Progress Shots Armoured SD 1 J

Sam

Well, after months of having lost this thing, I finally had found it and have been having a crack at it! This little baby is kinda like the joke machines in that it can transform between modes, and has removeable armour.

its bout the same size as those little sd figures on the keyrings, if you remember when they came out a couple years back! quite cool for the size!

Anyways, bought this from Rob,aka MonkeyNugget, thanks very much, and heres my progress so far from the last coupla days, so enjoy! Feedback appreciated as always!

post-3-1081676792_thumb.jpg

This is basically where all sanding was done and was doing base coat for the armour... man i hate sanding..... specially when i have to use glue as my only putty at the moment...*its in the mail, so no ones allowed to pic on any seams or nutting :D *

I normally only do darker panel lining, but this time went dark and used lighter colour for the edges the way its supposed to be done i guess :p

Had to use flash so the shading could be seen... i love shading.. its such a cool effect to see straight away.. quite satisfying.. UNLIKE sanding..heheh

post-3-1081676990_thumb.jpg

Next i did up the shading on the red parts on the armour. thought i better dress him up cuz hes a bit naked without being painted *the valk itself i mean.. my white paint is also in the mail.. heh*

There is still plenty to be done, like panel lining with oils and stuff, and oh, thanks to Williams idea of putting reflective silver in visors, i have the silver in but am , guess what, WAITING for my clear green in the mail. But the armour is almost done, just need to do the valk hey.. :)

but just sharing this while the g/f is out of the house, I can do my dorky things LOL :D

Well, thats it for now, please check out my other model im doing at the moment as well, the VF-11b Battroid! got to have two going at once cuz the whole 'waiting for paint to dry ' thing..

Thanks for looking ! feedback is appreciated! :)

Sam

post-3-1081677325.jpg

Probably haven't done enough on this figure to really see, but I have basically started paintin the actual valk now, I base coated the white,then shaded with grey, but notice how theres 'too much' grey. I need to do a re coat in white to elimate some of the grey, feather it out so to speak, which im finding hard to do with these small models! 1/72 is so much easier ! :D:D:D

The armour is basically finished except the shoulder missiles, im still waiting for some putty to arrive to fix something, and I got to use the green and silver for the eye piece, looks cool! but need to tidy up around the edges by hand, do a oil wash for details, dull coat it, and will be done!

Thanks for looking! Comments welcome as always =)

Sam

post-3-1082192169_thumb.jpg

Valk view... damn i need to do those panel lines badly.. just too tired to be bothered till my next day off lol!

post-3-1082192316_thumb.jpg

1J with bodyguard

:D

*side note: this batau figure is effin AWESOME! non poseable, but really well done!

Sam

post-3-1082192417_thumb.jpg

I kinda did it both ways. :D

The armour I did in the dark blue colour, then highlighted edges, and with the valk*so far* I did the body its white then shaded the grey,.. but I end up going over in white again anyway, until im satisfied! B))

I just got my liquid putty last night, and im experimenting in filling up little 'indentations' that are above the leg, on the outside of the leg? U know where i mean? Also the body didn't join very well, had a terrible seam and while it cant be seen for the most part, its a good experiment for getting techniques down :):)

I will take some shots tonight after I have cleaned up the putty to indicate, but it works well so far :)

So have u started painting?

Sam

heh, yeh, he is. :lol:

Now i just got my putty from the other day, and have used putty for basically the first time, and its really good! its the curving putty in a tube, and am also using it for building up resin figure models... good stuff!

The following pix show the front nose and legs, how there were massive gaps in both, but thanks to the magic of putty, are only a memory! :)

post-3-1082328673_thumb.jpg

sorry bout this blurry shot, it should show where the putty has filled the massive hole above the leg...

post-3-1082329454_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

last shot for now showing the shoulder armour which needs to be filed out so it will sit on the shoulder without scratching paint off or anything,.. its such a tight fit!

but thats it for now, got to go to work, but hopefully tomorrow, my day off, I will be able to do more and start painting it up more, make it look good, now some of the darn sanding is out of the way! :p

Sam

post-3-1082329021_thumb.jpg

Well, another day, another spray :)

I didn't like how the shading came up before, so I used the tamiya colour 'smoke' and did the panel lining over the fresh coat of white I put on after I had puttied up*still not the best puttier, but getting there :) *

I am really happy how it looks actually! being a see through colour that tints, its quite effective I think B))

Anyhoo, I also have in my new box of paints the Gunmetal, basically black mixed with silver chrome,and titanium silver, which i proceeded to do up the gunpod in, to give it a nice 'used metal rifle' look. First layer in Gunmetal, then drybrush titanium, if you can call my technique 'dry'.. i like it liberal LOL... im quite

happy how it turned out as well! :):)

All that is really left I guess it to do oil wash, add the red hikaru stripe details, few clear coats in matte, and a little bit of touch up colour. Oh, details like the number painting as well!

Let me know what y'all think! Hopefully will be finished completely by the weekend...

Sam :)

post-3-1082468520_thumb.jpg

Hmm, doesn't seem to be any love for this thread. :( bit dissapointing but oh well, anyways,...

Well, just spent the last 3 or less hours doing oil washes for both this guy and Mospeada Ride Armour, and did a little bit of tidying up onthe edges using cotton ear buds and paint brush with thinners.. so most lines are where they should be.. :)

Just need to let it dry for a day or so, then I can fix up any over seepage of the oils, then clear coat to protect the guy! B))

**oh, and i also want ot fix his visor, it looks kinda fugly at the moment, i reckon i can do it better now i have done most of everything else i was leaving it to the last minute to fix ! heh***

Soon he will be sitting proudly in my dragon cabinet... ! B))

Sam

post-3-1082645044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

aww, thanks guys. :) Was worried no one really wanted to see a Super Deformed progress, maybe there was no love for the little guys, so if it didn't get any hits, was not gonna worry bout posting on it. So if u r still getting a kick out of it, I will still post :) easy B))

hopefully tonight it will be dry enough in the oil wash to clear coat, but really all that means is that it will be dry enough for me to play with :lol: thats what I want to do, take photos of armour on, armour off, valk mode, etc, as a final collage of how cool this thing really is ;)

So thanks asianlove and Dyo, and Dyo, just wondering, did u start painting yet urs? Or not had the time? I think i went to bed at like one in the morning last night after doing oils n stuffing round,.. thats the only way, but oooooo, doesn't the sunlight become your enemy the next morning.. :lol:

Sam

So thanks asianlove and Dyo, and Dyo, just wondering, did u start painting yet urs? Or not had the time? I think i went to bed at like one in the morning last night after doing oils n stuffing round,.. thats the only way, but oooooo, doesn't the sunlight become your enemy the next morning.. :lol:

Sam

sam,

no i haven't painted my kit. no time. too busy with family.

also i'm in the market for a compressor. i'm thinking of getting an iwata (sprint or smart) and suggestion?

post pix when you're done

thanks,

d

Hey, well, I actually have a brand called "holder", so cant offer any real advice on those models of aircompressor u mentioned sorry :unsure:

I guess its more in the technique of ur airbrushing, thats the hard part cuz all those compressors will blow air, and so long as it holds it pressure for your longest single spray*which they all will really* you'll be right.. :D

Im noticing with each model, I can see where i have been influenced/inspired by the models done on this website, and each one is like a guidepost, sorry if this sounds introspective, but its true.. constantly evolving..! :) I hope u do a couple of tests on paper before bringing it near your model, and I can say this for sure, be fussy with your paint consistency, its important. Annoying, sometimes hard, but always important...!

Im an hour off from posting my final pics! It will basically be

Valk, Gerwalk, Battroid,

Then

Armoured Battroid, Half armoured Valk, half armoured valk!

if u need a closeup of anything, let me knw here and I will try and do it before posting..

Adios B))

Sam

Well, here tis.. final posting on this subject... :unsure:

may i present, :blink:

SUPER DEFORMED VF-1J ARMOURED TYPE !!!! B))B))B)):blink:

Fully panel lined by airbrush, :)

Oil washed into applicable recesses, :)

pin striped in Hikarus colours :)

Metallic Paint to gunpod and thrusters :)

Reflective Visor :)

And its a handy palm sized model that transforms! :D

So how does it measure up now? ? B))

Sam

post-3-1082803931_thumb.jpg