Who wants 1/48 YF-21?

to177

I have been searching endlessly for this kit and then stumble upon animebox where they have it listed, but out of stock.

So I contacted them and found out if there was a total of 20 orders, that will be enuf to push them to reproduce this beautiful kit. The recast kit will cost $224. Given the original kit was going for $400 at wonder fest a few years back, I'll take the recast.

Anyone here who are interested in getting this kit, please let me know. I'll need at least 18 more orders to make this happend.

Your feedback or comments are welcome.

to177

I have been searching endlessly for this kit and then stumble upon animebox where they have it listed, but out of stock.

So I contacted them and found out if there was a total of 20 orders, that will be enuf to push them to reproduce this beautiful kit. The recast kit will cost $224. Given the original kit was going for $400 at wonder fest a few years back, I'll take the recast.

Anyone here who are interested in getting this kit, please let me know. I'll need at least 18 more orders to make this happend.

Your feedback or comments are welcome.

to177

Please do you post pics?

*lightbulb* :o I believed "VF-1S Alpha" has a recast kit of the 1/48 YF-21. Although I wonder how a recast of a recast will turn out. :rolleyes:

You might be right Jesse regarding the details of the 1/48 compare to the 1/72 scale. From the pic I've seen in Model section, it does not come w/ any optional weapons or pilot either :( Kinda of sucks since it's such a big kit that should be screaming with details and options. Regardless, it's still a nice kit. *sigh*

maybe we can do a recast project like the one that's being done for the koenig? maybe carl hoff would let us borrow his kit? :D

Well I'm in the middle of a move at the moment. My kits are still in TX and I'm in MS. Give me a couple months to get moved and unpacked and I'd be willing. Besides isn't one big recast project for MacrossWorld at a time enough. If you all are willing to wait a bit I'm more then happy to help.

Carl

one at a time is probably more then enough...besides...Im in the middle of 4! :) But...yes...I didn't think of it at first...and I would be happy to buy one if we get 20 buyers...but I would guess we could cut that price in half (maybe more...maybe less...depending on the number of parts...which I am not familer with) if we recast it ourselves and get a decent number of buyers...the molds should turn out 20 castings...so the mold investment is split 20 ways...might be worth doing....Carls offer is very generous...but a recast of a good recast would also be fine. You will get some generational shrinkage, but we are only talking one extra level...so I think it's reasonable...and honestly, I would rather work with a good recast (if someone has one) then Carl's original...which is worth quite a bit more. If Carls game someday its a wonderful offer...and I would not expect to break anything..but you do get into spots like you are best off (in some cases) cleaning off sprues and flash...and fixing problems before casting 20 kits...someone with a recast who wants to share and is going to build it probably would not mind doing that, or having it done...I would not want to ask Carl to do that. Just a thought.

I was about to reply and say yes but Carl is right about a big re-cast project. One thing is we don't know how animebox's quality is, unless someone here has a re-cast kit. I would rather have Carl and MWer take on the project, after the VB6 is done.

Actually, I rather wait to see if we can procure D'Stance's Perfect Variable 1/48 YF-21! After that, all we need is a 1/48 Perfect Variable VF-4, VF-11C and YF-19 to complete our collection! And big Zentradi / Meltran mechs too.

Yes, I'm a "big" scale and detail guy. :D

Edited by Neova

Thanks for all your input guys.

let me start by apologizing to anyone who I may offend with this thread. My intentions was just to help MWer who had the same interest. I did not want to start a recasting frenzy in this community. Guess i should of change my description to be less agressive or more of a survey first? :(

Anyways...that was my only concerns with animebox was how well they gonna reproduce this kit. VF-1s Alpha is gonna send a few pic of his 1/48 YF-21 for comparison next week. I would love to have Carl or one of MWer take on the project...just dont' want to be a burden to anyone though. But if animebox does not come through, then hopefully after the VB6 project, the YF-21 would be next. :)

"D'Stance Perfect Variable"!? AHH..think I've cummed in my pants :D

Nevertheless, probably the BEST YF-21 in existance right now in terms of detail and engineering.

I agreed with ya Neova...D'stance YF-21 is awesome. Blows away the SHE kit.

FYI, animebox sent me a pic sample of one of their recast for quality and details purposes. Unfortunately, it's not the pic of the 1/48 YF-21. You guys make the call on it.

post-3-1080844251_thumb.jpg

Are these guys based in HK? Do you have an address? I looked over their pricing and its a higher than local. I could swing by (when I return) and look at them.

Hmm remind me to pickup my WF04 1/6 Solid Snake Re-cast and post pictures here so we can compare shop quality.

Are these guys based in HK? Do you have an address? I looked over their pricing and its a higher than local. I could swing by (when I return) and look at them.

Thanks Anthony. I'll look for their info and give it to you on Monday. That would be sweet if you drop by and lay the smack down on them. :D