unless i think of something else I need to do!

The little emblem on the heatsheild was a hand paint, no stickers or decals, so be nice :)

Theres a couple of touchups to be done, but hey, please enjoy the pics!

*oh, i have that clear green on silver trick, man, its cool!! couldn't resist putting some on the rifle! LOL*

post-3-1082008654_thumb.jpg

hmm, forgot something..

tail fins in blue !

*please just excuse this oversight, =)*

so im happy with it for the most part, kinda wish the panel lines were a bit deeper cuz it took a LONG time to get the oil fine enough to sit there, and I had already done my major shading and didn't want to use my panel saws to get it deeper..

So what do you think?

Sam

That's awesome! I'm currently repainting my VF-11. I just need to get some clear coat and some new brushes. B))

Thanks for the compliment Fanboy :D

Repainting? These little guys are hard enough to paint well the 1st time, let alone going at it twice :D:D What colour did u go with?

i keep looking at it on my desk just loving the look of this guy... gotta get my finger out and make all my 1/144s so i can make the proper diaroma! Want to do the stealth in nato black, the first one I did was glossy, which doesn't look right...

Also have another 11b that I was going to do up in white/red or white/yellow. Gotta have Roy colours on each valk hehe

Sam

:) thanks. Me likes friendly feedback :)

i stared doing mylenes valk, and didn't have the instructions, and i ended up gluing the wrong poly joint in!! thankfully I just replaced the knife blade in my hobby knife, and the glue wasn't set completely *sigh*

It will probably be my next 'progress shots' one, other than my little Super deformed Armoured 1J I got up as well, need to put up its next shot.. too tired now but..work tomorrow.. ugh...

So are we gonna be able to get that models gallery done? I iwll have to repaint my old models with the techniques i have now though before i post anythign other than what everyone has already seen...LOL

I hope we can but, in all seriousness :)

Sam

That's awesome!  I'm currently repainting my VF-11.  I just need to get some clear coat and some new brushes. B))

Thanks for the compliment Fanboy :D

Repainting? These little guys are hard enough to paint well the 1st time, let alone going at it twice :D:D What colour did u go with?

i keep looking at it on my desk just loving the look of this guy... gotta get my finger out and make all my 1/144s so i can make the proper diaroma! Want to do the stealth in nato black, the first one I did was glossy, which doesn't look right...

Also have another 11b that I was going to do up in white/red or white/yellow. Gotta have Roy colours on each valk hehe

Sam

I'm gonna go with a light gray, almost what you did. I already stripped all of the paint from the fighter, I just have to work on getting the paint off on the Battroid. :ph34r: And I'm running out of thinner. The original colors were red, glossy black and white. It was poorly done. It was pretty much a Hikaru paint scheme. I'm gonna try and make it look like Isamu's Thunderbolt this time around and now I'm sure I'll be able to weather it. :)

EXCELLENT Sam!!! Did you say that you handpainted the heatshield? It looks great!!!

*beams a smile*

Thanks for the compliment, yeh, I had to paint it like that cuz there was no stickers or decals. :)

At least its a fairly 'basic' emblem so i was lucky :D

Sam