Unliscensed Invid Miniatures?

first off the link

http://www.griffinminiatures.biz/sci-fi-cravid.htm

as you can see, these are from Robotech/Macross - called Invid i think...

this company, Griffin Miniatures is calling them Cravid... i'm guessing a cross between the words (crayfish and invid? )

point is they are direct ripoffs from Big West material...

just thought you guys might want a heads up... who knows... maybe i'll get some new Destroids and Veritechs to use in my BattleTech games...

is this allowed at all?

or do they not know any better?

first off the link

this company, Griffin Miniatures is calling them Cravid... i'm guessing a cross between the words (crayfish and invid? )

just thought you guys might want a heads up... who knows... maybe i'll get some new Destroids and Veritechs to use in my BattleTech games...

is this allowed at all?

Firstly, this should be in the "others" section.

Secondly, Big West has nothing to do with it. Harmony Gold has the rights to this stuff and given thier track record I'm sure thell take legal action.

first off the link

is this allowed at all?

Well 1stly, they're from Mospeada/Robotech, not Macross. And, I don't know if Big West holds the copyrights to Mospeada,but HG would definately bitch about it, though this company seems to be pretty small and looks fan-made.

Tatsunoko Productions (Japan) or Harmony Gold (everywhere that isn't Japan) could hit them up, but Toynami who have the toy/model rights to Mospeada the world over would probably have the most to lose from these guys and more motivation to strike.

Assuming a judge wouldn't rule that enough changes had been made...

Cyc

those look like generic crab-men...

Generic crab men are lame! A friend of mine had Generic Crab Men infesting his groin region and he had to go to the Dr.

And there have. The things definately are inspired by the Invid Scouts, but not enough so its a serious ripoff. Ive seen FAR closer things inspired by other things get away with it...

It doesn't help their cause they also mention their hive based though :)

Cyc